Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Been stuck between hunter and paladin, had originally thought lock. I'll have limited play time and so wont be able to be in a hardcore raiding guild. Hunters do well in tier 1 so I'll be playing hunter. Dont feel like fighting over nodes so I'm gonna start with skinning and lw and just lvl it as I go for fun. I'll debate doing engineering later. I'll pvp some and maybe push as high as r10 depending on how hard it gets and how much time I can commit. Pve server so I can afk at a moment's notice. My farming char as well.

I'll play a pally alt later. Level up as ret, prob go mining engineering. Gonna heal at 60 but prob be something like 20/0/31 and fuck around in pvp doing ret stuff. Ideal would be to get t2 and respec 31/20/0 but I dont really see if happening.

Gonna roll a frost mage, take a casual, nostalgic stroll through the starter zones, and then jump face first into contested zones and attack every enemy player I see on sight all the way to 60. Oh, and do some BGs at the higher levels of each bracket. In this way, I hope to restore my pvp skills and reflexes to that which they once were (in ages past) by level 60. And then? Start some wars.

Few things in any other video game can compare to massive, open-world pvp battles with dozens and dozens of players on each side. I like raid bosses as much as the next guy, but playing against real intelligence beats playing against artificial intelligence every day of the week (except raid night, but only because of phat lewt). Look for me at level 60 - I'll be in your base, killing your dudes. Get mad. Then come get even - you and your dudes vs me and my dudes. It will be fun. We'll all fight til our rez timers are too long, then log off and do it again tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    First character will be a gnome mage. I'm gonna take my time and explore every corner of the world (except the corners the Horde controls; no sense rushing headfirst into certain death). Tailoring and either Mining or Enchanting for professions. My plan is to make money off bags and Mooncloth cooldowns once I've got four Mooncloth bags in my bag bar (once a week I'll use my cooldown to make another bag to auction) and either ores/stones, or high-level enchants like Crusader. Also, while farming cloth, I'll be selling vendor trash to buy any leather and thread I need for a given bag (the main plan is to mass-produce silk and mageweave bags, possibly runecloth once I get a good stockpile/after getting all my Alliance reps up). If private server markets are any indication, I'll be able to buy my mount training and mounts just off bag sales alone.

First Horde character will either be a troll shaman, or a troll hunter. No real plan here, just pick a direction and start adventuring.

Main Alliance alt will be a dwarf hunter, with a similar philosophy as the Horde alt but with the added bonus of my mage feeding her gold, potions, and bags.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm either going to play Ret to 60, give up entirely, or switch to Holy. I am a ret at heart, as well as a masochist.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing the same thing I originally did. Dwarf warrior, blacksmith/mining, same name and everything if the name is available. I'm undecided on armorsmith vs weaponsmith spec (think I went armorsmith the first time).

I'm planning to play fury this time instead of tanking. I'll probably keep a shield on me and suck it up and tank a few dungeons as needed when I level, but my goal is to get all my pre-raid BiS fury gear and have some fun with that. Although I won't be in a hurry to reach 60. My guildies are probably going to leave me behind pretty quickly.

The only other thing I'll do different is maybe some different hair/beard/face options at character creation. It sucks that there's no barber shop in Classic. :|

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I don't have any plans, why should I? I am just gonna play it and have fun... all this planning sounds super boring on itself and I am sure that people who plan ahead will get bored first of the game.

And yeah I am not competing against anyone
    People who truly love the game, and can't wait for it to come out like myself try to dull our hype by planning and researching. it's honestly just hard not to. so I doubt they will be the first to get bored of the game, as most of us have played it on private servers etc for many many years, and we're still insanely excited for classic launch! Wish you could share our excitement!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm doing the same thing I originally did. Dwarf warrior, blacksmith/mining, same name and everything if the name is available. I'm undecided on armorsmith vs weaponsmith spec (think I went armorsmith the first time).

I'm planning to play fury this time instead of tanking. I'll probably keep a shield on me and suck it up and tank a few dungeons as needed when I level, but my goal is to get all my pre-raid BiS fury gear and have some fun with that. Although I won't be in a hurry to reach 60. My guildies are probably going to leave me behind pretty quickly.

The only other thing I'll do different is maybe some different hair/beard/face options at character creation. It sucks that there's no barber shop in Classic. :|
    as it looks right now from the classic beta, tanking with full DPS gear while levelling is actually preferred compared to Sword&Board. so thats nice for you I guess! the mobs don't hit very hard and 2 handers will generate more threat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cloning my main, Undead Mage. PvE, tailoring/enchanting. I plan on doing all quests and dungeons (some more than others, fu Mauradon), leveling professions as I go, hunting down patterns and formulae as I go, etc. The slow journey for me, for sure.

I gave a lot of thought to doing a different class, like warrior or rogue; even though I'll roll on PvE, I enjoy world pvp occasionally, and that's more fun as a rogue. Warriors are just, you know, badass, and plate looks great.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I never played Vanilla.

Gonna main a Warrior since it was my first main.
    Will play with my current guild and friends.

Gonna experience it, really enjoy it. Always wanted to know how the raids were, mechanic wise.

Can’t wait to actually explore the world, I pretty much started in MoP. Only level’d to 60ish in Cata and did some trial in Wotlk, so I’ve been spoiled with flying.

Anyway!! It will be fun! Gonna be a Tauren Warrior

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    as it looks right now from the classic beta, tanking with full DPS gear while levelling is actually preferred compared to Sword&Board. so thats nice for you I guess! the mobs don't hit very hard and 2 handers will generate more threat.
    Yeah, iirc, you could get away with a lot of stuff as a dungeon tank in Classic (as far as gear/spec went) as long as you and your group were reasonably competent. Like I said, I'll probably tank some dungeons as I level, but I doubt I'll be speccing prot at any point.

My Classic journey begins on 13th of August.
    There I will get in contact with guildies still active in retail, ppl from irl, and the account of my gf that is inactive and will be inactive till late October cause she is over the neck working a seasonal profession.
    We will all create toons same day same time same server in hope we will end up in the same layer of the server we will chose (that part sucks if we fail) and we will have holidays waiting for the "D" day!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only things I have planned are my professions, race and class.

I'm going to be an undead mage, since I played an undead warlock way back in the day.
    Going Tailoring/Engineering since I did Herbalism/Enchanting on my warlock back in the day.
    Basically a similar, but different experience.

But to be fair, I'm still a touch undecided on class, I did really enjoy my warlock in Vanilla.
    Though I think the quality of life that a mage has will in of itself be very refreshing.

Not making a Plan past a Gnome Warlock with Tailoring/ Enchanting. The rest will just happen as we go, I am a bit torn between Lock and Pally and hope to get everything sorted before launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I plan to go tauren shaman, get tailoring and enchanting and go restoration while leveling since then I can heal dungeons when I level.
    Apart from that I haven't planned much ahead.

I'm not going to have a ton of time to play this fall so my main concern in terms of planning is to reserve the names I want ASAP and then I'll slowly level a couple of characters. I'll probably play my undead priest (main, just like my original main in 2006) with my one friend who will be playing, and an alliance paladin solo for fun (never played alliance in vanilla other than a nelf rogue to 5 or so on a friend's account before I got my own). I'm looking forward to doing some casual dungeoning/raiding at max level down the road, but I just don't care enough or have the time to be hardcore this time around, just gonna enjoy the journey.

I'm probably going to do gathering profs while leveling on my two main characters and then enchanting at max level but just to disenchant dungeon mats for gold. I'm only really concerned about having gold for mounts and probably a few boes. I won't be farming or anything since I don't have time for that shit these days. Might buy gold or some runthroughs at max.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    Pretend my Human main has travelled through a magic worm hole, because wormhole generator accident or something, from BFA into a multi-verse Azeroth which looks a lot like it did prior to the Dark Portal opening to Outland, before then, and my level has been squished down to level 1 and I've got to relearn my abilities, spells, professions in this familiar but alien new Azeroth. But otherwise I'm in one piece. Just about.
    I love this! Will hopefully try to RP as well, but now I need to come up with a backstory too

I've spent more time than I should admit to thinking about this topic....

Thus far my plan is such:

Undead Lock (Main or primary alt) (Tailor/DISenchant leveling) (Tailor/Gnomish Engi at cap)
    Undead Rogue (primary alt or main) (DIS-enchanting/Skinning leveling) (Mining/Goblin Engi at cap)
    Orc Enhance Shaman (secondary/ pvp alt) (DE/Skinning leveling) (Enchanting/ Gnomish at cap)
    Undead Shadow Priest (lvl 35 profession bot) (Alchemy) (+Engi if ever capped)
    Undead Mage (level 35 profession bot) (Alchemy) (+engi if ever capped)

Leveling plan right now is focus main first night and log early (like 10pm) to sleep...

Wake up early (5-6am) and grind remaining toons to lvl 6/the inn before going to work when the starting zone is hopefully relatively clear (I work 11-6 with no lunch instead of 9-5 with one)

After work I'll be on the main, because the starter zones are all gonna be nuts and I want to be ahead of the pack on the main.

Beyond that, the Lock/Rogue/Enhance will more or less get an even split of time until ~30-45 or so (with the lock playing at night and the other two playing mornings until they too sufficiently pass ahead of the pack).....In part because I'll want the cloth from all 3 to help boost tailoring on the lock (which in turn is how I'm getting bags for the others), but mostly because I want to maximize the amount of time I'm leveling them all on /rested xp and it's FAR too easy to burn through rested quickly on a single toon at sub 30 levels... At least later on it takes a BIT of effort.

The remaining two characters, as profession bots, will be leveled EXCLUSIVELY on rested XP only.

I expect the main to cap within 3 weeks, the two alts both capped and raid ready by the end of the 2nd month. I also aim to have epic mounts on all 3 (including the lock), professions capped, and gold for the lock quest mount within 2 more weeks of capping the trio. I plan on raiding all 3 toons through MC tier, if I can swing that scheduling wise (I'll basically be playing like a madman through phase 1-2).... When BWL/BGs come out, I plan on retiring 2 of the characters from PvE (likely rogue and shaman) and pushing ~rank 10 with them for armor to match their MC weapons (which hopefully I actually got during that time period). If the honor caps are for some reason low enough that 14 is actually looking possible, then I might try for that on the shaman as well.... The main will also do pvp, but it will be more casual since it's still raiding and getting fed pve gear from higher than MC tier.

Long term raiding, I will raid one toon through naxx, almost assuredly warlock, though I might be persuaded to play Rogue as a pve main because I want to see what I could do to people with a Kingsfall dagger and real gear.... Shaman I would consider trying to raid AQ40 on, but who the hell is going to want an enhance shaman in raid pve? Healing MC in pre-raid bis to get my hands on a Sulfuras, and then grinding out rank 10 is probably that toon's absolute best case scenario.

Very interesting!

Human rogue directly towards teldrassl so i could be around exalted at lvl 40 with darnussus for the sweet sweet saber mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf Hunter with mining and Engineering, as well as second proffs, gonna get through that horrible 1 - 10 leveling but once I get my pet it's just us and the open road. I'll go where the world takes me.

After that planning on PVP. Not sure how far I'd get My mage in vanilla made it to Knight Captain so there a test

Also wanna see if I can keep my professions up to date while leveling just to keep up to date
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance