Page 1 of 3
LastLast

US Government seizes rosaries from migrants

I am not religious but this angers and horrifies me.
    https://www.americamagazine.org/arts...mexican-border

https://www.insider.com/story-behind...-border-2018-6

I believe in border security but this reminds me of Nazi and Soviet plunder.

Trumpism is not conservatism! It is thievery!

What should be the punishment for Trump supporters and people who worked for him?

Just saying, a garrote can be camouflaged as a rosary. And a sturdy enough rosary can be used as an improvised garrote as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the photo is from 2015, so...

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-10-...igrant-journey

From the article:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    https://www.americamagazine.org/arts...mexican-border

https://www.insider.com/story-behind...-border-2018-6

[IMG]https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b333d657708e937e64443f9-750-718.jpg[IMG]
    People lost some meaningless trinkets. whoop-de-doo

What should be the punishment for Trump supporters and people who worked for him?
    lol, what's the punishment for somebody who supported Hillary?

Considering the photo was taken from an article written in the Obama administration, detailing a janitor who collected hundreds of tchotchkes across a career spanning many years, what does this have to do with Trump exactly? I mean, beyond the Orange Man Bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    People lost some meaningless trinkets. whoop-de-doo

lol, what's the punishment for somebody who supported Hillary?
    Meaningless to you, not meaningless to them, not meaningless.

You are not the grand arbitrator of import, you are just some edgy asshole berniebro.

I can understand them doing this... they look like little blunt swords!

Quote Originally Posted by coinfalp View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that you might be an insane person?
    No, 1-post alt account, why would I?

Because small beads of plastic are not an effective garrote, even if you were trying to strangle a rodent.

In other news, confiscating ball-in-a-cup from Mexican children cannot be justified on the grounds that it can be turned into a nunchuck.

Btw Have you considered taking Trump's advice and going back to where you came from?
    First off, the picture OP used is from a 2015 article. Now I know Orange Man is the antichrist, but his temporal powers aren't active.

Yet.

Second off, I am an immigrant, ironically. So you're basically Trump saying that to Ilhan Omar. You bigot.

I was merely pointing out in any detention system, a rosary can be viewed as a dangerous object. I wasn't weighing in on the current issues because this picture and article have nothing to do with that. As I said, they're from 2015.

I believe in border security but this reminds me of Nazi and Soviet plunder.

Trumpism is not conservatism! It is thievery!

He worked as a janitor and saved these from the trash over several years of his career(2007 - 2014) and for that I wouldn't call it "thievery", but he resigned in 2014, so what exactly does this have to do with Trump?
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2019-07-17 at 08:43 AM.

I did not state that the picture was not from 2015, you are having a conversation with the voices in your head.

I suggest if you are such a big fan of Trump that you follow his advice and go back to your own broken shithole of a country, because everyone is fucking tired of listening to self-hating immigrants try and buy credibility in their host country by being vaguely racist. It doesn't work-it makes liberals hate you and won't win you any sympathy on the right either. And it is so pathetic to listen to.
    Again, I've said nothing hateful at all. I just pointed out anything long and ropey, like a rosary, can be used as a garrote, depending on the material. Inmates, for example, can only have certain types of religious medallions. Less than 2-inches, if I recall.

OP mentioned Trump in an article and photo that had fuck-all to do with Trump, so I was calling him out on it when you hopped on your ban-evading account and went on the attack.

I did not state that the picture was not from 2015, you are having a conversation with the voices in your head.

I suggest if you are such a big fan of Trump that you follow his advice and go back to your own broken shithole of a country, because everyone is fucking tired of listening to self-hating immigrants try and buy credibility in their host country by being vaguely racist. It doesn't work-it makes liberals hate you and won't win you any sympathy on the right either. And it is so pathetic to listen to.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's all come together and agree that most if not all US presidents are actually cunts! Hands across the divide, peace and harmony....
    When people start being honest with themselves and stop attributing every bad thing that has been going on for generations in this country to one man, then, maybe we can actually get somewhere. But, no people would rather bicker about meaningless shit rather than doing the work and enacting some real policy change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are rosary beads a common weapon? Probably not. Would all rosary beads make a good weapon? I doubt it.

Don't worry about things that can be looped around someone's neck? Well, maybe there is room to worry.

The man accused of attacking two nuns on a bike path used the rosary beads they wore around their necks to control them while he raped them both and left one dead, the district attorney said yesterday.

An autopsy done Monday showed that Sister Helen Lynn Chaska, 53, an orthodox Catholic nun from Bellevue, died from ligature strangulation with her rosary beads, Klamath County District Attorney Ed Caleb said.
    Being nuns, those were probably ordinary rosary beads. Keep in mind that not everyone is a nun and it doesn't take much imagination to restring beads on something strong enough to make it a more practical weapon.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Considering the photo was taken from an article written in the Obama administration, detailing a janitor who collected hundreds of tchotchkes across a career spanning many years, what does this have to do with Trump exactly? I mean, beyond the Orange Man Bad stuff.
    Its "Trump puts children in cages photo" all over again.

If they were seized for security reasons I see nothing wrong with this.

Those rosaries and rosaries in general are clearly made from cheap plastic, you are being fucking ridiculous. Just drop it.

And no you didn't say anything overly hateful, that isn't how most racists operate. They focus on key issues like immigration and national identity so that their racism isn't obvious unless you look at the broader correlation between their comments and touchstone issues beloved of racists. Self-hating immigrants pick up on this approach in a pathetic attempt to buy acceptance by disassociating themselves from other immigrants.
    You keep tilting at windmills there, Don Quixote. Maybe you'll get that giant.

Next time come at me with your main account, coward.

Those rosaries and rosaries in general are clearly made from cheap plastic, you are being fucking ridiculous. Just drop it.

And no you didn't say anything overly hateful, that isn't how most racists operate. They focus on key issues like immigration and national identity so that their racism isn't obvious unless you look at the broader correlation between their comments and touchstone issues beloved of racists. Self-hating immigrants pick up on this approach in a pathetic attempt to buy acceptance by disassociating themselves from other immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't. I happily acknowledge all American presidents are cunts! As are their partisan supporters (like you).
    One man as in the President of the United States, in general, and not just the current one sitting in office....

Yuh-guy-with-totally-not-racist-symbol-that-totally-isn't-a-racist-symbol-how-can-you-say-that's-a-racist-symbol-YOUR-the-real-racists, I'm sure those rosaries are lethal weapons! Confisicate all the toilet roll as well! Those sneaky Mexican children could make some kind of improvized papier-mache tank!

Image waves of Mexican children invading Washington on papier mache tanks firing Grenade Launchers made out of their own snot! Where would you be then, you goddamn commieliberals!
    Hey there, sarahtasher

It is thievery!
    From the article;

The items were kept for 30 days, giving migrants the chance to retrieve them once they were released or deported, and then they were thrown out. (The Southwest Border Branch Chief at the Customs and Border Protection office provided a statement to America regarding personal property, which said, “All personal property is itemized and stored for the individual until their release or transfer from CBP custody. When individual leaves our custody—we return their property to them.”)

So, they didn't pick them up or want them back?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-07-17 at 09:28 AM.

Yuh-guy-with-totally-not-racist-symbol-that-totally-isn't-a-racist-symbol-how-can-you-say-that's-a-racist-symbol-YOUR-the-real-racists, I'm sure those rosaries are lethal weapons! Confisicate all the toilet roll as well! Those sneaky Mexican children could make some kind of improvized papier-mache tank!

Image waves of Mexican children invading Washington on papier mache tanks firing Grenade Launchers made out of their own snot! Where would you be then, you goddamn commieliberals!
    Who is your main account ?

Based on the barely legible ranting, it a got to be either sarahtasher or arandomuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Based on the barely legible ranting, it a got to be either sarahtasher or arandomuser.
    Yeah I think you are right and its sarah. It almost made normal sentences at start tho.