Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Saw the video of the incident, i honestly do not understand why he is still in jail since he was hassled and his bodyguards were attacked.
    We don't do vigilante justice in Europe. In the US it might be considered normal for people to walk around with bodyguards kicking the shit out of people in the streets when they're down.

Stick to proportional force when it comes to self defense. This was aggravated assault and they're lucky they dropped the aggravated part already.

They fucking beat the crap out of hecklers. Get real.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2019-07-21 at 08:34 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    All I have to say is if Swedish laws are that strict without considering context, the system is broken. Its takes the human element out of the system, which is never good. 2 years because won a minor fight? Should've just put the guy in a hospital. That's how you get people put in a hospital, "they are going to throw me behind bars anyway so I might as well send a message. Let off all the steam."
    The laws surrounding self defense exist for a reason. And it stops being defense when the perpetrator stops being a threat. If someone breaks into your house and refuses to leave. You can use force to throw him out. If you break his leg and after that keep using force? (instead of calling the cops/waiting for cops already called). You'll not be defending yourself anymore.
    Unless there are circumstances that make the guy with a broken leg able to ignore the pain and keep walking around your house/keep attacking you.

These laws do consider context. It's just that the context isn't lax. And for self defense to be a thing outside of your home you need to have been physically attacked. Heckled doesn't warrant violence.
    Being a public figure (no matter how smalltime) and kicking someone when they are down? That's just stupid. And kicking someone when they're down infront of witnesses? That's not winning a minor fight. That's being an idiot. Anyone doing that would face assault chargest.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    You're allowed to defend yourself to the point where it becomes feasible to effect an escape. If it goes beyond that, then you are assaulting them. Your self-defense reasoning ends when you no longer need to defend yourself.
    Facts. Punishments should fit the actual crimes. What led to the confrontation doesn't just go out the window because someone might've got in an extra hit. It definitely suddenly turn self-defense, even mutual combat, into aggravated assault looking at 2 years locked up. No one is dead, no one was seriously hurt, they didn't hold the guy against the wall and just go to pound town. Society isn't that soft, Sweden isn't that soft. Western culture isn't that vindictive. How much is a punch worth?

In most places, cops would've seen the video, called it a civil matter, told the instigator he got his ass beat, everyone go home or go jail. Worse case you spend a weekend, the DDA asks why the trash is on their desk, charges dropped if there ever were formal charges. If the guy who lost thinks he actually has a case they take it to civil court. None of this nonsense where someone is sitting in jail for 20 days over a minor incident. No wasting the systems time and money over something the 'victim' brought up themselves and walked away from. Its inefficient, its stupid, a lack of understanding when it comes to justice vs vengeance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    We don't do vigilante justice in Europe. In the US it might be considered normal for people to walk around with bodyguards kicking the shit out of people in the streets when they're down.

Stick to proportional force when it comes to self defense. This was aggravated assault and they're lucky they dropped the aggravated part already.

They fucking beat the crap out of hecklers. Get real.
    Lucky he did have bodyguards if you guys just wave off the behavior of the instigator.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What led to the confrontation doesn't just go out the window because someone might've got in an extra hit
    US law does not apply in other countries, there's a lot of countries where you will be punished for a fight regardless of who the instigator was if you use excessive violence.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Facts. Punishments should fit the actual crimes. What led to the confrontation doesn't just go out the window because someone might've got in an extra hit. It definitely suddenly turn self-defense, even mutual combat, into aggravated assault looking at 2 years locked up. No one is dead, no one was seriously hurt, they didn't hold the guy against the wall and just go to pound town. Society isn't that soft, Sweden isn't that soft. Western culture isn't that vindictive. How much is a punch worth?

In most places, cops would've seen the video, called it a civil matter, told the instigator he got his ass beat, everyone go home or go jail. Worse case you spend a weekend, the DDA asks why the trash is on their desk, charges dropped if there ever were formal charges. If the guy who lost thinks he actually has a case they take it to civil court. None of this nonsense where someone is sitting in jail for 20 days over a minor incident. No wasting the systems time and money over something the 'victim' brought up themselves and walked away from. Its inefficient, its stupid, a lack of understanding when it comes to justice vs vengeance.

- - - Updated - - -

Lucky he did have bodyguards if you guys just wave off the behavior of the instigator.
    I just watched the video.
    ASAP Rocky is in the wrong. I don't know what exactly is the big violent thing was. I don't know when it happened. I don't know if more violence than the hit with headphones happened.
    However, he was followed and psycologically harrassed from what I saw. Our laws doesn't allow use of violence to solve that. He should have called the police and had them handle it. His body guard ought to have kept check of local laws so he could know how to handle the situation. Otherwise that's incompetence since he won't be able to fulfil his duty well.
    Yeah, being followed like that can be scary, and whatever. But it seems like a long ass time passed between different points in the video. Should have just dailed 112 (I believe 911 would have redirected it) and gotten police involved. Hell, the two guys following would probably have bolted had that happened.

The case that'll happen is to see if this was self defense, or if it wasn't. If it was, he'll be free. If it wasn't, he won't.
    He's in the lock up because he's deemed a flight risk. They don't trust him to go free. If he's charged the other guy with anything, (which I haven't seen anything about, however I've hardly followed the case). Then that case is also under investigation. It's however less likely the other guy would be in the lock up for the reasons Rocky is. Since he probably has far less resources to just up and leave.
    - Lars

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    It's not broken. USA is the extreme outlier in the world with your self defense laws. Kicking someone that's on the ground isn't "winning a fight", it's assault, at the least.
    It isn't here also. Shooting someone who is no longer a threat is also unlawful.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Tbh that swedish boy should be in jail for being such a fool. He's like 50 kg and tries to attack a bodyguard 4 times his size

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sweden frequently makes headlines for its low recidivism rates, unlike say the US which has the highest incarcerated rate on the planet.

It's literally a better system.

It would be an interesting experiment to switch governments for 10 years and see if there was any difference.

California has 203,000 inmates.

Texas has 218,000 inmates.

One state is left wing, the other is right wing yet there is little difference in prison population.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Trump always the idiot tells Sweden PM he will 'vouch' for ASAP. That's not how the law works.

As I stated but no reply from any Trumpkin, is he jumped when contacted by a Hollywood elite in Kim k. I thought we are supposed to hate Hollywood elites.

Plus Trump trying to erase some of his racist points away. 'See I got a black person out of jail. Totally not a racist'.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sweden frequently makes headlines for its low recidivism rates, unlike say the US which has the highest incarcerated rate on the planet.

It's literally a better system.
    You have less bad people, if you had the gangs we had in the states you would be in the same situation

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    It would be an interesting experiment to switch governments for 10 years and see if there was any difference.

One state is left wing, the other is right wing yet there is little difference in prison population.
    One also has a substantially larger population than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Locklen View Post
    One also has a substantially larger population than the other.
    California has more federal prisons than Texas, so obviously will have more prisoners.

Unless the numbers quoted were just from state prisons.

Who cares. Americans around the world screw up and get tossed in jail from time to time in those countries. Not exactly something to care about. Sure if he was in prison in North Korea it might be worth trying to get him back to avoid the labor camp of death but if he ends up in jail in Sweden I can only imagine him having to adapt to a 3 or 4 star hotel for whatever amount of time he is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    I will asume you ask in good fate. The Swedish law allow self-defense, but you are only allow to use force proportionally to the threat. That include lethal force if the threat is extreme dire. The bodygaurds was in there right to defend themself and there client, but after the man is on the ground, he is not a real threat, continue to beat him is excessive use of force, that is assult, a criminal act.
    Do you guys not have "mutual combat" laws or "fighting word laws". In the US if you essentially cause a fight because you were the primary instigator, both verbally and physically, you can catch an ass whupping and no one really goes to jail over it. Granted if you get beat bad enough, like this situation, people may get arrested, but once it comes out that you were instigating the entire situation, they are released.

It's laughable that Trump thinks that he can do anything in this case. The idea that he could call in a favour like it's some local mafia boss he's calling is pathetic, ofcourse the Swedish PM can't do anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw the video of the incident, i honestly do not understand why he is still in jail since he was hassled and his bodyguards were attacked.
    I haven't read much about it but I know there are several videos. Some showing those fans or wth they were attacking and some that rapper and his body guard attacking.

Could not care less. The legal machinery is running and it has to play its course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

You really should take population size into account if you want to make any such point to begin with.

apparently his bodyguards took the headphones of these 2 kids and that why they kept harassing them but idk if its true or nah.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    You have less bad people, if you had the gangs we had in the states you would be in the same situation
    Gangs are a products of incompetent governments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    Gangs are a products of incompetent governments.
    Or US invasions/backed coups.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    is asap a "teen"(in his mid thirties) "refugee"(migrant looking for an easy out of their shit-ass but not actually persecuting them country instead of trying to fix it from within.)

If not, they're going to throw the book at him.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening