Poll: Dragon Isles 9.0?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How would you feel about a Dragon Isles expansion?

If blizzard hypothetically dedicated 9.0 to the “dragon isles”, and focused on all the dragon flights, would that be something you would be interested in?
    change can't wait.

Wouldn’t be any worse than anything else

Honestly still kinda tired of the dragons from Cata. And its not like they even went away after that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it honestly, but they'd have to do each Isle uniquely
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Kind of sick of islands, but my dragon bias is too strong here. Also might mean playable drakonid race, which I am all for.

But honestly I think dragon isles are best suited for a patch. Since expansions end with a hook leading to the next expansion, with the return of N'zoth it is looking likely that the next expansion will be old god and/or void themed.

More than anything I am crossing my fingers for cross-faction player grouping and world revamp. This game needs it so badly...
    Last edited by Echiyo; 2019-07-20 at 07:34 PM.

I want playable dragons.

Anything that increases chances for that gets my vote.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with it is my dislike for more... Islands. Continents have been a tad small if compared to Northrend or even Draenor. I wish we got some expansion in a land that's part of a continent bigger than Kalimdor or EK. That would be neat.

Keep in mind any xpac is guaranteed to have more than one theme in it

Dragons are cool. Death is also cool.

I don't overly care for themes but content.

The entire mystery of the dragon isles feels lost now after seeing the shrine of the storms area in stormsong valley. It resembled my expectations of the isles ever since i saw the old concept art so much that it honestly felt like they stole it from the isles to fit the kul tiran n'zoth thing into bfa.

Kinda indiferent to it now but realistically what else is actually left at this point?

It's true that the original artwork for the Dragon Isles in the very first artbook of WoW was re-used for the Shrine of Storms, but let's not pretend that the giant nautilus with tentacles made ANY sort of sense for a Dragon-themed building in the first place... it was a much better idea to re-use it for a temple of a shady subfaction of tidepriests worshipping the Old God under the sea.

As for the Dragon Isles, I think it is definitely coming soon since the agents of Wrathion outright say he is searching for them.

To the folks thinking the next expansion can't have Dragon Isles because we're headed for an Old God / Black Empire expansion (which I fully expect), I disagree because last time the Old Gods were all over the place, the Titans had to get involved and now that the Titans are busy keeping an eye on Sargeras, the second best thing is the Dragons imbued with their essences (which we've actually been working on in 8.2, imagine that...).

So to answer the question, I'd be pretty happy with a Dragon Isles expansion (and I hope we'd have several different small islands themed for each flight) but it wouldn't really be a huge surprise after all the hints and clues dropped in-game.

Really looking forward to the expansion reveal at Blizzcon!

Would love a Dragon type class tbh.

Maybe have the dragon aspects give certain dragon powers to certain races through the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don't like WoW Dragons much, but at this stage I find it hard to care about the next expansion until I've seen how this mess ends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    but let's not pretend that the giant nautilus with tentacles made ANY sort of sense for a Dragon-themed building in the first place
    They weren't supposed to bedragon themed buildings, those buildings were supposed to be ancient old god temples.
    https://twitter.com/JohnStaats_WIR/s...09108757803008
    48:55

And the art was definitely not reused, their design is inherently different.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-07-20 at 08:47 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Draith View Post
    Kind of sick of islands, but my dragon bias is too strong here. Also might mean playable drakonid race, which I am all for.

But honestly I think dragon isles are best suited for a patch. Since expansions end with a hook leading to the next expansion, with the return of N'zoth it is looking likely that the next expansion will be old god and/or void themed.

More than anything I am crossing my fingers for cross-faction player grouping and world revamp. This game needs it so badly...
    Considering we have two flights currently in the service of the Old Gods you might get your wish.

Yes, but my other issues with the game would also need to be fixed to get me to buy/resub.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

It’s a no from me, I just find it silly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, what would be the reason for going there and what actually does the "Dragon Isles" consist of? Considering the Green, Red, Bronze and Blue Dragonflights all kinda have their homes/places where they hang out/live as well as shrines in Northrend and the Black Flight is just all over in hiding and the Chromatic and Twilight flights are evil, what would be there?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

If they are regular islands, no please.
    If it's a floating archipelago in the sky, sure.

Nothing against. They have done all i wanted (kind of, cause i wanted south seas and we only got kul'tiras and Zandalar, but it will have to do).

From here on they can come up with whatever they want.