Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Explain Something to Me...

I've played WoW for years (going on 12 this year.)

And... I still can't help but wonder, how would a warrior actually survive? What kind of freak of nature badass would you have to be in order to survive a hellscape of lethal magic and power where you yourself are powerless?

Even when playing protection... I have to laugh because you're literally yelling at mobs to attack you - even better when done as a Gnome.

If you had to imagine what that warrior would look like, realistically speaking... it wouldn't be pretty. How many times can a warrior be immolated by fire and stay sane? (Fire mages are perhaps the most morally abhorrent combat choice by far.) Actually - fair point. How does anyone have the willpower to fight against fire casters (or really any caster)? Ele, Fire and Destro would irl be terrifying, even if spells had to actually be aimed.

Even rogues and hunters supplement with magic... Warriors are essentially fighting naked yet are still around? How?

10+ Year Old Account
    We be badasses, that's how. ^_^
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

You are forgetting the most important rule:

Don't question logic in a game where you can fling fireballs.

People always like to cherry-pick their logical consistency problem - the existence of magic and dragons and undead and whatnot is apparently not a problem for them, but when it comes to a beefcake in 600lbs armor sprinting down the hall through a shower of plasma, suddenly it's too much for them to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

And... I still can't help but wonder, how would a warrior actually survive? What kind of freak of nature badass would you have to be in order to survive a hellscape of lethal magic and power where you yourself are powerless?

Even when playing protection... I have to laugh because you're literally yelling at mobs to attack you - even better when done as a Gnome.

If you had to imagine what that warrior would look like, realistically speaking... it wouldn't be pretty. How many times can a warrior be immolated by fire and stay sane? (Fire mages are perhaps the most morally abhorrent combat choice by far.) Actually - fair point. How does anyone have the willpower to fight against fire casters (or really any caster)? Ele, Fire and Destro would irl be terrifying, even if spells had to actually be aimed.

Even rogues and hunters supplement with magic... Warriors are essentially fighting naked yet are still around? How?
    Your equipment is magical, for one. Also, being preternaturally skilled at smashing things is not something to be discounted, and you should never underestimate the power of someone that is well and truly pissed off beyond reason.

Also, super don't question how health regen works.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2019-06-23 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    ... when it comes to a beefcake in 600lbs armor sprinting down the hall through a shower of plasma, suddenly it's too much for them to comprehend.
    #ThanksKul'Tiras

nanomachines son..... nah rage, they use rage and willpower + enchated weapons and armor(blizzard needs to rebuild warrior fantasy/lore around this, they almost did in legion with the artifact weapons, but now...)

7+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine how terrifying it must be to face a Death Knight...
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    magic hurt + magic heals = alive and angry
    /s

The Warcraft movie solved this problem by taking out pretty much every other class.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's basically a meme at this point, but this is all I think of when People ask how non-magic users would survive in a World of Supernatural beings.

The Class' resource fits it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Rage. They are very raged.
    Need more rage.

Mages do it with the power of the arcane!
    Priests do it with help from the holy light and shadow!
    Warlocks do it with the power of shadow!
    Monks do it with the power of Chi!
    Druids do it with the power of nature!
    Rogues do it with poisons, dirty tricks and the shadows!
    Demon Hunters do it with the power of the fel!
    Shamans do it with he aid of the elements!
    Hunters do it with aid from the wild beasts and nature!
    Paladins do it with the holy light!
    Death Knights do it with the power of undeath and shadow!
    Warriors....
    Warriors just DO IT!

I too have wondered how they are able to stand toe to toe against the others of this world, but that is also why warriors have always been a class I've drifted towards fantasy wise. But I guess when say a lock immolates you, it's mainly the armor you wear that gets set on fire, so not directly you, even tho it will get hot and eventually you burn. In the books shadow seems to be some of the worst magic to be hit by. My guess would be that they absorb most of the hits with their armor, even tho it's not an ingame mechanic. A fireball has a lot of kinetic energy, so they kinda absorb that, and regarding the burning, probably mostly their armor burning or not actually, literally burning.

Also, rage, for me, has always been a "meh" resource for the warrior other than fury. I don't see my prot or arms warr as vewy vewy angery men! Arms, at least, would be very calm and collected, smashing people at opportune moments, thinking tactically and such. Kinda the same with Prot. So for me the fantasy of the resource has always been fury, where they just lose themselves in a frenzy!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgulon View Post
    Also, rage, for me, has always been a "meh" resource for the warrior other than fury. I don't see my prot or arms warr as vewy vewy angery men! Arms, at least, would be very calm and collected, smashing people at opportune moments, thinking tactically and such. Kinda the same with Prot. So for me the fantasy of the resource has always been fury, where they just lose themselves in a frenzy!
    Rage isn't always pure fury through Anger. Rage can also mean Passion. So Prots Rage could be a intense passion to Protect others. Arms could be an intense passion to prove oneself on the Battlefield. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

You get healed.

Have you ever seen someone Roid Rage?!

Little known bit of lore. Gnomes were only accepted into the Alliance after they discovered how to mass produce methamphetamine. That's how all the warriors get so much rage and don't feel pain.

Have you seen Hulk? He is always angry, same with warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Little known bit of lore. Gnomes were only accepted into the Alliance after they discovered how to mass produce methamphetamine. That's how all the warriors get so much rage and don't feel pain.

I've watched every episode of COPS. I would not mess with a drugged out midget!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Need more rage.
    Not enough rage.