Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    There is a company called Jagex Ltd that made a game called RuneScape that was a juggernaut MMORPG and still exists. What I can tell you is that after Andrew Gower, the majority share holder, sold his shares and retired as CEO of the company the game slowly implemented more MTX over time. You cannot log into the game now without having offers to buy spins.

The leadership Blizzard has lost may not necessarily be significant in the day to day development done by developers but where they will be missed is as voices that hold back the tide of microtransactions that are currently plaguing the video game industry.

Blizzards first game that was heavily MTX based in a negative way was hearthstone. You had a lighter fare of MTX with Heroes of the Storm and WOW cosmetics. You have Diablo Immortals on the horizon.

What you need to watch is who controls the decisions over MTX implementation because games with over burdensome MTX blows ass for gameplay. We will see where this goes.

Dammit. Initially I thought that J.A.B. was leaving.

Talk about a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by nemspy View Post

Talk about a letdown.
    I know right! I was like yes! can Blizzard get a non Activision shill...
    So disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    People leave jobs all the time.

Get over yourselves.
    These aren't just "people" leaving "some job".

You come in with the lowest effort\thought involved comment and tell other people to "get over themselves". Delusional much?

Quote Originally Posted by nemspy View Post

Talk about a letdown.
    You're a shitty person. JAB has been gaming probably before you had hair on your nuts.

He was formerly at Origin working Wing Commander and Ultima, and then moved over to Star Wars Galaxies before he stopped at Blizz. But here you are, being a complete c u next tuesday.

You're a terrible person, and I hope you walk out of the door and get decked by someone you don't know who just thinks as poorly of you as you do of J Allen Brack, someone you don't know.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2019-07-21 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    You're a shitty person. JAB has been gaming probably before you had hair on your nuts.

He was formerly at Origin working Wing Commander and Ultima, and then moved over to Star Wars Galaxies before he stopped at Blizz. But here you are, being a complete c u next tuesday.

You're a terrible person, and I hope you walk out of the door and get decked by someone you don't know who just thinks as poorly of you as you do of J Allen Brack, someone you don't know.
    you think you want that but you dont....

no world pvp i saw
    Yeah its wonderful when the most toxic, abusive, and foul mouthed players arent around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardreth View Post
    Why is everyone leaving? Its not just some intern. Its some pretty big hitters.
    After 28 years he may very well enjoy bis retirement.

The tinfoil in here is off the charts. The guy worked there for 28 years. Sometimes it's just time to move on.

What would be great is if MMOC wrote a small bit about who these people were to blizzard and what they contributed, instead of just reposting the blue. I'm not mad, I appreciate them sharing the news, but it'd be a far better post with a little journalism attached to give it meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What i read: "i've worked for over 30 years and its time for me to enjoy my life and family again. Learn an instrument and i love you all"

And you read: "ACTIVISION FORCED ME OUT!!!!!!!"
    This.

I think people posting the negative comments here, or implying activision forced him out are probably the ones that haven't worked for decades. It doesn't matter how good the job is, how entwined you are with a community, there always comes a time when people just want to kick back, relax, do something different, or just retire and enjoy life.