Poll: Dragon Isles 9.0?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think Dragon Isles would be a cool addition if it included a revamped max-level Quel'thalas too.

Dragon Isles appears on the WOTLK beta map, north of Strat and West of Quel'thalas.

I think it would be cool if we got Dragon Isles, but instead of the DI being the whole expansion area, it takes advantage of the geography to reboot Quel'thalas and 'New Lordaeron' as well. Silvermoon could be updated and be used as the Horde capital hub and Stratholme could be rebuilt to be the Alliance hub.

The continent itself I'm fairly impartial too, I'd have to see it. I wouldn't mind seeing more bronze dragon and Murozond stuff, and would love to see more of Bolvar (who could be very relevant, with the red dragons having a currently unresolved grievance with him and the death knights). If this is an opportunity to make a semi-scourge expansion, I'm all for it. Could be a smart way to do it without having to deal with the problem of having to revisit Northrend or make up a ridiculous reason for scourge stuff to be happening on some random continent.

A playable dragonsworn hero class would be awesome (these do exist in some lore afaik), and could get the demon hunter treatment in that the rule of cool could allow them to have some customisation and abilities previously reserved for full on dragons. Could also have a neutral drakonid race or something, but not holding my breath. Tinker class still seems like a given, and maybe even dark ranger if there are scourge themes. But if it's the dragon expansion, it'd be a real missed opportunity to put dragonsworn aside for either of those (or for "allied classes", bleh).

We know Wrathion is looking for something on the Dragon Isles. Probably he's trying to stop the Old Gods somehow. So we could have a reason to go there (maybe a powerful artifact is there to replace the Heart of Azeroth). Of course, as of this new raid N'Zoth is free. If we kill him dead then the Old Gods presumably aren't free at all. If somehow he doesn't die and/or all the other Old Gods come back, it seems like it'd be pretty hard not to include a bunch of Old God minions. And you'd think breaking up the themes would be the point of a dragon expansion. So it's hard to say why exactly we'll be going there, but it seems clear we will at some point. Maybe it'll just be a patch, but that seems like a missed opportunity.

I think the dragon isles will give us a choice of aligning with one of the factions, and then maybe doing so opens up a talent tree to traverse and then some new form of AP to collect to traverse the tree. Sort of like being able to pick a Loa in BfA. We start out by getting to choose 1 of the 5 flights. Maybe in 9.2 they reveal some new flights and we can also pick one of those as well.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Man it would be cool to get one zone themed for each flight with a summit island for them all. Go throug each one and cleanse the old God corruption.

Despite the Dragon Isle having next to no background and therefore being open for them to do pretty much whatever they want with it, I desperately, desperately want to be done with dredging up old lore for new expansion ideas at this point. I just want them to move on to completely new stories and stop retreading tired old ground. Somewhere totally new full of unheard of races and fresh characters would appeal to me way more than the Dragon Isle.

Maybe in the future but not for 9.0. Im getting a little sick of being stuck on a tiny island for two years.

I said yes to the poll, but i still wouldn't play retail until a lot of things change which isn't going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe after we dealt with the Black Empire

Nope I’m done with dragons

Patch perhaps, whole expansion, no thanks.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I feel nothing about a Dragon isle expansion, because, other than there being dragons, I don't what to expect there.

About the Dragonsworn class: I wouldn't want it to see as a seperate class, but as an upgrade to the class your playing. So as a mage, you become a dragonsworn mage. It could be whole Expansion worth of story to prove you are worthy and then to get the proper training. In the end you get to choose additional spells and abilities and/or changes to existing ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's an infinite dragonflight expansion, I'm down.

Wouldn't it be dumb that Nazjatar and Argus, supposed to be seats of power of great empires ruled by all-powerful monarchs, are only patch zones but "here be dragons" archipelago would entire expansion?

Of course, I like dragons and I would play dragon class but I don't want Dragon Isles to be full expansion instead of, let's say, Black Empire or K'aresh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think Dragon Isles would be a cool addition if it included a revamped max-level Quel'thalas too.

Dragon Isles appears on the WOTLK beta map, north of Strat and West of Quel'thalas.

I think it would be cool if we got Dragon Isles, but instead of the DI being the whole expansion area, it takes advantage of the geography to reboot Quel'thalas and 'New Lordaeron' as well. Silvermoon could be updated and be used as the Horde capital hub and Stratholme could be rebuilt to be the Alliance hub.
    Revamped Quel'thalas is long overdue.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Maybe in the future but not for 9.0. Im getting a little sick of being stuck on a tiny island for two years.
    This. After being cramped into tiny islands for two expansions in a row, I want to see a proper continent as the stage for 9.0. Bonus points if it's an already existing continent, but revamped ala Cata. But for the love of the Loa, no more islands please.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Wouldn't it be dumb that Nazjatar and Argus, supposed to be seats of power of great empires ruled by all-powerful monarchs, are only patch zones but "here be dragons" archipelago would entire expansion?
    We went from a world ending threat to farming carrots with pandas, i'm not seeing the issue here. Only thing we know about the place is that there's dragons there. What type of dragons? What else lives there? There's so many blanks that they can fill in with who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

expansion, no. Patch, yes

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The dovahkiin is in all of us.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.