Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Realm, 2d MMORPG with little m for the massive. It was and still is one of the most unique MMORPGs (not that I play it anymore).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    The Realm, 2d MMORPG with little m for the massive. It was and still is one of the most unique MMORPGs (not that I play it anymore).
    Was literally going to post this. I played the Realm pretty obsessively until EQ came out. I kept playing post-EQ, but mostly just to hang out in town and chat with people. It still exists too! After several ownership changes, it was sold to a company that was running a private server. I played briefly last year for the sake of nostalgia shortly before it became official and was surprised to see a ton of familiar names (surprising both in that I remembered them after 20 years and that they were still around). I still have a fuckton of screenshots and all the files from my old guild's website too; I was the webmaster.

But yeah, one of the first MMOs that actually had graphics I think.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Submarine Titans.

While not the same AquaNox was at the a time a fun itch for my love for Submarine Titans while in an FPS form.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto is a weird game that I think not a single soul I've met IRL has played. It was fun, but very weird.
    Played the demo. I remember it being odd but fun. Also FilePlanet is still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Till the ps1 mini or w/e came out I had met single digits worth of people who has heard of this game.

Played the demo! Could have been the full game, but i really doubt i ever owned that.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Ahh, nostalgic memories of COMBAT CLOUDS and king kilrogs. And grinding to level 150 by making potions (before the resulting character wipe and crafting overhaul).

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Played it. Great Game!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    I don't think nobody else has played it but I think very few has: Cultures. I've never met anyone who knew the game when I mention it xD
    Played it. Great Game!

- - - Updated - - -

I've played 90% of these games... hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Anvil of Dawn on PC
    I played that. I started as full caster but soon realized that there is barely any manareggen outside of potions. Luckily there is a cheap tactic that trivialize most melee encounters.

Only those poison mobs in the tree were annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Maybe this?
    [IMG]https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/spinjam_2443.jpg[IMG]
    It was one of the only games we had when we first got our PS2, which was our first console. We didn't have very many games overall even years later either. I dunno that no one else has played that, but it apparently flopped, and I can't see why anyone would have cared to play it except someone like me with no other games to play =P
    the characters look like a deviantartist's youtube avatar. hmmm, but also... that carbot animations? if that's what it's called, does sc2 and wow animations?

alien vs. predator: extinction. i doubt i'm the only one that ever played it, but i don't remember it ever being talked about really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfbL5NYKs0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty easy since I mostly played and collected obscure games for my Saturn and PSX back in the late 90s.

I owned every single US and EU Neo Geo Pocket Color game too.

I regret selling most of those

Edit: I left a special one out:
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-07-18 at 04:49 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post

Grandia II , Massively underrated and not nearly as popular as it deserved to be.
    I don't know about that. Literally everyone I know who plays JRPG's has played Grandia 2.

another 2 I remember playing a lot of.

Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-07-18 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleemin View Post
    Well, you're wrong mate, because I was about to say Drakan as well . Drakan: The order of the flame was my answer.
    There are two actually.

Drakan order of the flame was thw first game for PC, Drakan AG was the sequel for console.

I only played OotF and it way great
    The game i went to buy my first Vodoo 3D card for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Alot of "indie" amiga 500 games.
    Like what?

(I also had an amiga)
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Vexx on xbox.

O.D.T on PS1
    Vex was originally a 3DO game.

I’m going to go really obscure. Tunnels of Doom TI-99/4A.

Last edited by Misuteri; 2019-07-18 at 05:02 AM.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

EGG.

Dreamcast RPG. My brother and I were obsessed with the damn game back in the day, but it seems to be so obscure that the wikipedia page hasn't even bothered to cite any reviews for the typical "critical reception" segment. It's missing entirely. I honestly don't even remember anything about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that. Literally everyone I know who plays JRPG's has played Grandia 2.
    I'm gonna second this guy. Grandia 2 was a pretty big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Pretty easy since I mostly played and collected obscure games for my Saturn and PSX back in the late 90s.
    Yo, is that the same Rayearth game that was released on the SNES, or is it completely different? Rayearth was my first anime.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Vex was originally a 3DO game.
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of a different game?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I played that from day 1 for about 4-5 months. That was when very many people left because there was totally nothing to do. The developpers had not anticipated how fast the players would level up and from lvl 40 upward there was nothing. No mobs, no quests.
    I actually liked it very much. The UI was so cool to move everything around and hide it behind the frames. Playing so many professions that you were able to build your own house. The music was nice too.

As far as I know, the game changed owner a few times. And it's still online: https://www.istaria.com/
    I don't remember what lvl I made it too but I remember making it to an Adult Dragon. Ancient wasn't around yet and yea I do remember not doing much at high level. But the main reason I quit was the insane amount of loading time when flying in to an area, literally like 1-2 mins. I was also online when they were breaking the world down to merge servers, was kind of weird seeing pixels and polygons just slowly disappearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had bit over 360 games on amiga. Got all those classics like Cannonfodder, twianna sisters, worms, chaos engine, shadow of the beast and so on. One of my favorites was moon and alcatraz. But I had alot also puplic domain/shareware/indie games. I can't remember names but one of the weirdest was finnish text adventure game that had pixelart pictures and at one point you had to chose how to fight against enemy. One of the choises were to shit on carrot and slam it into enemys ear if I remember correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently played through Jurassic Park: Trespasser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of a different game?
    Also, I think he meant Gex, lol
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!