1700 Suspected child sex predators just arrested in two month sting

You'd think this would make the news, did anyone know about this in June from mainstream media or was it just local media reporting national news? Wouldn't this be considered major news in the publics interest?
    A 2 month sting to catch over 1700 suspected child sex offenders. Including 308 scumbags who either created child sex abuse videos or raped children in the videos and 357 child sex victims identified/rescued.
    Not much of a peep? Or is it not considered as important news? I'd have thought it would be but then I treat it as one of the most heinous crimes that exist today.
    Anyway well done to the Internet Crimes Against Children task force. Its things like this that restore my faith in the legal system, at least for the good guys who go out to catch these sick sons of bitches. Could you imagine what it would be like having to view such horrific material on children? Talk about PTSD, it would be a nightmare that would change the average persons very core...
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nearl...n-broken-heart

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There could have been a publication ban to prevent criminals from getting away while police conducted the operation.

Yes, it was around the time when they found that ship with over a billion dollars worth of cocaine on board.

To be fair those kind of grand operation while good, need to stay outside of the public eye as much as possible. Advertising them is a diservice to them, some of these grand scale investigations are methodical years/decades of work before the sting . Its not like joe doe killed his wife and hes already pleading not guilty the next day kind of investigation. For example giving names of people they arrested might tip off people that are in other ongoing investigation. Hey i had contact with that guy 10 years ago, mabye they got stuff one me! Does it sucks that these people dont get the recognition often, yes, but a lot of time its for the good of their work.

Theres so much information about these cases that simply should never be disclosed, even the number of inditifed rescued victicms is a lot of info that should probably not be given. Its information that makes victims easier to ID outside of the investigation, which you really dont want.

I agree that its real news, but is it really news we think are benefical to the task of saving children from sex slavery?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-07-14 at 01:29 PM.

How many people usually get arrested for these sorts of sex crimes in a two month period? Without a baseline, it's pretty hard to have an opinion on how significant that number is.

Which would you prefer? Something like this to be widely publicized so that those involved have the time to take extra steps to either protect themselves or scrub the evidence. Or those involved actually being apprehended and prosecuted?