• Week 2

5 16.13%
  • Week 3

0 0%
  • Week 4

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How long until classic has surpassed retail?

How long do you Think it Will take?

5+ Year Old Account
    So Classic will definitely surpass retail in a month. I'm glad you are not biased or anything.

On release, the first month, then it will g to oblivion, only the jobless ones will play it.

Classic will be the hot thing for a month or two but then people will finally have their rose tinted glasses off and see why things have changed over time.

2 weeks, then nostalgia wears off and it will go downhill, leaving only hardcore classic fans playing on classic ( pretty much like wow private servers before classic )

The chance of retail's survival is about 32.3333 (repeating of course) days.

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    There are only ~250k registered players (actually less since most people probably reserved more than one name). So as of now, it wont ever pass retail.

Sometime around November 2004.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Think i will stick with it, there is nothing in retail making me want to play.

I do hope they make a BC server down the road though if classic is popular enough.

But i could see it take over retail within a month, now if it stays that for long i dunno probably not.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Asking a wrong question here.

It's foolish to deny that it'll be popular, it's for how loing.

Classic is dead in 4 weeks then when phase 2 comes it will go up again. There will be empty server after 2nd week when people realize it's gonna take weeks to reach 60 then get epic mount which require lots of farming.

So many don't understand classic it was all about community thats why so many of us think vanilla is awesome but when it comes to gameplay it super slow and so easy mechanics are trivial. And yes i was 1 of the lucky ones who did naxx only 3 wings though never got enough geard tanks for 4horsies.

That's pretty naive to think. Classic will be popular during the launch, nobody is deyning that, definitely more popular than "retail" as you call it. But I honestly doubt that most people will stay on Classic, most will come back. There will be a loyal community for Classic but it's foolish to think that the community of Classic will grow instead.

Some people might come back to classic for the upcoming phases, but not nearly as many as Day 1 players.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    There are only ~250k registered players (actually less since most people probably reserved more than one name). So as of now, it wont ever pass retail.
    While I think classic won't surpass retail (even though I personally prefer classic), I also think there are a lot of people who are waiting until release to subscribe.

It wont, its just going to cater to a niche crowd, hype will die down, the guys who went to "check it out" will be back. Will only be played by so many, but again they both are 1 sub, so not like it really matters.

Where's the option for "never"? Because that's the reality.

Never is the only correct answer.

You could as well ask when dune 2 will surpass starcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    where is the "never" option? I expect there will be a hype then it dies..

Classic will surpass retail when the so called great Classic community won't be filled with obnoxious retards creating delusional threads every day on General forum about how Classic will overtake retail (only based on wishful thinking).

So, never.

Where is "never" option?