i've determined the single attribute that is most important for a team member...

i've determined the single attribute that is most important for a team member to survive an expedition to Mechagon.

That attribute is... being a gnome!
    When I saw this in the quest, it kinda flet really special to be a gnome. It had nothing to do with me always being the hero in the quest or anything like that.. being a gnome meant something relevant and important. Imo, wow really has lost that in it's races, they all feel bland after such good backstories, art assets and very different and individual charactirizations.. all ofor it to be thrown away in the story and quests to really count for nothing.

on each faction, it doesn't matter what race you, your just an alliance (likely human) person .. (especially weird when my 10k yearo ld night elf illidari discovers a highborne comb, and has to go to Ankoan to ask what it might be.. (I was like for real? I role play my demon hunter and mage night elves as highborne - and just makes me wonder.. if Swtor good have different voiced dialogues that changed not only with your class, but your gender and choices, surely creative team could at least sometimes write occasional quest texts that were appropriate -- I mean writing a quest texts is a lot less work and memory than a voice file....

But no, sadly they do not, so your character doesn't really feel special hardly ever for being a race. Same on the horde, you might as well be a random horde member, youridentity is just as either horde or alliance, or sometimes just an adventurer, racial identity is zero.. no one feels unique or diverse except for their artwork assets.

What a waste.. i't like level 1-20 is all you get (and this is skpped ify ou'r a allied race (although most allied races do actually have huge sprawling end game zones - Mag'har had an entire continent) but still you get me.

Will blizzard ever change this?

it's actually good to see the deniznes and races of the world come offa s important or special for what they are..rather than everyon equalised, everyone just literally nerfed and able to be and do everything everyone else does.
    Don't get me wrong, I expect he races will have some cross overs in capabilities and specialities, because of the lore and shared history.. like night elves nad blood elves definitely will, they're elves that come form night elves, humans and blood elves will , but each would have an individual flair.

example, Night elf arcana is moon and star arcane magic focused, while blood elves is fire focus - even though they both have arcane magic. Night elf forestry is druidic and hunter beast loving focused, while blood elf forestry is ranger/tracker forest lover - can have similarities but a different version. Yet there are things blood elves have like the Light, that night elves have something else Elune (arcane/light/void wielding order of priests)

Every race has some storng points others dont' have, and while some may share things iwht others, their type can often be very different than theother races..makes them feel unique.. but none of this brought to bear. The worse is in the alliance, where you have only same races show up for certain things, almost as if blizzard forgot Dwarves and night elves had priests (not just Draenei), or that humans really weren't the best with arcane magic, or the light with races like draenei and highborne night elves around.

Grrrr

gnomes arent seriously players
    /huehuehueheu wall of pants, health cargo too low

This topic is giving me flash backs of running around thedas on my qunari mage and no one giving a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    This topic is giving me flash backs of running around thedas on my qunari mage and no one giving a fuck
    Doing the Circle of Magi quest line as a blood mage in origins was peak realism in video games for me, help us dear blood mage to stop the blood mages!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    But you felt special, and proud to be Qunari did you not?

Gear, achievements and cool mounts make you feel special to other players, there's enough of that, and always will be, ..but if that's all there ist o it, there are elements that are lost to people that can be quite engaging and entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But you felt special, and proud to be Qunari did you not?

Gear, achievements and cool mounts make you feel special to other players, there's enough of that, and always will be, ..but if that's all there ist o it, there are elements that are lost to people that can be quite engaging and entertaining.
    Regardleess, your title is such a click bait.. i expected somehting much more profound.

When I saw this in the quest, it kinda flet really special to be a gnome. It had nothing to do with me always being the hero in the quest or anything like that.. being a gnome meant something relevant and important. Imo, wow really has lost that in it's races, they all feel bland after such good backstories, art assets and very different and individual charactirizations.. all ofor it to be thrown away in the story and quests to really count for nothing.

on each faction, it doesn't matter what race you, your just an alliance (likely human) person .. (especially weird when my 10k yearo ld night elf illidari discovers a highborne comb, and has to go to Ankoan to ask what it might be.. (I was like for real? I role play my demon hunter and mage night elves as highborne - and just makes me wonder.. if Swtor good have different voiced dialogues that changed not only with your class, but your gender and choices, surely creative team could at least sometimes write occasional quest texts that were appropriate -- I mean writing a quest texts is a lot less work and memory than a voice file....

But no, sadly they do not, so your character doesn't really feel special hardly ever for being a race. Same on the horde, you might as well be a random horde member, youridentity is just as either horde or alliance, or sometimes just an adventurer, racial identity is zero.. no one feels unique or diverse except for their artwork assets.

What a waste.. i't like level 1-20 is all you get (and this is skpped ify ou'r a allied race (although most allied races do actually have huge sprawling end game zones - Mag'har had an entire continent) but still you get me.

Will blizzard ever change this?

it's actually good to see the deniznes and races of the world come offa s important or special for what they are..rather than everyon equalised, everyone just literally nerfed and able to be and do everything everyone else does.
    Don't get me wrong, I expect he races will have some cross overs in capabilities and specialities, because of the lore and shared history.. like night elves nad blood elves definitely will, they're elves that come form night elves, humans and blood elves will , but each would have an individual flair.
    Good idea but I suppose Blizzard doesn't like making content for less than 50% of playerbase. That said, we deserve that for 12 euro per month.
    example, Night elf arcana is moon and star arcane magic focused, while blood elves is fire focus - even though they both have arcane magic. Night elf forestry is druidic and hunter beast loving focused, while blood elf forestry is ranger/tracker forest lover - can have similarities but a different version.
    From what I remember, the fire focus was from non-canon RPG. You have to keep in mind that it also states that the high elves, who share knowledge with blood elves, use mainly frost magic. I would say that blood elf pyromancer stereotype comes from Sunstrider and blood elven clothing. However, it is possible that blood elves used fire magic more often recently, as it is great against the undead. That said, different aesthetics for arcane magic in different races would be nice. I wonder how would Augari magic look like.
    Yet there are things blood elves have like the Light, that night elves have something else Elune (arcane/light/void wielding order of priests)
    I don't know whether Thalassian priests aren't also arcane users. They live in arcane sanctums and are said to harness the power of the Sunwell. Also, they were shown defying the Light many times.

Every race has some storng points others dont' have, and while some may share things iwht others, their type can often be very different than theother races..makes them feel unique.. but none of this brought to bear.
    Yes.
    The worse is in the alliance
    Horde has the same. Nowadays they even forget that blood elves aren't only paladins when they added Nightborne. Undead show up only to deploy blight. Goblins are only tinkers.
    where you have only same races show up for certain things, almost as if blizzard forgot Dwarves and night elves had priests (not just Draenei)
    Night elves are different kind of priest. Dwarves, however, are disgustingly forgotten by Blizzard to the point where they are only flight masters or drunk soldiers.
    or that humans really weren't the best with arcane magic
    Naturally yes, they are titanforged. Draenei, however have 25000+(but they felt like old society even at time of Velen's departure) years of arcane practise so they are superior to Highborne. Alas, Draenei can only be priests and paladins so humans have their spotlight.
    or the light with races like draenei and highborne night elves around.
    The Light is a bit better distributed than arcane.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    The Light is a bit better distributed than arcane.
    How do you mean?

How do you mean?
    It is given to both humans and Draenei. Although Draenei are only about Light, which is bad, humans also have many notable paladins and priests such as Turalyon, Tirion and Anduin.

That said, I'd like to see some other priests aswell.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.