Thread: Bloodtalons?

Bloodtalons?

Hey guys,

So I’ve played mainly mage but decided to give Feral a go in 8.2. First thoughts are it’s quite a complicated spec and not just waiting for cooldowns like Mage.

My question is obvious, is bloodtalons necessary? I’m not a mythic raider or anything but I don’t want to be completely useless damage wise. Are MoC or Primal Fury viable choices? I was running MoC and found it a lot smoother, but I’m not very far into my experience. Was thinking Primal Fury could be good especially with openers.

Cheers for any help!

>I’m not a mythic raider
    it won't tank your dps down to tank levels, so not necessary for non mythic raiders
    you can see the difference comparing talents in raidbots
    you probably only find it hard because you're also new at feral, keep trying and it will become very simple

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I never liked Bloodtalons. Yes, I know that it's the best lvl 100 talent out of the three to boost our dps. But I've always thought it beyond stupid to have to cast Regrowth on myself before attacking to get a boost to my next two melee attacks. Of course, I'm only soloing in feral spec, so it's less of a problem. Nobody will complain about my dps. But I prefer to use Feral Frenzy and Lunar Inspiration. It gives me other buttons to crunch than Rake and Shred.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

i love bloodtalons, but you can play any any 100 talent. MoC is really strong with the right azerite traits and the Mechagon Essence, i think we have a few viable options since Essences and higher secondary stats.
    Just try to find your own playstyle and whats the most fun for you, if you wanna have a easy build just go for the shred build i mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    To be honest, I never liked Bloodtalons. Yes, I know that it's the best lvl 100 talent out of the three to boost our dps. But I've always thought it beyond stupid to have to cast Regrowth on myself before attacking to get a boost to my next two melee attacks. Of course, I'm only soloing in feral spec, so it's less of a problem. Nobody will complain about my dps. But I prefer to use Feral Frenzy and Lunar Inspiration. It gives me other buttons to crunch than Rake and Shred.
    I feel the same way haha. I tried feral in Legion and always thought it was a silly play style. I’m the same I will only really be raiding casually so it’s not that big of a deal.

Cheers everyone for the replies, gonna give Primal Fury a go and see how that is, would be quite good for PvP I’m guessing.

Bloodtalons is mainly for your dots and finishers, MoC for more free attacks (with damage buff). Bloodtalons forces you to use your free heal cast every time when you have 4 or 5 cp, while with MoC you can use the heal when you really need it. In other words the playstyle with MoC is more comfortable.

little advice if you start playing a new class/specc:
    the Addon "HeroRotation" gives you an icon that shows what ability you should use next.

according to the creator of the addon pre 8.2, it uses the same "logic" Simcraft uses for DPS simulations, so in theorie, if done perfectly on a Dummy, you would be able to do your ideal DPS simply by following the Addon.

it is not perfect, as it does not include essences and trinket uses atm, but for getting started, it is nice.

for example, it shows you if you should Regrowth with 5 CP and spend the 2 charges on bite and shred, or if you should use it with 4 CP and use if for rake and bite.
    it also factors in if you should use Thrash for the Wild Fleshrending trait.

i tried it for almost every dps specc, and so far there are no major flaws, aside from essences and trinkets not being shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    little advice if you start playing a new class/specc:
    the Addon "HeroRotation" gives you an icon that shows what ability you should use next.

according to the creator of the addon pre 8.2, it uses the same "logic" Simcraft uses for DPS simulations, so in theorie, if done perfectly on a Dummy, you would be able to do your ideal DPS simply by following the Addon.

it is not perfect, as it does not include essences and trinket uses atm, but for getting started, it is nice.

for example, it shows you if you should Regrowth with 5 CP and spend the 2 charges on bite and shred, or if you should use it with 4 CP and use if for rake and bite.
    it also factors in if you should use Thrash for the Wild Fleshrending trait.

i tried it for almost every dps specc, and so far there are no major flaws, aside from essences and trinkets not being shown.
    No offence but I would never use an addon that tells me what to press haha. Kinda defeats the purpose of playing imo. But each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by birchhh View Post
    No offence but I would never use an addon that tells me what to press haha. Kinda defeats the purpose of playing imo. But each to their own!
    Eh, for beginners to the class/spec it can be helpful though I only ever used TellMeWhen for a short while back in Warlords.