Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe View Post
    Basically, it looks like Blizzard is slowly reforming without Activision. Call me crazy, but I'd not be surprised if more and more folks of the old Blizzard end up with them again.
    THIS^

They're all leaving and possibly reforming. I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year the old school crew of Blizzard starts another company. They have the cash and the fan following to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    people like frank pierce dont just quit a job like this. they dont unless its either 1. there emotional/phyically cant do the job anymore or 2 they were forced out/ forced to retire/ position was terminated from leadership chain.
    man you knew frank personally! could you get his autograph for me!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rentesh View Post
    THIS^

They're all leaving and possibly reforming. I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year the old school crew of Blizzard starts another company. They have the cash and the fan following to do it.
    Remember the last time that happend? wasnt that wonderful! oh wait it was wildstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    man you knew frank personally! could you get his autograph for me!?

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the last time that happend? wasnt that wonderful! oh wait it was wildstar.
    So yeah it was pretty damn wonderful. No uncapped grinds necessary to even play your character great combat and some of the best raid and dungeon design in any mmo ever.

in before morons think this means Blizzard is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Diablo 4 is gunna be announced this blizzcon
    we have a new expansion aswell
    diablo immortal as actually pretty decent for a mobile game
    warcraft reforged seriously did people forget about that?
    also hearthstone is better then ever.

- - - Updated - - -

funny you treat diablo immortal as a bad thing, idk if you know, but not everyone is elitists, MANY gamers play mobile games... Idk what world you live in that you can play PC games on a bus, or in a car.

also if he hated pathfinder so bad, why now and not 5 years ago?
    also why the fuck do you think he goes "i love my job at blizzard... WAIT PATHFINDER!>?>?!>!>>!>! IU QWUIT1R2W3RT2WE!!!"
    Whoa there you're supposed to be angry on the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So yeah it was pretty damn wonderful. No uncapped grinds necessary to even play your character great combat and some of the best raid and dungeon design in any mmo ever.
    and yet its dead
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    good maybe well get some new blood that can add some new shit to this mmo like eso

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and yet its dead
    To be fair that's more due to management issues than game faults. The instant expansion to half a dozen more servers than they needed much like bless split the population and half the servers were dead after the initial rush. The whole 2 faction system in general wasn't needed. If they cut down on the theme park aspect and focused more on the pve aspects the game could have been very viable. The scope of the game forced a need for immediate subs if it had been cut down a bit would have been fine. Also warfronts in general were a colossal waste of resources that should have been saved for an expansion. The game itself had amazing bones but they tried to instantly compete with everything wow had built over a decade instead of slowly growing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's a constant source of amusement that the very same people who are constantly bitching about how Blizzard's management needs to be replaced are all suddenly falling all over themselves at the exit of some senior person--part of that management that needs to be replaced--at how this spells out the doom of the company and all the rats are leaving the sinking ship and any other lazy catch phrase that you can think of. It's mindless and unintentionally hilarious.
    It's a constant source of amusement to me that some people think there's only two types of people out there; themselves and everyone who has a differing opinion than them on any one particular thing.

The people saying management need to be replaced aren't the same people saying it's doom and gloom when management leaves. While they may both disagree with you, that doesn't mean they agree with each other.

You can disagree with Person X about Thing Y, and you disagree with Person Y about Thing X, but that doesn't mean either Person X or Person Y will or will not agree with each other over Thing X or Thing Y.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I guess after 28 years, it's not a huge surprise to see people retire.
    Why? I really don't understand. Where i live in the EU you have to work up until 65-67 to go retire. Probably he was in his early 20s when he started so he just barely hit 50 (or not even 50 yet when he started at 20 which was common back then). And people call him old? Is this some US stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I guess after 28 years, it's not a huge surprise to see people retire.
    Time for new people to move up the ranks and move Blizzard onwards - probably a good thing as they need to change and modernize (as this forum keeps yammering about).

Still, pretty impressive career.
    I would agree. I've worked at multiple locations, and see people come and go all the time, at all levels. In the span he worked at Blizzard, the average person has changed jobs 12 times. So the more surprising thing in today's job market is that he stayed there for 28 years.

I also don't think most folks have a clue how stressful it is running the business is at the level he is at, and how many hours you work. I suspect he's set for money, and is doing what a lot of folks would like to do which is the retire while they are young enough to really enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pogacsa View Post
    Why? I really don't understand. Where i live in the EU you have to work up until 65-67 to go retire. Probably he was in his early 20s when he started so he just barely hit 50 (or not even 50 yet when he started at 20 which was common back then). And people call him old? Is this some US stuff?
    I would say it's more about the time he's been working at one place that's the outlier. He's not old by any means, but it's rare these days, at least in the U.S., to see someone work at the same company for 30 years.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Pogacsa View Post
    You also have to realise how much money these people will have made over that time being one of the founders of such a massive company. They’re able to retire early because they’ll have millions in the bank that allow them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and yet its dead
    Everything dies in due time. Sometimes it's better to enjoy your experience and close the project instead of lasting it forever like a chewing gum that lost its taste long ago.

GG Frank Pearce

Looking forward to all these unannounced projects everyone keeps talking about and not announcing.

This Blizzcon will be a big deal for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    sounds to me like he was forced out of his position by J Allen or Activision
    How? How does it sound like that and why would they do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The people saying management need to be replaced aren't the same people saying it's doom and gloom when management leaves. While they may both disagree with you, that doesn't mean they agree with each other.
    You may not believe this but there's a regular community here that posts a lot and which I have cause to see. It's not a huge community. After a number of years you tend to know who they are and what their standard positions are on the game, Blizzard, etc. I'm not in the business of naming names but trust me when I tell you that in this case some of them are very much the same people.

28 years at one place is a very long time. As a company founder I'm sure he has enough money--"fuck you money" it's sometimes called--to live well the rest of his life. If he wants to retire or even go do something else it's his right and I wish him well.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-07-20 at 07:29 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Sinking Ship
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yeah man its the best game, no wonder its the to-...
    wait? news in, game died before even its 5th aniversary
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy has been in a high intensity position for close on 30 years. He's earned the right to step back and focus on himself. It's not the end of the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I thought Allen was leaving too. Happy to know that he's not!