Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    I feel you. Benthic tuning is off. I think it'd be fine if they were close to equal to mythic when you roll a good piece with a socket, because it takes a lot of dedication, but that's about it.

You should hold on to that 455 piece though. There's a good chance that a nerf is in the pipeline. Tbh, I'm surprised that there wasn't one yesterday.
    There wasn't because it would be infuriating. The milk has spilled already and many people have invested hours into getting these socketed pieces. And they tuned Mythic EP with benthic in mind. Any nerf if it's coming it's going to be after World First Race.
    S.H.

No nerfs to Benthic gear? Ion's guild must not have pressured him to farm Benthic gear yet then.

To all of you defending this Benthic trash: tell me what's the point of running the Eternal Palace if all gear that comes from it with the exception of weapons and one or two Azerite pieces is worse than what I can buy with manapearls and residuum? How the fuck is looking at the loot tables of almost every boss in the raid on the hardest difficulty and thinking "yeah all of this gear is trash" supposed to be good game design?

If it was not for tf and socket bullshit benthic would not be a problem. even with the text effects they had. remove this tf bullshit. back in bc it was nice to have 2-3 sockets etc. even if we put all main stat etc, there was still room for option.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    To all of you defending this Benthic trash: tell me what's the point of running the Eternal Palace if all gear that comes from it with the exception of weapons and one or two Azerite pieces is worse than what I can buy with manapearls and residuum?
    because there is more to the game than nazjatar and eternal palace right now, and there will be more to it in 8.3.

there are a total of like 4 slots where you can get an effect that sims higher through-put than a higher ilevel in the same slot without the effect, and those only count in 1 outdoor zone and 1 raid.
    mechagon, both the zone and the dungeon, and M+, and islands, and warfronts, all PVP, and dailies in the 7 other zones of the expansion, etc etc - for all these activities, eternal palace gear is better, at least if you're doing heroic and are getting 430 vs. the grindfest of getting all your benthic to 425.
    also: weapons, trinkets, azerite slots, rings vs. boots, wrist, waist, and hands? those are the only benthic slots with direct throughput so the only ones that make a practical difference.

How the fuck is looking at the loot tables of almost every boss in the raid on the hardest difficulty and thinking "yeah all of this gear is trash" supposed to be good game design?
    it isn't game design at all, because looking at the loot tables of almost every boss in the raid on the hardest difficulty and thinking "yeah all this gear is trash" is fucking retarded and nobody with two functioning neurons and a piece of lint to rub together would be doing that under any set of reasonable circumstances.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2019-07-18 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know that you start at 455ilvl and progressively lose items when you do content. Oh, you have your own definition of "backwards"? Should've figured it out.

Also we moved back from "PvP should reward the best gear for PvP" paradigm.

Highest ilvl items are still obtained through raiding, benthic gear is just 2-4 pieces tops, and only in case if you wish to dump a lot of pearls and time into it, which in the end results in... 3% DPS advantage over M+ stuff? Good i guess, i'd suggest to just reroll your class to FotM if you care that much about this little DPS increase, while screwing over your PvP and M+ performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    so people are really farming pearls so much that they have been able to buy 100+ pieces of gear already just to try to get a socket?
    I've been told by one person here that you have to spend half an hour per day on each of your alts to farm pearls, to buy tokens, to send to your main, to gamble for BiS passive effect with a socket, then spend your 400-800 pearls on upgrading your 2-4 pieces so you'll be a bit more effective in a raid. Definitely what literally anyone would do if they had a bit of sense! /s

Personally i'm at 25 bracer / 30 boots tokens and sTiL nO bIs BrAcEr. Seriously, fuck this shit, it's not worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Must suck if all you do in WoW is raiding... Benthic gear is worthless in all types of content except the new raid.

Heroic and mythic raiding still gives the best gear currently. It is not Blizzards fault of you only touch LFR and NHC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And what is the end, pray tell? (Serious question)
    Playing the game. Whether to you that's group coop like raiding, PvP of any or all varieties, crafting, playing the auction house, just questing, collecting, all of the above.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Didn't know that you start at 455ilvl and progressively lose items when you do content. Oh, you have your own definition of "backwards"? Should've figured it out.

Also we moved back from "PvP should reward the best gear for PvP" paradigm.

Highest ilvl items are still obtained through raiding, benthic gear is just 2-4 pieces tops, and only in case if you wish to dump a lot of pearls and time into it, which in the end results in... 3% DPS advantage over M+ stuff? Good i guess, i'd suggest to just reroll your class to FotM if you care that much about this little DPS increase, while screwing over your PvP and M+ performance.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been told by one person here that you have to spend half an hour per day on each of your alts to farm pearls, to buy tokens, to send to your main, to gamble for BiS passive effect with a socket, then spend your 400-800 pearls on upgrading your 2-4 pieces so you'll be a bit more effective in a raid. Definitely what literally anyone would do if they had a bit of sense! /s

Personally i'm at 25 bracer / 30 boots tokens and sTiL nO bIs BrAcEr. Seriously, fuck this shit, it's not worth it
    A lot of very clever and deliberate downplaying of the situation with word usage. Examples Bolded. this is a prime example of how disingenuous people can be on this forum. You ignore normal and heroic raiding, just sweep those under the rug. You ignore that many 425 items WITHOUT a socket are better than 445 and 455 gear. you say 3% increase, when certain specs have 4 items simming 8-10% higher all up. not 3%. for some specs / items, its 3% PER ITEM.

You conveniently "quote" the forum user whos comment fits your argument, but ignore the ones who had full gem slots within 24 hours, and bis on day 2.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-07-18 at 05:23 AM.

There is already an open thread on this topic here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-than-455-gear

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis