Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    They don't want you to pug mythic cross realm early on, it's not very hard to figure this out.
    Early on? Are you kidding? I'm not talking day 1, I'm talking: while it's still current content - before release of the next raid tier.

Horde is at 120 guilds palace Mythic while Alliance is at 23.

This "requirement" is not only punishing Alliance (the dev's favorite occupation appartently) but also Horde players on low pop servers. Since the basic mythic strats are out within 2-3 weeks of release, what's the point of blocking cross realm with arbitrary requirements.

Just timegate this shit. 2 or 3 months after initial release is not too soon. It's not like there is any mystery or secret any longer since the mythic progess is streamed live nowadays anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Just timegate this shit. 2 or 3 months after initial release is not too soon. It's not like there is any mystery or secret any longer since the mythic progess is streamed live nowadays anyways.
    It was before hall of fame, and tbh both in tomb and in antorus it was timegated for very long time (more than half the tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It was before hall of fame, and tbh both in tomb and in antorus it was timegated for very long time (more than half the tier).
    If it was (I don't even raid, so I wouldn't know), why suddenly this arbitrary BS with the 100 of each faction must complete mythic Palace before Palace mythic cross realm can be unlocked?

I would bet on nobody at the devs office even knowing why, they probably just rolled a dice and thought, "you know what? 100 sounds cool, let's do it."

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd have to rework racials, but at that point you're just homogenizing the game. I play humans/dwarves and various alliance characters and I don't mind having a defensive based passive. There's times where stoneform comes in handy when I have a poison on me or if I'm playing my human and I get stunned from failing a mechanic. What you're complaining about is the top .00001%. If people are trying to minmax to the most, it makes sense why they'd go horde because their racials are catered more towards dps. That still isn't going to make or break a mythic guild. It only really matters if you're going for world first and need that extra little push. I don't think blizzard needs to do any balancing since there really isn't a need.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

If it was (I don't even raid, so I wouldn't know), why suddenly this arbitrary BS with the 100 of each faction must complete mythic Palace before Palace mythic cross realm can be unlocked?

I would bet on nobody at the devs office even knowing why, they probably just rolled a dice and thought, "you know what? 100 sounds cool, let's do it."
    Because they knew alliance is so dead it will take them the same 4 months to fill hall of fame to unlock it as when it was arbitrarily timegated. But now people instead of directing anger at Blizzard ("stop timegating my fun!") they're directing anger at alliance playerbase ("get your shit together and fill that hall of fame already!"), meanwhile more and more alliance players are sick of being the scapegoat of everything and either transfer horde, or quit.

Hall of fame was meant to incentivize people to play alliance by making the title easier for them. It had the opposite effect, it made laid bare how defunct is alliance raiding scene and made more alliance guilds transfer to horde or disband. It became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Truth is, Blizzard never had any intention of letting mythic be cross realm while the tier is still relevant. They always opened it very late or when the next patch hit. They gated it behind "100 alliance kills" exactly because they knew it won't get opened any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Truth is, Blizzard never had any intention of letting mythic be cross realm while the tier is still relevant. They always opened it very late or when the next patch hit. They gated it behind "100 alliance kills" exactly because they knew it won't get opened any faster.
    So basically what you are saying is that Blizzdard's motivation here is utter malevolence towards the playerbase. Well, nothing new to see here, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I have no idea how they can in any way turn this around. They have ignored the problem for 5+ years now and it has just gotten worse and worse. I'm still amazed by the complete ignorance they have had towards this issue in their game. They seem to have no problem stepping in when things are whack, but the faction imballance feels like no issue to them.

Atleast the latest development in Lore and the War Campaign seem to hint towards some sort of faction merge coming in 9.0.
    I guess that is our only hope now.
    Only solution i can think of is to remove the factions in an upcoming expansion.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

So basically what you are saying is that Blizzdard's motivation here is utter malevolence towards the playerbase. Well, nothing new to see here, then.
    Well, other than Antorus a current mythic raid has never been cross realm until BFA.

So really it's an added feature, and the "norm" is mythic cross realm doesn't happen at all while current.

If they don't wanna mythic be cross realm to "preserve realm communities" or w/e other reason, then we should've had many more merge waves than the zero we had since after MOP. Good 80% of the servers cannot sustain any serious mythic raiding population, but the only answer is to pay for transfer, or quit mythic progression. If Blizzard cared, they would have fixed the issue of dead realms instead of leaving them in the zombie state for 3 xpacs. I don't know if they have good will or not, but actions speak louder than words and their deeds so far is inaction and hiding head in the sand.

If we deleted factions then how does outdoor PvP actually work any more? Do BGs still keep the Horde v Alliance theme? Idk it seems like a massive amount of work for potentially a small gain.

But I would totally racechange my shaman from HMT to DID in a split second if it meant I could keep raiding with my Horde guild.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    That's easy. Disable racial traits in raid.
    That wouldn't work since people would still choose racial traits for PvP.

Either remove them completely and make races cosmetic only, or make it so you can switch racials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    If we deleted factions then how does outdoor PvP actually work any more? Do BGs still keep the Horde v Alliance theme? Idk it seems like a massive amount of work for potentially a small gain.

But I would totally racechange my shaman from HMT to DID in a split second if it meant I could keep raiding with my Horde guild.
    Maybe if they didn't remove factions, but just reworked them so that they're something more akin to guilds with a variety of different races from the old factions. Say like, for example instead of Horde and Alliance there is Blacksmith faction, Hunter faction, and Mage faction, and they can have any race or class from either Horde or Alliance. It could be more like origin stories and contribute to RP. It could also open doors for 3+ faction BG's while still leaving room for the same old 2 faction BG's, giving the developers a little bit of room for new ideas for BG's. If they make it so they can also have cross faction guilds in this system it might alleviate recruitment stress and not make it worse.

They would have to remove language barriers, though. Which would mean more mediating spats.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2019-09-22 at 12:51 PM.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    If you wanna raid seriously as ally, find a nice server with a couple of strong ally guilds and roll on it.
    Um... I do believe they’re doing just fine as a “serious” raiding guild at World 22nd...

factions vanishing means only one thing: The player base has become so low that they need to combine them.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

You have to do something about this Blizzard, instead of just keep ignoring The Alliance.
    I'm truely proud of the remaining raiders in my guild. Still standing strong till this day. While the Final Purge is lurking just around the corner.

/Signed by
    The Last Stand, Anduin's Chosen, Group Therapy and the Alliance in Europe:

Praying to the almighty Ion god won't do you any good. He doesn't grant wishes or gives help.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post

No need to delete them, just let people play both horde and alliance characters in a raid/m+/bg's and arena together. And be able to have both Horde and Alliance characters inside one guild as well.

I have no idea how they can in any way turn this around. They have ignored the problem for 5+ years now and it has just gotten worse and worse. I'm still amazed by the complete ignorance they have had towards this issue in their game. They seem to have no problem stepping in when things are whack, but the faction imballance feels like no issue to them.

Atleast the latest development in Lore and the War Campaign seem to hint towards some sort of faction merge coming in 9.0.
    I guess that is our only hope now.
    At what point are you going to accept that this is a user related issue and not development? The racials have been nerfed and homogenized to hell, to the point that they make a very minuscule difference. The reason the charts are dominated by one side is because the pool of raiders and mythic guilds are much bigger there and users are attracted to the big market.
    The mythic raider doesn't care about the lore or the story or being horde or alliance. All the mythic raiders are there because the market is there. Blizz can't fix this in anyway without breaking it worse, check what happened with WM and weekly quest bonuses on the alliance side. People just abused it for a quick gain and moved back to horde side.

There doesn't need to be faction balance. Mythic raiders chose Horde, forcing some onto Alliance is frankly an insane idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    They chose horde because of racials most likely. I've seen it myself too. Whenever I play on horde side with same class on equal ilvl, I do see a slight dps increase. So a little buffs to alliance racials to make them equally good should add blue to the rankings.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Mythic raiders chose Horde,
    Except Australia and China which proves it's more about jumping onto the bandwagon than Horde being "the superior faction". Enable cross faction play and problem solved, nobody cares which faction they're on, they just want to be in the bigger pile. So just make it 1 big pile.

Racials only matter for 5% of the guilds maybe, rest is sheep mentality "oh, best guilds are on Horde, we should be too", it came to the point even if there are Alliance guilds left, they're slowly dying out because no one wants to transfer to join them, even if they're not any worse than some other Horde guilds.