Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

I actually really like Mechagon

I did not think that my favorite zone this expansion (other than maybe Drustvar) would be Mechagon after years of waiting for Nazjatar.

Speaking of Nazjatar, I can't get flying soon enough for that zone.

it's cool. i like steampunk stuff. but now that i'm revered with rustbolt i don't know how often i'll go there unless they give more incentive.

does the rustbolt resistance have an emissary box? i've seen two ankoan days, none for rustbolt.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Most people like Mechagon.

It's actually more rare to say you like Nazjatar, which I do, moreso than Mechagon in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    does the rustbolt resistance have an emissary box? i've seen two ankoan days, none for rustbolt.
    They don't have an emissary.

7+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me of Timeless Isle, and I liked Timeless Isle

I like the mechanics and quests of Mechagon, I just think the design, layout and size is weak and bland and underwhelming. It should be more.....mechy.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechagon is a great place, the theme is awesome and its fun to hunt these rares and work together with the other people on the island by calling out rares for eachother. (except that one guy who bursts down rustfeather alone, you know who you are!)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I like the mechanics and quests of Mechagon, I just think the design, layout and size is weak and bland and underwhelming. It should be more.....mechy.
    I like it. It's basically a steam punk junkyard.

Maybe I just miss simple zones that all have one theme instead of zones that have multiple hubs that don't even really feel like they are connected. I'd love it in the next expansion if they introduced more smaller zones instead of a few big ones.

I like both zones but mechagon just has a lot more imo. The rare farming follows a different format than Nazjatar (which is intended and a good thing) and I like it a lot more. Alternate mechagon is also really awesome, has a good cyberpunk kinda feel. The dailies in mechagon have all been easy or fun to do especially with the jetpacks. I love the tinkering/crafting as well, I think as a system it really added a lot to mechagon. For raiding content we’ll craft rings and punchcards but you also have a mount to craft that you can collect paints for which is cool.

Overall I think mechagon turned out to be awesome. I have 2 more paints to go for my Mechanocat and im halfway through revered so I’m not sure how often I’ll go to mecha once that’s all done but honestly I’ve gotten more content out of mechagon than almost all of 8.0-8.1.5 so I’m fine with that.

I think both zones are growing on me. When I first logged on to 8.2, midweek after work, there was so much going on with all the daily quests, the twisted layout of Nazjar, the constant flapping of the bodygurard, high HP mobs, and all the crazy engineering stuff in Mechagon, I was overwhelmed.

Now that I've had a chance to play into them, and give each zone a few chilled hours to explore, they don't seem as intimdating and I think they are far more interesting than the WQ grind round the islands that 8.0 and 8.1 had become.

I've got my head round mechagon and it should be a fun place to explore, there's plenty I've still not touched in yet and I've only been there on my main.

Both zones are terrible imo. The questing is horrendously dull.

Mechagon is a less good timeless isle minus the gear drops. It is the least offensive of the two, cause at least theres some humor going around and it's a bit easier to navigate, but yeah. I can't say i like either one. Should be getting flying tomorrow and then i'll be done with them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I like both zones but mechagon just has a lot more imo. The rare farming follows a different format than Nazjatar (which is intended and a good thing) and I like it a lot more. Alternate mechagon is also really awesome, has a good cyberpunk kinda feel. The dailies in mechagon have all been easy or fun to do especially with the jetpacks. I love the tinkering/crafting as well, I think as a system it really added a lot to mechagon. For raiding content we’ll craft rings and punchcards but you also have a mount to craft that you can collect paints for which is cool.

Overall I think mechagon turned out to be awesome. I have 2 more paints to go for my Mechanocat and im halfway through revered so I’m not sure how often I’ll go to mecha once that’s all done but honestly I’ve gotten more content out of mechagon than almost all of 8.0-8.1.5 so I’m fine with that.
    Alternate Mechagon has really cool look. As much as I like regular Mechagon, I'm surprised they never went with that as the official look of it.

It really has been a nice surprise. I never would've thought in the Queen Azshara/N'Zoth/Sylvanas expansion that the best zone would be a Gnome one.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blueprints make Mechagon feel more like Suramar. You have to gradually build up improvements in the zone over time. It's weird because it makes it seem more like the primary zone than Nazjatar does.

Mechagon is an absolute masterpiece.

The only disadvantage is that you have to make some effort at first to actually start appreciating it, but once you do, you ll love it.

Mechagon is great and made me want to create a Gnome or Goblin tech. Too bad there are still no tech-based classes in WoW.

Gnomes got some lovings this patch, and it shows. It is fair to say that I am enjoying Mechagon more that I thought I would, and definitely enjoy it more than I am enjoying the "Vashj'ir but with no swimming" zone, err, Naz'jatar.

Every day since the patch released, every time I am about to talk with Gazlowe to port me there I literally stop in front of him for a few seconds and think if I really wanna go there or simply ALT+F4 (Mechagon is the last thing I do before logging out). 3 more days or so and I should get flying then I am never going there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yea, the size seems like it was just throw together with no real thought. I liked the actual... city(?) though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Mechagon is great and made me want to create a Gnome or Goblin tech. Too bad there are still no tech-based classes in WoW.
    You can kinda sorta get there with survival hunter, they have traps, explosives and can have mech pets. Plus there's some cool "mech" looking mail pieces for xmog.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-07-06 at 03:37 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

It's OK. I wish there were a bit more story driven quests but I suppose they put that inside the raid. I just wish it was a bit larger, with more caves, crannies and so on. I wish it had a bit more variety in colours and atmospheres - that's why TI was so good. There was the no-go Elite area, then there were the pirates, the frogs and the Evermaw chase - remember that?

But it's good.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying 8.2 immensely. Mechagon is a ton of fun to do with friends everyday
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore