Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Blizzard is literally forcing you to play the "Candy Crush"

If you have quested through the Nazjatar,you must've noticed,that Blizzard added another mini game into the game. Additionally,to tortollan memory game and others,now you literally have to play the candy crush to complete the daily quest. As you know,candy crush is one of the mobile games that belongs to the Activision.

I would like to hear your thoughts,what do you think about this? I personally never played that mobile game. Additionally to that,I actually despised it and considered it as an plagiarism of the old "Bejeweled" from 20th century. That's what the Blizzard has come to,advertising it's other "top notch" quality "games",such as Call of Duty in the World of Wacraft and forcing other people to play it's stupid mobile games? World of Warcraft,one of the best games ever made has become a game,you casually play for 2 hours in the evening after work and move some stupid stones back and forth?

What I hate most about it, is just the color hardness. Im not too color blind but I struggle with red and green colors.

+ its piss boring. Hate world quests thats so badly designed its both slow and boring.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should look up the definition of "forcing" and "literally". These are world quests and, as such, are inherently skippable. If they piss you off so much, don't do it. Otherwise, it's some minor distraction from the usual "kill the named monster" quest. Nothing great, just different - and certainly nothing that's worth complaining about.

Blizzard aren't FORCING you to do it. It's optional for a measly 75 rep. IMO it takes 1 minute max to complete so its a non-issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    ActiBlizz own Candy Crush, it makes sense that they're trying to hook players into that gameplay loop in their other products.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Blizzard aren't FORCING you to do it. It's optional for a measly 75 rep. IMO it takes 1 minute max to complete so its a non-issue
    But it is included in an achivement...mmm But yes Ive started skipping many daylies, WQ's in both zones once I had flying.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I think you should look up the definition of "forcing" and "literally". These are world quests and, as such, are inherently skippable. If they piss you off so much, don't do it. Otherwise, it's some minor distraction from the usual "kill the named monster" quest. Nothing great, just different - and certainly nothing that's worth complaining about.
    Well,if you want to get the flying as fast as possible,you actually do the all possible WQ's. The question remains - why do I have to play a some mobile game to progress in the game,i'm actually paying for - World of Wacraft.

Well in BC there were actually addons for Bejeweled and Peggle that we used to play between pulls. Can't say I mind them though, bejeweled and the string one are ok, unlike the tortollan ones which, except for maybe the circle one, are so poorly done that they're aids.

It is however a little weird and pretty much "we can't come up with some nice and new gameplay so here, play these games instead of ours"
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

They are not forcing you to anything, and you can skip them anytime you like. Just like they are not forcing you to do pet battles.

That being said, I actually like them.
    What I did not like is they come without any explication. I never played Candy Crush or games like that before and had no idea what to do (especially on the first day where they asked you to complete x rows instead of just colors), and the game does not really explain itself.
    After a friend explained it to me and the nerf where you just need to eliminate the colors they are quite fun and I don't mind doing them.

I never did any world quest in bfa, didnt complete 1 zone or any world content. I'm still one of the highest geared on my server, nobody is forcing you to do anything. It's up to you what you believe is important in the game. I think beating raids and having high gear is important, no candy crush needed for that

They've just reused one of their puzzles from the big secret huntings. This sort of game is older than candy crush and I rather think it's due to reusing something they already programmed into the game for one of those hunts than trying to push candy crush to people.

I personally don't mind it because it fits the wq it's tied to. But I'm a puzzle guy so.. Shrug. I actually got disappointed when they nerfed it.

So nice to be exalted on both, I don't get forced to do anything. Heck why play this game if you are forced to do anything, aren't you playing because its fun? Do what you think is fun, skip what you think is boring af. You can get flying without those WQs, it just takes a day more or two.

That's some A+ conspiracy theorist hysteria there. The Bejeweled flight path mod existed long before Candy Crush existed. Personally I like them and the detangling one because they take 30 seconds at most and are a nice break from murdering 15 more naga. If it takes more critical thinking than you can handle then you're perfectly welcome to ignore them.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They've just reused one of their puzzles from the big secret huntings. This sort of game is older than candy crush and I rather think it's due to reusing something they already programmed into the game for one of those hunts than trying to push candy crush to people.

I personally don't mind it because it fits the wq it's tied to. But I'm a puzzle guy so.. Shrug. I actually got disappointed when they nerfed it.
    I did both the 5 in a row of certain color and 4 in a row with certain color before they nerfed it. To good for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Because it's part of Blizzards design. If you dislike it, feel free to voice your opinion on their official forum, or unsubscribe if you really dislike it that much. We all have parts of the game which we dislike. I personally like the small minigames from time to time. Blizzard can't make everyone happy.
    And that's what I'm doing,i'm expressing my opinion,that I'm not happy about the fact,that to progress in game I have to play some cheap plagiarism of a Bejeweled. None of you have to agree with me,that's my opinion.

What is this Candy Crush you speak of? I thought this was Bejeweled. I like it, it's a fun little extra game in the game. I was in no way 'literally forced' to do them. I actually skipped many quests and did only one of the two reps a day, and still got flying last monday.

If you feel the need to get flying the very first second it was possible, then yes, you are REQUIRED to do them (not forced, required!). It's a choice you make. There is no reason why getting flying a day later is problematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jumping jellies... Candy crush... Strings... Even pet battles (and i dont even have good pets)
    are much more preferable than all those rat-killing quests.
    Only because there is nothing challenging in the world, ever.
    And once you get flying it's even more boring.

You know what i dont get?
    Do they think people are literally stupid?
    Cause they took half of the WQs, turned them into "Daily Quests" and call it variety.
    Like.. it's the exact same thing, except... you also need to go pick them up and then deliver them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay classy mmoc, making shitty dramas out of everything.

Clearly Activision evil tentacles there trying to hook you up on Candy Crash. We must resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Jumping jellies... Candy crush... Strings... Even pet battles (and i dont even have good pets)
    are much more preferable than all those rat-killing quests.
    Only because there is nothing challenging in the world, ever.
    And once you get flying it's even more boring.

You know what i dont get?
    Do they think people are literally stupid?
    Cause they took half of the WQs, turned them into "Daily Quests" and call it variety.
    Like.. it's the exact same thing, except... you also need to go pick them up and then deliver them.
    Ofcourse they think that a WoW player is a stupid addict,who will pay for this game no matter how shitty they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    But it is included in an achivement...mmm But yes Ive started skipping many daylies, WQ's in both zones once I had flying.
    Achievements are optional

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,if you want to get the flying as fast as possible,you actually do the all possible WQ's. The question remains - why do I have to play a some mobile game to progress in the game,i'm actually paying for - World of Wacraft.
    Still not forced