The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This has literally never stopped conservative sites before. If anything, they're holding the story until the general. They don't care much about the appearance of hypocrisy.

Minus talking to friends and family about it. And recounting the events, though not names, to a therapist - https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...17b_story.html
    Well, all of that might help, except all of the "Why now?" points are apparent valid as per uber Feminist Amanda Marcotte who when it was Blaisy Ford said "Why now?" is an invalid question; but apparently "Why now?" is valid. Or that people questioned if Ford was a partisan given she hated Trump, much as people are saying Reade is Partisan for hating Biden, but with Ford it was forgiven by Maroctte because well of course you'd hate your own rapist theoretically but with Reade this is why she is "suspect" and then there is the digging through her past to discredit Reade, which is apparently acceptable for Reade but was a sin against all that is holy with Ford.

Basically there is zero way to sustain the "Kavannagh is a rapist, REMOVE HIM!" and "BIDEN DID NOTHING WRONG, READE IS A FOREIGN SPY!" at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    *snip*
    Not sure why the tangent was needed. I'm of the same position now as I was with Ford/Kavanaugh: Believe the woman and seriously investigate to get as close to the truth as we can.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not sure why the tangent was needed. I'm of the same position now as I was with Ford/Kavanaugh: Believe the woman and seriously investigate to get as close to the truth as we can.
    Would, in your opinion; the allegations against Kavanaugh justify him not being on the Supreme Court?

EDIT: Further, I wonder why Symone Sanders would delete these old Kavanaugh related tweets?

Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-04-01 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Would, in your opinion; the allegations against Kavanaugh justify him not being on the Supreme Court?
    Not according to 54% of Republicans, who would support him, even if it were proven to be true:

https://www.npr.org/about-npr/651750...rett-kavanaugh

It didn't stop you from shilling for Trump for years. Your entire argument is hoping that others are as morally corrupt as you Trumpsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's "rally 'round the flag" bump is fading .. that was fast.
    New Marquette Law Wisconsin poll

Trump job performance
    Approve 48%
    Disapprove 49%

General election
    Biden 48%
    Trump 45%

Sanders 45%
    Trump 47%

National Democratic Primary
    Harris
    (3/29-30):
    Biden 54% (+22)
    Sanders 32%

MorningConsult
    (3/23-29):
    Biden 61% (+25)
    Sanders 36%

Harvard/HarrisPoll
    (3/24-26):
    Biden 58% (+26)
    Sanders 32%

Looks like sanders peaked at 40% in places like ID, ND & VT.
    Government Affiliated Snark

If any of the other major contenders from recent years were president instead I'm willing to bet their approval rating would be well over 70%. Pick any of them: Romney, Clinton, Kasich, Sanders, etc... Without a doubt their preparedness and response to the virus would have been better. We'd also have a more competent government since Trump seems to like firing anyone that doesn't pledge personal loyalty. Right now it's like a major league roster is mostly filled by pee wee league players with very few exceptions.

I don't know that this will erode Trump's base too much other than the deaths. Trump supporters seem inclined to keep living in a fantasy world. But, the virus is going to kill many more Trump voters than Biden voters simply because of demographics.

Also I must admit some of the ads being put out, by Biden's team especially, are truly fucking brutal in taking Trump down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If any of the other major contenders from recent years were president instead I'm willing to bet their approval rating would be well over 70%. Pick any of them: Romney, Clinton, Kasich, Sanders, etc... Without a doubt their preparedness and response to the virus would have been better. We'd also have a more competent government since Trump seems to like firing anyone that doesn't pledge personal loyalty. Right now it's like a major league roster is mostly filled by pee wee league players with very few exceptions.

I don't know that this will erode Trump's base too much other than the deaths. Trump supporters seem inclined to keep living in a fantasy world. But, the virus is going to kill many more Trump voters than Biden voters simply because of demographics.

Also I must admit some of the ads being put out, by Biden's team especially, are truly fucking brutal in taking Trump down.
    ‘God’s plan‘ is unfortunately still on the table.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I could not agree more - any even remotely normal human being randomly thrust into that position would be getting better ratings than Trump is right now. Team Deplorable seems to have seen their rally-flag numbers peak, as you pointed out, when they should still be climbing. Many other world leaders are seeing insane bumps. And looking at governors that have been working hard to do the right thing - Cuomo - saw a 54% increase in his favorables. INCREASE.

It will be interesting to see how the demographics of the final butcher's bill play out. Darkly so, but still....

Even that first one they put out - WOW - that was fucking amazing. I think that same team needs to put out a minute long one (thank you Bloomberg!) with Trumps tweets from while Obama was president and now, showing how badly he thinks of his own performance. Not sure how that would play out - might be too intellectual for a political ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trelpord View Post
    You don't have a national healthcare system and your response to the virus is pathetic and embarrassing, largely because whoever was president you'd have a whole load of states filled with dumbasses who think science is a liberal conspiracy.

Trump's meddling doesn't help but this was always going to be a fuck-up from day one.

The exception would have been Sanders: with a properly-funded national healthcare system you might just have contained this. I can't even believe Americans are so mind-numbingly stupid they are seriously considering voting for two candidates who both want to retain private healthcare. Really, your whole country is full of retards, and I don't mean that as an exaggeration. Doubtless there will be someone who will think this sentiment is just anti-americanism-but I assure you literally everyone outside the US, friend or foe, is either laughing or looking at you with the deepest pity.

- - - Updated - - -

Rally round the flag stops working when there is a mountain of corpses on the flag.
    You know a lot of EU countries, and Canada as well still have private healthcare options, right?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this a April's Fool joke? Well, here is some data which is not. The great majority of the virus death's so far have happened in states and areas of the country Trump lost and does not have strong support in now. But the truth is, those who live in heavily populated areas are the ones being affected the most. The virus is none partisan. :P

And I found this article interesting, since it is one from comments made by a ex Obama advisor, who more than likely understands the subject of politics better than most of us on here....https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-...en-coronavirus

The coronavirus pandemic and struggling economy will not deter President Trump's supporters from turning out in November, which makes the incumbent "very dangerous" to Democratic front-runner Joe Biden, former Obama adviser David Plouffe told the "Fox News Rundown" podcast Thursday.

"You look at the economic situation and say, 'How can an incumbent win in that?' But, you know, no one's blaming Trump for the damage," Plouffe explained. " ... I think if you can lay his crisis response at his feet and connect that to the economy, I do think that's some headwind he's got to run into."

"But," Plouffe continued, "almost no matter what happens, [the question is] can Donald Trump win Wisconsin? Can he win Michigan? Can he win Pennsylvania? Can he win Florida?' Sure, because his base is so solid. And I think he's going to turn out voters almost at a historical level on his behalf, so that makes him very dangerous if you're Joe Biden."
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-04-02 at 12:26 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Is this a April's Fool joke? Well, here is some data which is not. The great majority of the virus death's so far have happened in states and areas of the country Trump lost and does not have strong support in now. But the truth is, those who live in heavily populated areas are the ones being affected the most. The virus is none partisan. :P

And I found this article interesting, since it is one from comments made by a ex Obama advisor, which more than likely understands the subject of politics better than most of us on here....https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-...en-coronavirus

The coronavirus pandemic and struggling economy will not deter President Trump's supporters from turning out in November, which makes the incumbent "very dangerous" to Democratic front-runner Joe Biden, former Obama adviser David Plouffe told the "Fox News Rundown" podcast Thursday.

"You look at the economic situation and say, 'How can an incumbent win in that?' But, you know, no one's blaming Trump for the damage," Plouffe explained. " ... I think if you can lay his crisis response at his feet and connect that to the economy, I do think that's some headwind he's got to run into."

"But," Plouffe continued, "almost no matter what happens, [the question is] can Donald Trump win Wisconsin? Can he win Michigan? Can he win Pennsylvania? Can he win Florida?' Sure, because his base is so solid. And I think he's going to turn out voters almost at a historical level on his behalf, so that makes him very dangerous if you're Joe Biden."
    So sad that you are this gullible to believe Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So sad that you are this gullible to believe Fox News.
    So do you have any evidence to counter the current demographics of where the virus is killing most people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trelpord View Post
    I know you are fucking dumb as shit but even you should understand that the virus hits the elderly disproportionately who vote Republican mainly.

And , duh it hits cities first, but it will reach redneck land and you and your wife/sister sooner or later. Did you think rednecks and white supremacists get a pass or something?
    So even if less people are voting due to deaths from the virus, blue counties will still vote blue and red will still vote red. Question is whether the swing states will switch and there currently there is no indication they will, given that his overall approval rating and virus response rating haven't budged much, tells me that independents and swing states still lean his way.
    Last edited by Somewhatconcerned; 2020-04-02 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    So do you have any evidence to counter the current demographics of where the virus is killing most people?
    Simple answer testing, most states have run out of tests red states where they didn't take it seriously are now asking for test. Florida which was denying the whole thing until yesterday testing is basically non existent considering their population. That's why the death figures from the virus are actually lower than the real numbers because you can't spare to test dead people for the virus.

People that are crossing their fingers hoping that enough people in a given demographic die to swing an election are fucking ghoulish. It should go without saying that if you need a mass die-off to win, you probably had a shitty platform.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    People that are crossing their fingers hoping that enough people in a given demographic die to swing an election are fucking ghoulish. It should go without saying that if you need a mass die-off to win, you probably had a shitty platform.
    Lol. So true. But with some, their hatred can run so deep, they start to feel desperate.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I kind of see the exact opposite democrats have been on this and sounding the alarm so the side that would in theory benefit most from this has been the most proactive. It's kind of amazing watching Fox News which mostly serves the elderly pass this off as the flu / hoax for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I kind of see the exact opposite democrats have been on this and sounding the alarm so the side that would in theory benefit most from this has been the most proactive. It's kind of amazing watching Fox News which mostly serves the elderly pass this off as the flu / hoax for months.
    I'm not saying this is some top down conspiracy, I'm saying some of the people in this thread are real shit bags. I'm sure a bunch will now say they're not wishing anyone would die (just that it's their own fault and they're Republican anyway, so good riddance!) and that I'm awful for implying that they were saying any such thing
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-02 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So even if less people are voting due to deaths from the virus, blue counties will still vote blue and red will still vote red. Question is whether the swing states will switch and there currently there is no indication they will, given that his overall approval rating and virus response rating haven't budged much, tells me that independents and swing states still lean his way.
    Yes, Like @Draco-Onis said, the red states are behind the curve and are failing to test people because they don't have the tests.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said this, quote them, and I will denounce them like they should be. Meanwhile, you and the other Trump supporters on this forum, are OPENLY ignoring that Trump has botched this virus/pandemic, and you are still willingly voting for a 2nd helping of a shit sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol. So true. But with some, their hatred can run so deep, they start to feel desperate.
    Point them out, I will wait.

It should go without saying that if you need a mass die-off to win, you probably had a shitty platform.
    Platform? What platform?
    Biden is winning primaries because he is not bernie.
    And he will win the election because he is not trump.
    The entire focus is on... who biden is not.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

As opposed to the party who swore that mass die-off was fake news and a Democratic hoax....