Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    1. Again you're the one who is wrong. Preach didn't build his career on what you accuse him of doing. It would help yourself if you stopped talking about things you don't know. Preach always says when he finds something is good and never stopped himself from complimenting was is well done.

2. AAGAAAAAAAAAAAIN completely fucking wrong. Content is not casual or hardcore, because by DEFINITION used in the video game industry where I work, casual means a player that plays only a few hours or less per day, he can do ANY CONTENT HE WANTS he just doesn't play a lot. "Casual" does not describe content, it describes players. You can design content targeted mostly at casual gamers but that doesn't mean the content becomes "casual" doesn't mean hardcore player won't be able to play this content in a hardcore way either. Before you reply to this it is extremely important that you understand that if you use the word "casual" differently or heard it used differently by a lot of people IT DOES NOT MATTER, this does not change the real definition of the word and where it was first used, it only means that the people using it differently are WRONG. None of this paragraph is an opinion, all of this are facts that you need to learn, you're also free to stay wrong, changes nothing in my day and it cannot change my stance as I believe in facts, not in the alteration of them through your perspective.

All I got from your posts is you barely watched any of his content, cherry picked the ones that had the most negative title and made a very vague generalization of what he says, AT BEST.
    Pretty much every negative point he brings up comes with details as to why he thinks it's bad, that's exactly what constructive criticism is, that's almost ALL he does, how could you miss the core of his content? Like wtf.
    1. Sure. You might not see it because you're a fan of his content, but he made his bones being overly critical of WoW and not in a constructive way. That's why Blizzard excludes him and certain other personalities from the community, but works with other personalities that are equally qualified and provide their criticism in a more civil and constructed manner. If you're not even going to acknowledge the simple fact that they work with other people that are critical of their games we can't have a discussion on it. The difference between those personalities and Preach is that Preach's criticism isn't constructive. His feedback isn't nearly as useful as he and his fans think it is. Great he likes the occasional thing, wonderful. Oh look he thinks these 12 other things are shit and he's going to list off why he personally thinks they're shit, and that's fine-ish, but then he goes into a rant about how grossly incompetent the developer is and he crosses that line and self sabotages and that's why they won't touch him. Why work with that guy when you could work with any number of equally qualified other people that will tell you what's shit about your product but not launch into a spittle-launching rant about how much of a knuckledragger everyone at your company is?

2. Well that's your definition of casual, sure. The industry definition though? Not so much. By your definition someone in the top 5% could easily be a casual because they just login for raid time and their guild provides all the consumables. Casual is a lot more difficult to define than time spent. I've had casual friends over the years that have spent much more time in-game than I have as a Mythic raider but they never moved beyond LFR or really did much beyond pet battles. By your definitely they wouldn't be a casual. I love that in your mind you truly seem to believe that any definition other than yours is wrong and you think you can qualify that by saying that you work in the industry. If your "facts" that aren't facts are something that you're holding on to that dearly and you admit that nothing will change your mind because your opinion is law in your mind, why are you even posting on a forum? How can you expect to have any sort of useful dialogue with a stance like that?

3. Unfortunately I watch a lot more of his content than I would like to admit. It's pretty entertaining even if it's not really any more valuable than any of a dozen other content creators. He's essentially an angry Towelliee in that regard.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    naguura is literally only there for sjw quota points
    And you literally do not understand the meaning of the world "literally".

Don't be that guy who cements the worst of the gamer persona. Nobody likes that guy, not even other gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    he is desperately trying to preserve his own bubble because he dont want to play game the way majority of players play it.

in this way he is very toxic .

look at his video about benthic gear - rant rant rant - while milions go to nazjatar every day and enjoy farm of pearls.

and couldnt care less what mythic nolifers think about benthic gear.

blizzard finally in BfA admited that the gearing systems needed to be changed - and thus we see emmisaries with good gear and very strong benthic gear.

this is complete rework of gearing systems - and guess what - milions love this new way of gear acquisition - just look how thriving and alive zones are when there is gear emmisary .
    I don't think that's what toxic means. Mythic raiding is his thing and he tries to interest people in it, I don't think that's a wrong or 'toxic' to do. Yes, some of his videos feature very cutting edge-centric view on loot and the game, but then again, nothing toxic about that it's just one of the perspectives. We all know who he is and what he enjoys in the game and we know his videos are coming from a specific perspective. I don't think that necessarily means that a casual player can't enjoy his content, I consider myself somewhat casual (at least as far as pve endgame is concerned) and I do enjoy it. At the same time, I also enjoy Hazel, and T&E for other types of content.

I do like the benthic system very much btw. Youtubers are people making videos for you to watch. Not candidates for a future spouse. Don't have to agree with them on everything to enjoy their content.

And again, just to compare, it's not unusual to see Asmongold calling someone names (literally) on stream for not having certain achievements or not playing for long enough and posting an opinion he disagrees with. Preach has never done anything close to the witchhunts that happen on Asmongold's stream and suggesting that shows you've probably not seen their streams at all.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-07-23 at 09:24 PM.

This is one those threads again where i have to question why humans has such shit taste in what is good casters. What is not, OP i think you we're high when you wrote this. Almost all casters imo except preach are pure cringe and a clown fiesta joke of garbage tier commentating. Only preach is actually decent, the rest sucks. They are pure crap!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to watch either of the streams honestly, the Method or Redbull one. I'd argue the Redbull one is worse because 3/4 of the commentators have nothing of value to add in regards to the game as whole. You either have people who are washed up arena players from over a decade ago or you have classic enthusiasts who have zero knowledge of the game as a whole. I don't even watch Asmongold, but watching terrible imitations of him at 1/10th value doesn't make for a good cast, especially when they don't even know the game they play. Completely out of their element trying to hype something they have no business hyping.

Naguura is one of my least favorite casters for the MDI, but for this event she's not. At least she has somewhat insightful thoughts about the game and has actually played the game at the top end at one point.

I realize it's tough to get charismatic people who also have game knowledge, but holy shit. It's like they hired electricians to do a plumbers job, or vice versa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Please do not get Preach or Asmongold for commentary please, they are like the ugliest streamers I have ever seen coupled with terrible and toxic personality. Watching them commentate would make me puke out all my meals instantly
    Sounds like you've got Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. Might wanna get that checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    1. You're still wrong there, they frequently collaborate with people that are critical of their games. They do not collaborate with people that built an entire career off shitting on everything that they've done for the last decade. There's a big difference between constructive criticism and that, and they quite frequently work with people that criticize their games in a constructive manner. It has nothing to do with PR. It is a good business practice though.

2. You gave an example of a couple of kinds of casual content as being the mediocre content. There are only two kinds of content in this game. Casual content, and Mythic raiding. I was just pointing out that we're the minority in this game. Thanks though.

Sadly yes I've watched quite a bit of his content. Constructive feedback plays a very minimal role in his content, most of it is just talking about how shit Blizzard is and has been for about a decade.
    So you know that the main gripe with benthic gear is that it creates a problem only for the mythic raiders because why would you want to play a character at only 30% effectiveness.

He never said that blizzard is shit and creates only shit.

The people that suffer from the issue benthic gear creates are pretty much in agreement that the system doesn't need to work like that especially when some specs get minimal power increase from the gear in mythic compared to benthic where instead of getting your reward by killing super hard bosses you get the reward by...gear tokens.

Add that to the fact you can't trade gear that's a higher ilvl then you get a system where Jimmy could get a 340 set of bracers that are a downgrade but thanks to the loot trading rules blizzard made he can't give them to Timmy who needs them and now either shards them or keeps them for a dungeon set which goes against Blizzard's "we don't want you to need multiple sets of gear"

That's fair criticism

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So you know that the main gripe with benthic gear is that it creates a problem only for the mythic raiders because why would you want to play a character at only 30% effectiveness.

He never said that blizzard is shit and creates only shit.

The people that suffer from the issue benthic gear creates are pretty much in agreement that the system doesn't need to work like that especially when some specs get minimal power increase from the gear in mythic compared to benthic where instead of getting your reward by killing super hard bosses you get the reward by...gear tokens.

Add that to the fact you can't trade gear that's a higher ilvl then you get a system where Jimmy could get a 340 set of bracers that are a downgrade but thanks to the loot trading rules blizzard made he can't give them to Timmy who needs them and now either shards them or keeps them for a dungeon set which goes against Blizzard's "we don't want you to need multiple sets of gear"

That's fair criticism
    You're talking about one specific case where most people affected, myself included, agree with him. I agreed with some of his points on Azerite gear which I think is terrible in general as well. His entire career is full of times that he's called Blizzard grossly incompetent while making his points. Why would they work with someone like that when they could work with someone that's equally qualified, equally critical, but doesn't act like their company is shit?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You seem to think that Blizzard making a coding error, especially one that was not foreseen, entitles you to exploit it. Not to mention Preach who got exactly what he wished by openly using an exploit and publicizing it. Just because you fap to his streams does not change facts. Sorry, he is no better than anyone else. To borrow a line from Absolutely Fabulous... He is NOT Jesus Christ. He is NOT important. He is not even interesting.

He got what he deserved. You poke the bear with a stick, it will maul you. He poked Blizzard with a stick and they mauled him. End of story.
    Are we done with the stupid assumption that I roll around in my own jizz when watching people stream? Or that I even watch them at all? How can it be impossible for you to understand that maybe people can have an opinion about the situation without being a Preach fan? Jesus christ the lack of maturity of people on this forum is astounding.

No I don't think it entitles me to exploit it, I also did not exploit it, I don't think exploits are a good thing. I just think punishing players for it when it gives them no unfair advantage (let's face it, he's not getting something out of it except saving time for lvling toons, it gives nothing of tangible value that gives them an edge over other players) is pretty harsh while the person who made the mistake pays no price. It's not like he was cheating in arena or something actually detrimental to other players.

Yes the rules are the rules and he did break them, what he did is still not as bad as fucking up as an employee. Basically I'm just saying a rule that says "if we fuck up nothing happens to us but if YOU fuck up, oh boy you're gonna eat shit!" is selfish. I know that's how it is, I also know that's not how it should be. Has nothing to do with Preach, I would say the same fucking thing if it was anyone else including you. It just so happen that this incident concerns Preach, tbh I watch his stream maybe once every 2 weeks at best, for like 30 minutes because his stream ends soon after I wake up. I watched the youtube videos about this thing because I was curious, that's all. No need for your objectively idiotic assumptions that I'm a fan, you probably watched him more than I did, if not, you're talking out of your ass with your criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Sure. You might not see it because you're a fan of his content, but he made his bones being overly critical of WoW and not in a constructive way. That's why Blizzard excludes him and certain other personalities from the community, but works with other personalities that are equally qualified and provide their criticism in a more civil and constructed manner. If you're not even going to acknowledge the simple fact that they work with other people that are critical of their games we can't have a discussion on it. The difference between those personalities and Preach is that Preach's criticism isn't constructive. His feedback isn't nearly as useful as he and his fans think it is. Great he likes the occasional thing, wonderful. Oh look he thinks these 12 other things are shit and he's going to list off why he personally thinks they're shit, and that's fine-ish, but then he goes into a rant about how grossly incompetent the developer is and he crosses that line and self sabotages and that's why they won't touch him. Why work with that guy when you could work with any number of equally qualified other people that will tell you what's shit about your product but not launch into a spittle-launching rant about how much of a knuckledragger everyone at your company is?

2. Well that's your definition of casual, sure. The industry definition though? Not so much. By your definition someone in the top 5% could easily be a casual because they just login for raid time and their guild provides all the consumables. Casual is a lot more difficult to define than time spent. I've had casual friends over the years that have spent much more time in-game than I have as a Mythic raider but they never moved beyond LFR or really did much beyond pet battles. By your definitely they wouldn't be a casual. I love that in your mind you truly seem to believe that any definition other than yours is wrong and you think you can qualify that by saying that you work in the industry. If your "facts" that aren't facts are something that you're holding on to that dearly and you admit that nothing will change your mind because your opinion is law in your mind, why are you even posting on a forum? How can you expect to have any sort of useful dialogue with a stance like that?

3. Unfortunately I watch a lot more of his content than I would like to admit. It's pretty entertaining even if it's not really any more valuable than any of a dozen other content creators. He's essentially an angry Towelliee in that regard.
    The people on this forum amaze me. You tell them a fact, they go ape shit and deny it. What the fuck am I supposed to do with this, dude?

I told you what things are, you refuse to learn. I mean, the conversation is over at this point. And there's no "agree to disagree". You don't want the facts, it's your problem, and your problem alone now. I got nothing more to say to someone as close minded as you.

Couldn't care less about preach. To this day I have no idea why people obsess over the guy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I told you what things are, you refuse to learn. I mean, the conversation is over at this point. And there's no "agree to disagree". You don't want the facts, it's your problem, and your problem alone now. I got nothing more to say to someone as close minded as you.
    You presented your opinions as facts, which they're not. You said your mind could never be changed. I told you the conversation was over at that point. Conversation was already over dude. You like Preach, we get it, that's fine. Nobody is telling you that you can't be a fan. Your opinions aren't facts though.

theres nothing more cringy than using internet lingo in real life. the one balding british dude is constantly speaking out twitch emotes and it kills me.

3+ Year Old Account
    You presented your opinions as facts, which they're not. You said your mind could never be changed. I told you the conversation was over at that point. Conversation was already over dude. You like Preach, we get it, that's fine. Nobody is telling you that you can't be a fan. Your opinions aren't facts though.
    No, I didn't present my opinions, I stated facts that exists regardless of my perspective, these facts don't support your views and instead of learning you claim that the facts I presented are opinions because it's easier for your ego to live in a world where you believe no one knows more than you do. On top of that, you provide nothing to back up the claims you made, which is to be expected since it's impossible to prove these facts wrong, you're just gonna talk about your perspective, which, frankly, is fucking useless.

Just keep on being wrong and inserting little passive agressive smiley faces in your post while you wrongly believe you're roasting someone on the internet. At the end of the day you're the one missing out on useful information, not me.

No I don't think it entitles me to exploit it, I also did not exploit it, I don't think exploits are a good thing. I just think punishing players for it when it gives them no unfair advantage (let's face it, he's not getting something out of it except saving time for lvling toons, it gives nothing of tangible value that gives them an edge over other players) is pretty harsh while the person who made the mistake pays no price. It's not like he was cheating in arena or something actually detrimental to other players.
    See, this is where your entitled attitude is evident. You DO feel that you should be able use the exploit though. You said so. "I should be able to use the exploit without repercussions because it does not hurt other players." That is what you said.

Why should I get banned then if I use exploit X to get tons of gold because I want to buy an Auction House mount then? I mean my possession of the mount does not hurt other players or give me some unfair advantage. So it should be ok, right?

But what you are forgetting is that all of us agreed to a legal document, most recently on June 25th when Patch 8.2 went live, that states we agree to abide by Blizzard's Code of Conduct. The CoC clearly states:

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.
    That leveling thing was a bug, and the people who got banned were exploiting that bug. Therefore, they are cheating and Blizzard has the right to deal with them for violating the CoC. Period.

As for why Preach and some others got longer bans, it was because they publicized the exploit. Blizzard sees this as much worse than simply exploiting and thus deals with it more harshly. And there is even a catch-all statement at the end of the CoC that states:

If you're unsure if your actions violate this code of conduct, reconsider them. We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep Blizzard games a fun experience for all players.
    So there you have it. Of course people will say "Well, Blizzard never acknowledged the bug or said it was an exploit so...." But anyone who has played the game for any real length of time will know that Blizzard does not publicly acknowledge exploits for the same reason they banned Preach and co for longer... it just makes the exploit more public and increases their job.

There is only one valid reason for exploiting a bug... replicating it for a report. Blizzard will forgive you if you find a bug, exploit it a few times to make sure a) it was a potential bug to begin with and b) it can be replicated. I did this back in Wrath when I found a bug. I do not remember exactly what it was or what the benefit exploiting it gave, but I did it two more times, wrote down what I discovered, the steps so that Blizzard could replicate it on their end, then I filed a bug report and moved on.

Has nothing to do with Preach, I would say the same fucking thing if it was anyone else including you.
    But you ARE making this about Preach. He made is bed and he admitted it. He knew what was going to happen to him. Taliesin spoke with him prior to the ban and he expressed regret. But not even Cher can turn back time and take it back.

Basically I'm just saying a rule that says "if we fuck up nothing happens to us but if YOU fuck up, oh boy you're gonna eat shit!" is selfish. I know that's how it is, I also know that's not how it should be.
    It *IS* how it should be. See, there's a little thing here called "mens rea" which is the legal term for intent/knowledge of wrongdoing that turns an action into a crime. The programmer(s) on Blizzard's end did not intend for this to happen. They probably set it up like any other item that functions similarly and by all logic it should have worked. But something else in the code caused it to interact in an unforeseen way. So there was not ill intent on Blizzard's part.

There was ill intent on the part of players who utilized the exploit and publicized it. They knew what they were doing would most likely get Blizzard's attention and not in a good way. We already have established that they were cheating by Blizzard's definition (which they agreed to) and ignored the warning discouraging players to act in a manner that they think might violate the CoC. So they intended to exploit, got caught, and got punished. End of story.

3+ Year Old Account
    See, this is where your entitled attitude is evident. You DO feel that you should be able use the exploit though. You said so. "I should be able to use the exploit without repercussions because it does not hurt other players." That is what you said.
    That's not what I said. You even quoted my post, it means you read what I said, decided to requote using different words and meaning something different and then saying "That is what you said."

Objectively speaking, that makes you 100% wrong.

What you wrongly quoted was this line:
    I just think punishing players for it when it gives them no unfair advantage (let's face it, he's not getting something out of it except saving time for lvling toons, it gives nothing of tangible value that gives them an edge over other players) is pretty harsh while the person who made the mistake pays no price.
    The message that you didn't understand--- wait scratch that, let me rephrase...
    The message that you understood, but decided to twist to make it a point for yourself, is that it's not okay to make a rule that punishes people who use a mistake but not punish the person who did the mistake and not even own it on top of that. Making someone look like the bad guy and completely deflecting the fuck up on Blizzard's part. Which btw, happened several years back with other bugs that Blizzard said it was their fault and didn't punish players who took advantage of it.

I guess doing it on stream makes it worse in the eyes of people with very low self respect, because logically speaking, trying to hide it to benefit from it even longer is way worse than publicly showing it, which can be instantly seen or communicated to Blizzard, which will result in the bug getting fixed faster. Obviously that doesn't REDEEM him, he still used the bug, it's against the TOS, he should be punished, and blizzard should also punish the idiot who make the mistake and own up to it. Like real men do.

I didn't read the rest of your post since the very first sentence was objectively wrong, AGAIN. Stop using your fucking perspective, it's WORTHLESS. See things for what they are, not for what you want them to be. Like I do.
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2019-07-24 at 03:50 PM.

The message that you didn't understand--- wait scratch that, let me rephrase...
    The message that you understood, but decided to twist to make it a point for yourself, is that it's not okay to make a rule that punishes people who use a mistake but not punish the person who did the mistake and not even own it on top of that. Making someone look like the bad guy and completely deflecting the fuck up on Blizzard's part. Which btw, happened several years back with other bugs that Blizzard said it was their fault and didn't punish players who took advantage of it.
    Go back and re-read what I wrote about "mens rea".

3+ Year Old Account
    Go back and re-read what I wrote about "mens rea".
    No, not worth my more valuable time since you've been wrong everytime you posted. Redirect me to someone else and I might consider it, but not to your waste of time previous posts.

No, not worth my more valuable time since you've been wrong everytime you posted. Redirect me to someone else and I might consider it, but not to your waste of time previous posts.
    You really need to work on your trolling. Storming off like Eric Cartman because your argument got punctured doesn't cut it.

3+ Year Old Account
    You really need to work on your trolling. Storming off like Eric Cartman because your argument got punctured doesn't cut it.

There was no argument. There was a lesson given by me and a student who refused to learn.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    There was no argument. There was a lesson given by me and a student who refused to learn.
    I hope your face is as punchable as your attitude.