Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's like getting your driver's license at 40. Of course it's not "useless" but imagine all the fun you could have been having if you got it sooner.

15+ Year Old Account
    blizzard: we dont want you to regrind something youve already earned
    Also blizzard: except flying

For you it might be of use yet since you appear to be one that is constantly chasing other players around the map. For me for instance is only useful to level my alts in a more convinient way.

I still have a week at least before flying on my main and after unlocking it I will have no reason to go outside a city again unless I want to get mechagon and water goblin reps to exalted.

It would have been way more useful when I was chasing WQ around Zuldazar while grinding the original reps or farming mats to level my professions. Now that I have already done all that, yeah, its too late to me to really be considered useful.

Feels like a situation where a vocal minority have filled your feed. I for one hear nobody saying flying is useless.

It just always comes far to late in the expansion and comes heavily gated. Reminds me of the raid gates of Vanilla and BC, nothing is done like that anymore, especially something that is just a way to get around faster.

We have experienced the world fully within two weeks of the expansion, there is no need to timegate flying further than a month for the reasons they provided in the past. And they could do that with the current pathfinder part one and I would not even mind doing it because it actually meant something once you did it and not potentially something 10 months in the future. Also In a world where you have stable portals why do we even have flying paths? The whole going into hostile territory for the questing is fine, but once the zone is done it should just have fast travel.

Argus is both a good and bad example. Good example of a system where you are not super inconvenienced by not having flying due to the fast travel points (even if there should have been twice as many). But a bad example because it took a dump on the work spent getting flying for Legion.

And your example shows very well how outdated the system is. They never learned from world pvp in legion where the pvp zones suffered from both the gated flying and the artifact issue.
    Last edited by Vesoha; 2019-07-21 at 05:18 PM.

Why don't you have flying at this point? I didn't play 8.2 till a week after it launched and I unlocked flying the other day.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why don't you have flying at this point? I didn't play 8.2 till a week after it launched and I unlocked flying the other day.
    I missed 10 days, and all I did was the WQ and left the zones and even I have it now..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    My question to the anti-flying crowd that Blizzard is pandering to: if flying is okay now, what was so radically different about the game 6 months ago that it wasn't okay back then?
    I will gladly answer your question. On the release day when you have much more people online than now, blizzard is trying to create as many social interactions as possible (I am not saying they are good at doing it). And flying kills all interactions between players. Flying is killing wpvp, and any sense of immersion when exploring the new zones. When you are on the ground you have to ride through more dangerous areas, get next to alliance/horde etc.

Whereas, at thia point, most people already saw most of the zones, and much less people are doing WQ, so they give you flying back as convenience mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    I will gladly answer your question. On the release day when you have much more people online than now, blizzard is trying to create as many social interactions as possible (I am not saying they are good at doing it). And flying kills all interactions between players. Flying is killing wpvp, and any sense of immersion when exploring the new zones. When you are on the ground you have to ride through more dangerous areas, get next to alliance/horde etc.

Whereas, at thia point, most people already saw most of the zones, and much less people are doing WQ, so they give you flying back as convenience mechanic.
    Why can't you meet those people while casually cruising from WQ to WQ in the skies?

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Except he is refering to some posts on this site that stated the exact argument he said. Which he was refering to... soo...
    Psst, go back and read what I wrote again. Take your time, and let it sink in. I know English Comprehension isn't your strong suit, but I have faith in you.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That argument is only made by those who want flying so that they can skip everything that they should not skip.
    So we need to do all of the 99% of shit that all Xpacs ever since WoD does it because some idiots are too blind and envious of flying mounts?
    Nice logic pal

Sadly we will never see Wrath levels of Map development ever again, which had Flying Mounts in Mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have flying either and don't need it either. My 2 best essences are upgraded with neck progression and raid progression. The raid is right next to that flight path and you can glide half way to the instance.

Islands basically provide everything I need and a heroic island takes like 15 minutes depending on group.

The only thing I would really utilize flying for are world quests, so basically flying would be for manapearls. I don't care about Mechagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the 'too late' arguments come from a place where it feels like we're getting it later than is justified, not that there's nothing left to do. There's no reason we couldn't get a Pathfinder that is tied to why we can't fly (vs rep based achievements) and get it in the .1 patch vs .2.

Personally, I'm also very leery of them doing another "AHAHAH FUCK YOU, You don't get to fly in .3!" like they did with Argus.

It matters to me. The way it was handled in Legion was unacceptable to me, so I did not buy BFA. I will continue to not buy expansions if they keep the system the same. I am pretty sure I'm not the only player for whom this is the case.

The people who say flying doesn't matter, well, they probably don't care about it as much. The people who it upset have already left.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

If only there was a version of the game where flying wasn't a thing coming out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Psst, go back and read what I wrote again. Take your time, and let it sink in. I know English Comprehension isn't your strong suit, but I have faith in you.
    Yes its me who got a hard time comprehending english ^^

Whats up with those weird attacks of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I unlocked flying 2 to 3 days ago after having not played for most of the time this expansion has been out (only when free trials were up) and only started the rep grind for all of the factions at the start of this patch (God damn Turtles and Champions took longer than the rest). Lemme tell you flying really does matter for this expansion, it's liberating to do the content with flight now. I don't know how anyone has been able to keep playing this expansion for the last year without it.
    Amen. I have a biiig to do list now. Flying is the game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yep, I completed a ton of achievements and collections in both continents once I got flying, and it's amazing in Nazjatar and Mechagon.

ProTip(tm): The 500k exalted Mechagon mount doesn't get targeted by the aerial enforcers, making it well worth the money!

Really? This needs to be spelled out to you?

Flying is still useful to get. But, the time when people go out in the world the most is at the beggining of an expansion. Obviously...
    So, yes, it would see a lot more use if it was released then. You know... like normal mmo's that aren't filled with arrogant designers do. Flying being locked for almost a year until their excellencies deem acceptable for us dumb players to have it after our eyes bleed for their portfolio bragging needs.

Part 2 of the flying requirement is absolute BS and a complete insult to players.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-07-22 at 02:04 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main gripe with flying is that it takes away the immersion of running around under all the trees, you know, where the true immersion lies.

Before anyone says "well, run around then." I do, sometimes, but it is not remotely efficient, the game basically forces you to fly if you want to be remotely smart with your time.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My main gripe with flying is that it takes away the immersion of running around under all the trees, you know, where the true immersion lies.

Before anyone says "well, run around then." I do, sometimes, but it is not remotely efficient, the game basically forces you to fly if you want to be remotely smart with your time.
    So YOU need to decide what's more important to YOU... that immersion or time. But that's a decision that you should make *for yourself* and for those of us who care less about your immersion, we should have the option to simply fly.

In case it's not clear to you, the point I'm making is that if flight is in the game people like yourself have both options. When it's not, people who woold prefer to fly do NOT have that option. You're not hurt by it existing. Pro-flight folks are in fact limited ('hurt') by it not existing.

PS: It should not need to be said, but... it's also not like you can't decide different things at different times. YOu're not locked into flying all the time once you fly nor are you prevented from doing it. Enjoy the ground in Nazjatar and have the time to deal with it? Ride on the ground. Want to knock out some WQ stuff really fast before dinner? Fly.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-07-22 at 02:15 AM.