Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Washing machine in kitchen

In almost every 'modern' apartment/house designs I see washing machines being put in the kitchen. Like, you can smell your socks while making a dinner.
    Yet, in almost every design made by or for 'common people', they leave it in the bathroom where dirty clothes actually 'reside'.

Why is it so? Where would you want your washing machine at yourself? And why?

I remember seeing weird ideas where someone put toilet bowl in kitchen too lol...

In a laundry room, like God intended. Yes, a separate room to house a washer and a dryer, along with storage for soaps and drying racks, counters, and other laundry accoutrements.

Because it's easier to do the plumbing that way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    To make it more convenient for your wife.

i always assumed it was just a way to cut costs on the plumbing by putting it in the most convenient place for the pipes, which just happens to usually be the kitchen or bathroom. my apartment has it in the kitchen, but if i went through the wall next to it I would be stepping into the shower.

7+ Year Old Account
    I lived in a couple apartments that had the washer and dryer in an alcove in the kitchen. Never noticed a bad smell with that scenario. I do prefer those appliances either in the basement or the garage.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bathroom, storeroom/basement or otherwise isolated back room.

Why would I want my laundry machines in the bedroom? I like to sleep there.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

You aren't taking care of your clothes well if you are smelling socks in the kitchen.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I have a laundry room but when I lived in England it was in the kitchen.

Deleted
    I remember reading somewhere that there were some laws against putting electrical devices in bathrooms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    In almost every 'modern' apartment/house designs I see washing machines being put in the kitchen. Like, you can smell your socks while making a dinner.
    Yet, in almost every design made by or for 'common people', they leave it in the bathroom where dirty clothes actually 'reside'.

I remember seeing weird ideas where someone put toilet bowl in kitchen too lol...
    Jesus Christ how fucking manky are your feet?

Kitchen is a perfectly normal place to having a washing machine in a flat/apartment. Never seen a washing machine in a bathroom
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kitchen is fine. Also, if you do laundry frequently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Kitchen is a perfectly normal place to having a washing machine in a flat/apartment. Never seen a washing machine in a bathroom
    Who said these were my socks (at least I hope they were just socks lol)

Deleted
    I'd say the vast majority of houses in the UK have the washing machine is in the kitchen. If your house is big enough to warrant having an extra room it might be in tbe hole under the stairs or in a small laundry room but that is pretty rare.

Also your 'problem' is easily averted by not doing your washing at the same time you cook.

If your washer/dryer is giving off a smell, you aren't keeping up well enough on your laundry..... apartments do it so they don't have to give you more space.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    In a laundry room, like God intended. Yes, a separate room to house a washer and a dryer, along with storage for soaps and drying racks, counters, and other laundry accoutrements.
    Yeah like this, I've never seen it any other way honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Any room that has cabinetry makes plumbing a nightmare.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    But you would have plumbing in your toilet as well?? ?? ? ?? ? Both water and drain?????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Thats funny because I've never once in my entire 33 years of living seen a washing machine in the kitchen, always in the bathroom or separate room/house.

If your clothes are making such a powerful stench that you can smell them through washing machine water, soap and a waterproof sealed environment, you probably have some sort of fungal infection or some serious B.O issues. How often do you shower that this occurs?

10+ Year Old Account

Having the washing machine in the kitchen is quite old time thing, I believe. Here you either have a washroom or room for it in the bathroom.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..