Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Virtually every game I owned on my Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 would have been obscure enough simply because most of the users on this site aren't old enough to remember those systems.
    You are not the only old person here, dude

Boulder Dash was pretty dank back in the day (all 10 or so versions of it).

Someone mentioned Space Rangers. Played the shit out of both 1 and 2.

But how about Space Cadet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    That's a classic. I ACTUALLY have it installed on my PC at home right now. DosBox ftw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    I had bit over 360 games on amiga. Got all those classics like Cannonfodder, twianna sisters, worms, chaos engine, shadow of the beast and so on. One of my favorites was moon and alcatraz. But I had alot also puplic domain/shareware/indie games. I can't remember names but one of the weirdest was finnish text adventure game that had pixelart pictures and at one point you had to chose how to fight against enemy. One of the choises were to shit on carrot and slam it into enemys ear if I remember correctly
    OK, I have to find that text adventure game now. Was it in english or finnish?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord on the Sega master System.

I'm sure there were tons of games on the 3DO, Neo Geo, and Jaguar that most people never heard of. Syndicate comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Beachhead, Archon II, Paradroid.
    Raid over Moscow, Moposota (!), Steel Panthers
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Fusion Frenzy on Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Fusion Frenzy on Xbox.
    fusion frenzy was on the demo that came with the original xbox

everyone knows fusion frenzy via that demo

10+ Year Old Account
    Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. I know of very few who played it and they found it mediocre. I loved it.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. I got it recommended to me, otherwise I would not have known it existed. Not a bad game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Soleil / Crusader of Centy for the Sega Mega Drive.

Zelda with animal companions that give you special abilities. Very enjoyable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Soleil / Crusader of Centy for the Sega Mega Drive.

Zelda with animal companions that give you special abilities. Very enjoyable game.
    wow that actually looks really good i might have to try it lol

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Raid over Moscow, Moposota (!), Steel Panthers
    Lol raid over Moscow, i never really figured out how to open the hangar door, sometimes it just opened after i hit random keys but i could never replicate it. Ok i admit it wasn't exactly a legal copy.
    It's funny if you think about it, that was before the internet. If you didn't know it and your friends didn't know it, that was pretty much all you could do. Hard to believe today.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2019-07-18 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord on the Sega master System.
    My very first RPG. I remember playing this with my dad when I was super young.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I remembered some more.

The Unholy War for PS1, it was bit like DOA and Street Fighter in that you could select multiple characters in your party but then fight in a big 3D arena using attacks assigned to three buttons.

Ape Escape, title is kinda self explanatory.

EDEN for PS2, it reminds of FEAR a lot when I think of it nowadays but it wasn't nearly as horror based as that. You command a squad with members who fulfill different roles and have different load outs and that is about all I recall doing it in apart from messing about in co-op on it.

Folklore for PS3.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    https://www.gog.com/game/jazz_jackrabbit_collection

The platformer that never made it. Ok, *someone*, if not a lot of people must have played this one. Never heard anyone talk about it though. Was never as good as earthworm jim but I remember playing it a lot. I think it was the "holiday hare" missions I had my hands on. I tried to play it a while back and it was waaaay too fast. How did I manage?
    Oh god. I played Episode 1 of Jazz Jackrabbit so many times it's not even fun(never got the future episodes)

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lego Island: Xtreme Stunts
    The Phoenix animal unlock can go screw itself! Kinda sad to see how Lego Island went from this "Go around and explore with a few minigames" into an "go around different islands and explore because Lego Island is barren AF in this game and play tons of minigames" into "Explore an even larger Lego Island with absolutely NOTHING to do and nothing of interest on the island, and have a handful of minigames, now with multiple difficulties."

10+ Year Old Account
    Mischief Makers for N64 is probably the more unknown.. At least to me, I barely see it anymore. I still kinda sucked at it though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Last edited by Laerrus; 2019-07-18 at 10:42 PM.

wow, Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 haven't heard those name in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    The Phoenix animal unlock can go screw itself! Kinda sad to see how Lego Island went from this "Go around and explore with a few minigames" into an "go around different islands and explore because Lego Island is barren AF in this game and play tons of minigames" into "Explore an even larger Lego Island with absolutely NOTHING to do and nothing of interest on the island, and have a handful of minigames, now with multiple difficulties."
    The original did have more content but Xtreme Stunts stuck with me due to the presentation. The slick movement of the camera makes the world feel huge, the voice acting was surprisingly good given the time period in which it released and it was fun to drive the vehicle around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duke nukem mod:

Anticefur 3D

Probaly some1 played this:

Z-steel soldiers

Also this is old gem:

Redneck Rampage

Also GUNMAN was great half life clone for its time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kah-SWSyUY

KKND2: Krossfire. One of my favorite old school RTS campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My very first RPG. I remember playing this with my dad when I was super young.
    I loved that game. I remember that it had a system that tracked your honor, and if you attacked the wrong people, it counted against you (mainly merchants).