Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yep so Blizzard can put in mythic 450 itemlvl vendor for 20 gold. So now we have choice you can go progress raid or if you want save time you can buy it for little gold. Flying is not choice it never was and never will be. You use it or you are stupid.
    Of course it's a choice. No one is going to burst into your house and kill you if you don't fly.

My point is obvious to anyone who can actually think - if people REALLY prefer the experience of being on the ground, they CAN choose that. IF they choose flight instead they were either a) lying or b) weak-willed.

Also obvious is that they can fly when it's efficient, ride when they just want this experience they keep talking about. But don't keep saying 'but the experience on t he ground is SO MUCH BETTER" then fly. That's just hypocritical bullshit.

To your point - of course almost everyone will choose to fly if they can. So let's put this "but riding on the ground is so much better" line to bed and realize that it's a lie.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-07-22 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people keep missing the point of it. Flying is just a spice convenient nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Wut? 500.000 gold just so you don't have to touch ground for a split second?

Let's ignore the fact that even if you fly long enough so it actually aggroes i just keep flying and nothing happens... The no fly mechanic is a non issue in my experience.
    It isn't a non-issue. I would agree it is a minor issue, though.

As to whether it's worth the money, that depends on how deep your pockets are. I've still got over 12 million left after buying the auction brontosaurus. All "earned" from table missions in WoD and Legion. Point is it's more than just a cosmetic mount, which is worth pointing out.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-07-22 at 07:46 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I see this argument a lot.

"When we unlock flying its already too late into the expansion. Its at a point where it doesnt even matter"

Dont know about you guys, but i must do all World PvP quests to reach Conquest cap (because i dont do rated arenas)
    Today i had to kill 35 players, some in Voldun, some in Nazjatar.
    And i felt like total crap for being the only one on group without flying.

The ultimate humiliation was when in Nazjatar one guy had to use the "Taxi" flying mount on me, every single time, for 20 min.

I was lucky we had a nice soul on the group to "taxi" me around...but...from now on, all World PvP quests will be a nightmare for me every week

Disclaimer:
    Im not complaining i dont have flying. Im just saying its not "useless" at this point, which is the argument i see a lot.
    The concept of "useless" comes from the fact that all it does is what we were already doing but faster/easier. In TBC you needed flying to reach the mechanar instances up in the sky and shit like that, there was design that REQUIRED flying. There's none of that now, it offers no tangible practical use, it's just a quality of life buff. This patch should have come with content that is only available with flying.

Yes, that would have been much better. Aerial fortresses in Mechagon, floating water bubbles in Nazjatar, coulda been sweet.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So YOU need to decide what's more important to YOU... that immersion or time. But that's a decision that you should make *for yourself* and for those of us who care less about your immersion, we should have the option to simply fly.

In case it's not clear to you, the point I'm making is that if flight is in the game people like yourself have both options. When it's not, people who woold prefer to fly do NOT have that option. You're not hurt by it existing. Pro-flight folks are in fact limited ('hurt') by it not existing.

PS: It should not need to be said, but... it's also not like you can't decide different things at different times. YOu're not locked into flying all the time once you fly nor are you prevented from doing it. Enjoy the ground in Nazjatar and have the time to deal with it? Ride on the ground. Want to knock out some WQ stuff really fast before dinner? Fly.
    Yeah, no shit.
    No need to be an asshole. I literally said and I quote:

"Before anyone says "well, run around then." I do, sometimes, but it is not remotely efficient, the game basically forces you to fly if you want to be remotely smart with your time."

Read my whole post, dick, or don't reply at all. Now come down from your soapbox.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water