Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicawesomestmaximus View Post
    I don’t understand the issue. “War” mode....war ain’t fair. If you want to win, don’t be alliance.
    Maybe they should cap the number of horde accounts to really balance things out. We shouldn't be forced to be disgusting horde to win

10+ Year Old Account
    It will change NOTHING.

Dominant faction will still win.

Minor faction will server hop and will land on a server where all bosses will be defeated already.

Just had this on Alliance EU at 12:00 and it was a PvE shitfest. The usual 5 PvE commanders on WarMode. Got to one but it was tagged by HORDE, rest died in few seconds after that. So no Commodations for me.
    Got jack shit, best of luck ever getting the Nazjatar Battle Commodations now. So glad I farmed the mount before this huge failure.

Looks near impossible to get in current state unless I'm mistaken. I even checked group finder. NOONE list any Battle for Nazjatar on Alliance so guess 0 battles was going on. There was always 10+ before this hotfix.

Last edited by Nelle; 2019-07-02 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Looks near impossible to get in current state unless I'm mistaken. I even checked group finder. NOONE list any Battle for Nazjatar on Alliance so guess 0 battles was going on. There was always 10+ before this hotfix.
    Blizzard always fail. When something is not working correctly like the battle of nazjatar, they hit on it with a hammer and it works even less...
    I have 137 marks only ... well, now it'll take 10 years to buy everything.

So you have to manually find a shard where the battle is going on just to find the opposite faction is dominating the battle. What a great change.

Something had to be done, I agree, but this is the worst possible solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just got into a battle for Nazjatar. Guess what happens when a shard is 'balanced'. Everyone floods the shard, makes it lag and the Horde STILL destroy the Alliance. Hahaha.

They've made the event harder to get into, that's about it.

Also on a note, the PvE shitshow commanders only drop one commendation, so if you can't find a battle for naz group you're going to have to kill 150 commanders that only spawn one every 3 hours. And you won't receive conquest, rep or any manapearls beyond the 2 you get. Good luck killing more than one commander per event. Losing Naz gave more stuff.

The best part? Because RP shards (Alliance dominant) are now considered ‘imbalanced’, they’ll get the PvE event. Meaning that all a balanced shard has to do is start a group, invite tons of Horde and the Horde will win every time because there are more Horde Warmode players than Alliance.

So now the Alliance can’t win the event at all. Hahaha.

Just got the mount, look forward to getting the flags and pet too now that I’m guaranteed to win.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-02 at 10:57 AM.

Can't imagine for the life of me how they didn't see this was a shitty fix lol. So glad I farmed the commendations for the mount during the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact : Balance is dictated by PLAYERS.
    Players joining other groups to leave just because it is a bit hard --> end result factions split in two.

NOTHING that Blizzard can do about it.
    Between, giving buffs/incentives to the outnumbered faction, fixing/disabling sharding/hopping to ensure only balanced shards exist or instancing the event there are multiple things that Blizzard can do.It's just that Blizzard allows for players to create imbalance by pushing their half-baked war mode system without fixes. But in the end, they won't fix it, rather than being unable to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Group the 3000 alliance with 3000 horde. Stop any shard hoping and limit the number of horse to the number of alliance.

The other 12 can suck it.
    so literally you are saying that 66% of people can suck it so 33% can get something? Let's disable all modes but mythic then? 90% can suck it so 10% can have their fun and feel special about it.

Just make pvp not faction based. Why cant one orc slay another orc? Make everyone kill themselves. Then horde can enjoy the true pvp experience they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its not just horde, on my realm allaince has never lost.
    thing is it has nothing to do with sharding, if not for sharding EVERY realm would be imbaanced, but with sharding it still is cause people will leave server if they ware losing.

- - - Updated - - -

thats phasing not sharding.
    that is you or them entering a location that has changed with quests, this has been around since wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

its not because of ppor sharding
    its because people leave to another server the second they see they are losing
    also how is this penalizing people? this is BETTER

- - - Updated - - -

there is no problem with sharding, the problem is that if a faction is even slightly ahead, people will go to another server where they are winning by ALOT.

- - - Updated - - -

"stop any shard hoping" so the thing that has been going on right now sometimes and people have been getting pissed off at, paired with "i cant play with my friends"

- - - Updated - - -

the alliance has been winning constantly on the servers i play on, its not just alliance who do it, the horde does it all the time too stop pretending like alliance and horde players are entirely different people.
    Then explain why my brother saw me "phasing" in and out 5 times just 10 yards in front of him while I saw 2 allies 10 yards in front of me doing the same.

Me and my brother has done the exact same quests, so blaming phasing because of quests is bullshit

I say again: Blizzards sharding technology is absolutely fucked up these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Blizzard has put themselves into this mess. Yesterday on Alliance at least, a dude was yelling for people to join the raid and win this. There was barely any horde.

Thanks Sharding and Cross Realms. Great system. Also thanks for giving Horde free conquest, mounts +++ without even needing to get organized.
    So alliance got free heroic gear, conquest, and ap for weeks, but its bad if horde get that for a week? I wish i were surprised by your logic.

almost had me at "experienced it ourselves"

by that, they mean they went and tested it... they don't play the game almost fooled me (they have lives).

Didn't they have something like a beta to test this all out? This entire patched feels so unfinished..

"To address this, we’ve now changed it via hotfix so the “Battle for Nazjatar” will only become active when Nazjatar has a good mix of both Horde and Alliance players in War Mode."

Cool, no more PVP Battles then. /golfclap

Yesterday we (Horde) won a battle by 17 to 3000, but basically nobody got anything, because there was not a single alliance character in the zone, we even camped their base.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first time in my WoW "life" that I openly disagree with something. WHY would you allow warmode off players the ability of colecting PvP currency ???? That totally breaks the purpose of having warmode ON when you can just do warmode OFF stuff and have the same rewards as if you had warmode ON

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Balance this situation:

15,000 horde with WM on for event.

3,000 Alliance on for WM on for event.
    Implement a "Join Battle" button like Ashran/Tol Barad.

12 Groups.
    250 / 250 in each Shards.

For the remaining 12000 Hordes that were too late to join - Too bad, better luck next time.

This way there's an deterrent for Ally players to flee Horde and for Horde to stay Horde for no other reason than just being on the steamrolling side.

Over time, people will go back - If not, it will solve itself eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Balance this situation:

15,000 horde with WM on for event.

3,000 Alliance on for WM on for event.
    Implement a "Join Battle" button like Ashran/Tol Barad.

12 Groups, 250 players each side.

The rest of the 12000 Horde players that were too slow to join battle; Too bad, better luck next time.

There is an absolute need for it to be some kind of deterrent for Horde so that players that are specifically horde just to be on the "steamrolling side" - this way, people fleeing Alliance in this way will stop.

Over time, people will go back (specifically people who are just "FOTM":ing on the Horde side) - And if people don't, it will solve itself over time with new players either way, all about patience.

Blizzard, just remove sharding altogether; it is the root of all evil!

- - - Updated - - -

What is alliance even doing these days? They are not participating in PVP but they are also not competing in PVE (see Hall of Fame leaderbords at the moment)? ?-)

So many bugs all around for me. Don't get me wrong, I love to actually have something new and interesting to do but there are some serious flawed logic going on here.

Battle for Nazjatar was always awkward. I'm playing on Draenor, there is barely any Alliance player around. I could dedicate 15 min capping capture points during the event only to never encounter a single alliance player giving me no rewards. Why give players no reward when they provide progress towards the capture points? I see the reason for not just handing out reward to every single player in the zone, so if you don't participate in capturing and securing capture points you need to kill a alliance player. But why force people that actually do the points to also having to hunt down alliance players?

After trying to do it for two days on my realm I just gave up and started using the ground finder. The ground finder is hilarious, it just puts you in a scenario where the horde has every capture point and you completely obliterate the alliance base in Nazjatar. There is no challenge involved and I feel I have to apologise for the unlucky alliance players logging in and porting to the base during these events because you are not going anywhere for the next 20 minutes...

This is a much better solution. If there is no real way for having a fair PvP Event just give the PvE Event instead. That is much better instead of forcing one side to never have any real chance for getting rewards, and it's much better for players running around without a single player from the opposing faction to kill locking you out of any real way of getting the reward.

But was the Battle vs Commanders fair in the first place? I've done the commanders twice now, and I've done the Battle several times and the Commander PvE Event seem to grant me Manapearl's every time while the Battle PvP Event never gave me any? The Commander PvE Event is finished in like 2-5 minutes, the PvP Event even when holding all the capture point's takes at least 20 minutes. How is this balance? Why would you not simply prefer to do the Commander's each and every time considering it's rewards and the time to complete compared to the Battle event?

There are also some flawed logic behind how tagging and world events work. When Azshara summons the Elite commander in the middle of the zone, and you take down the end "boss" from 100% to 5% HP and die and releases you don't get the event rewards (the one granting you + rep) you can only loot. What kind of logic is this and how is it possible for the game to behave in such a way in 2019? I have not tested to see what happens if you don't release, but still... I participated in the entire event, only to die seconds before the end mob was dead and lost the entire reward for the event.

Sharding is also problem went hunting for rare spawns. I have encountered this several times. You notice a rare, but before reaching it you get moved into another shard where the rare is not there. This is extremely frustrating. And events like The Doppel Gang is bugged beyond reason.

EDIT:

I also hate the heavy time-gating. The questing progression in Mechagon is limited to one new quest per day, and the progression in Nazjatar is stuck behind the get 3000 rep with a follower which will take you days.