Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV/Netflix] Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers

Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers

Has anyone else watched this yet?

I watched it a few nights ago, it's pretty interesting to say the least. I'm sure people were already aware of him as you can't look up Alien Conspiracy and not see his name but i thought the documentary was good.

He talks with such conviction that i have to just believe everything he is saying. I don't think he knows the full overall picture however he talks about that himself countless times. How he was only given access to X amount of information etc.

I also find it extremely weird how all of a sudden when the time came to discredit him he apparently had no diploma's for literally any schools he ever went to amongst other things.

It was also bizarre how after they had 1 of their talks (Bob & the interviewer) the same day the FBI came around mid Netflix documentary and took complete control over his home.

I think it would be stupid to perceive we are completely alone in this vast universe and there is just something about Bob that makes me believe him.

haven't seen it but i watched "unacknowledged" a few nights ago and it was very good and recent info (Trump is pres in it). Its good to see some newer stuff and not just repeats of the old information.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    He talks with such conviction that i have to just believe everything he is saying.
    No. You really don't.

I also find it extremely weird how all of a sudden when the time came to discredit him he apparently had no diploma's for literally any schools he claimed he went to amongst other things.
    Fixed that for you.

Obviously i don't HAVE to believe everything he says, i don't have to do anything. I do believe him however.

I didn't ask you to fix anything in a patronising way so please refrain from doing that.

If you think he's full of shit that's up to you.

Let's say aliens did crash land on earth and the super government have them and then someone blabbed about it, all means would be used to discredit that person.

If he is lying then hes a tremendous liar.

Seems pretty odd though how as soon as he was talking about it literally within the documentary the FBI showed up, about 40 of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching him on JRE, I have to say I believe hes 120% full of shit.

I have no evidence to contradict him or prove him right. Which means its really not possible to say he is right or wrong. He obviously has a incredible story weather he is being honest or not because he has been making money off it since the late 80's. Over all though when it comes to personal opinion is that the whole concept he tries to peddle is to simple to actually work. I would say the odds are higher that he could have been part of government weapons programs that seemed insanely out of this world but actually were pretty home brewed experiments in reality.

Let's say aliens did crash land on earth and the super government have them and then someone blabbed about it, all means would be used to discredit that person.
    What means do you think have been taken to discredit him? People trying for decades to confirm his claims and coming up empty isn't exactly anyone's fault but the guy making the unsubstantiated claims.
    Seems pretty odd though how as soon as he was talking about it literally within the documentary the FBI showed up, about 40 of them.
    Even people who presumably want to believe this nonsense acknowledge that the FBI raid had nothing to do with his claims about aliens.

I get your point and i'm honestly usually skeptical of this sort of shit. In fact when the program started i said something along the lines of 'Let's see what bullshit this turns out to be' to my girlfriend. I'm not some conspiracy nut who believes that lizards exist within the royal family and they eat virgin children etc.

I suppose he's either an exceptional liar or he's telling the truth.

Within the documentary he goes quite into detail on what could he have ever gained from this? He doesn't look wealthy, if anything he's just been ridiculed his life since that date.

It's his demeanor and the way he comes across. He looks like a man who's fed up of saying the same shit where no one believes him. He talks about it all in such a way that to me, personally it rolls off the tongue because he's telling the truth.

Obviously we can't prove if what he's saying is a load of shit or it's the truth and yes there is no proof that he attended those colleges but it's also the sort of thing a government who was trying to hide the existence of other life would do. Essentially wipe his credentials and even as i write that i know how silly it sounds but it's not as if it isn't possible.

Also re the FBI, they said within the documentary that it was to do with something completely unrelated to any of the Alien stuff it's just very odd that whilst filming that's the time they decided to show up, coincidental or not.

He talks with such conviction that i have to just believe everything he is saying.
    Do you understand the term "con man"? A con man is slang for "confidence man". It literally refers to the fact that if you say a lie with confidence and conviction, people will believe it. As a functioning adult, you have you recognize that when someone says something with confidence to be VERY wary because human beings will use a confident approach to peddle their lies all day long.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm fully aware what a con man is yes.

A con man is also someone who has the ulterior motive to gain either wealth or hide the truth to protect themselves. I see that is in no way shape or form relevant to him as he is neither wealthy nor covering up something or protect himself. He may be a liar yes but not a con man.

It's his demeanor and the way he comes across. He looks like a man who's fed up of saying the same shit where no one believes him. He talks about it all in such a way that to me, personally it rolls off the tongue because he's telling the truth.
    Or because he's been telling the same lies for 30 years that it has become second nature.

As for his not being able to get wealthy off this stuff, it's probably because there aren't enough people willing to believe this particular myth without any sort of evidence beyond convenient coincidences, and wishful thinking. Most people already have religion to scratch that particular itch.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-07-09 at 03:10 PM.

I'm fully aware what a con man is yes.

A con man is also someone who has the ulterior motive to gain either wealth or hide the truth to protect themselves. I see that is in no way shape or form relevant to him as he is neither wealthy nor covering up something or protect himself. He may be a liar yes but not a con man.
    It DIRECTLY applies to him. Lazar is a confidence man quite obviously.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    the documentary on netflix is good, but if you enjoyed that even slightly, youll find the podcast he did with Joe Rogan a week or two ago far more enlightening and entertaining.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'll add it to my list.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have known about Bob Lazar since since about the early 90s when he would come on Coast to Coast with Art Bell. I have to say of all of Art's guest he seemed to be one of the more convincing, that said, I have never been sold.

I also have Netflix scrolled past this documentary a couple of time I think. I also clicked play for a little bit and really got turned off when they had to play music in the background for everything! Music especially weird creepy music in any documentary immediately reminds me of theater and part of my brain just stops taking it seriously.

That said, I am aware of Bob Lazar and his claims. From what I gather his story hasn't changed since the first time I heard it, which might mean either he is getting a lot of something for a trick that works or he could be telling the truth. Or rather the truth as he believes it to be from his perspective.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I also have Netflix scrolled past this documentary a couple of time I think. I also clicked play for a little bit and really got turned off when they had to play music in the background for everything! Music especially weird creepy music in any documentary immediately reminds me of theater and part of my brain just stops taking it seriously.
    not to say i entirely believe Lazar, but if you watch the podcast he did with Joe Rogan recently with the director of this documentary, you kind of see what a, for lack of a better term, bozo the director is. the cheesy music of the documentary and the way it was pieced together really turned me off, but as i said above, if you're even marginally interested in the topic, Joe was able to get a much better conversation out of Bob and you owe it to yourself to give it a listen

10+ Year Old Account
    Was considering watching this, after reading here what kind of a nutjob he is. I'll probably pass this one up, enough conspiracy theorist around would probably end up feeling dumber after watching it.

Sometimes I'm amazed at how elderly people are gullible enough to give their life savings to a confident con man televangelist or snake oil salesman that speaks with total conviction. But then I read this thread and realize the problem affects younger people too.

For the record, this guy is a fraud and I've never believed him for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Pretty good but I don’t like all the weird artsy shit they did in it (music, narrater, video clips, etc). Should have just presented it as a regular documentary.

I actually believe Lazar but I’ve always believed that aliens have been coming to Earth.
    That was my gripe about the doc too, literally no need for all the Mickey Rourke 'clever word' over dubs. It didn't come across in a good way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Sometimes I'm amazed at how elderly people are gullible enough to give their life savings to a confident con man televangelist or snake oil salesman that speaks with total conviction. But then I read this thread and realize the problem affects younger people too.
    lol shut up.