Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Arcane torrent needed nerf but shadowmeld is fine??

Arcane torrent got gutted because it was "too op for dungeons and m+" but I just watched a team of 5 nelf skip all the trash between boss 2-3 and 3-4 in motherlode during the mdi and crush the time of a +18.

Is it next on the nerf list, or is it fine because its not a popular horde race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowmeld is a combat drop only while arcane torrent is a mana gain and removes a buff from your target, and asking it to be nerfed is like saying vanish needs nerfing once rogue-heavy groups start facerolling keys. Please stop making it sound like practiced, skilled, planned M+ runs for a tourney are a measuring stick for what should be in live.

It's not fine but nerfing an already dead faction isn't that great either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its probably gonna get nerfed next xpac, similar how arcane torrent became from an interupt to a purge in bfa when it performed way too well in legion.

Though granted everyone already knew how op shadowmeld was in legion, so i was suprised they didnt nerf it in bfa aswell.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Arcane torrent is barely nerfed at all.
    Just instead of an AoE silence with mana recovery you have an AoE dispell with mana recovery.

As for shadowmeld.
    Its just a combat escape, and used as such.
    You are using a very specific scenario that barely ever happens at all to complain about it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Arcane torrent wasnt changed for 3 years and is still quite strong. Alliance is pretty dead faction, if anything, they should further buff alliance racials in order to bring more people over!

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    Shadowmeld is a combat drop only while arcane torrent is a mana gain and removes a buff from your target, and asking it to be nerfed is like saying vanish needs nerfing once rogue-heavy groups start facerolling keys. Please stop making it sound like practiced, skilled, planned M+ runs for a tourney are a measuring stick for what should be in live.
    Okay. I was just making sure that skipping half a dungeon is fine for a racial ability.

Please come back and complain about Shadowmeld once all these players that use it in the MDI also main Nelf OUTSIDE of the MDI for their regular day to day play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Please come back and complain about Shadowmeld once all these players that use it in the MDI also main Nelf OUTSIDE of the MDI for their regular day to day play.
    Yes, I forgot everyone mained Belf outside of MDI when AT was deemed too OP. It being OP and unfair in a professional invitational makes it even worse. Perfectly balanced, esport ready.

He's not asking for arcane torrent to be nerfed. It's hard to tell what your saying with your nonsensical compound sentences. Vanish is rogue-only (5 rogues is not a viable comp, so that completely invalidates the point I think your trying to make). Arcane torrent is in a good place now. It WAS nerfed previously from being an AoE silence+mana gain, which was totally OP in M+ (yet still not as strong as shadowmeld) and shadowmeld should have been nerfed via the same logic, but wasn't. Not saying to singularly nerf shadowmeld, but NE racials clearly need rebalancing overall.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-09-07 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Okay. I was just making sure that skipping half a dungeon is fine for a racial ability.
    I mean, you could just use pots to achieve the same result

Imagine being upset about some use of a racial in PVE when AT was fucking bonkers for like 30 years in pvp.

Wrong arcane torrent. It was nerfed because it was a free instant cast aoe silience.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Imagine being upset about some use of a racial in PVE when AT was fucking bonkers for like 30 years in pvp.
    Imagine posting about pvp in a thread about racial abilities in m+ and what justifies ones nerf vs the other in regards to its use in m+.

Yes, I forgot everyone mained Belf outside of MDI when AT was deemed too OP. It being OP and unfair in a professional invitational makes it even worse. Perfectly balanced, esport ready.
    Yes, everybody and their grandmother was and still IS maining Belf on Horde. Are you intentionally trying to seem ignorant? This game currently is ~80% Horde in ACTIVE players. Of those 80% the biggest portion plays Belf. All of those players who go Nelf for MDI would not touch Nelf outside of the MDI, because they don't give a fuck about the racial at all. The racial is COMPLETLY IRRELEVANT outside the MDI.

The Nelf racial gives you and edge in a timing competition against equally skilled players. Which is NOT what M+ is usually about. Usually it is about clearing the highest keys possible or clearing low keys as fast as possible. And for neither the Nelf racial is anywhere near the best racials in the game. Arcane torrent on the other hand WAS clearly the best racial for all of these cases.

Now i'm sure YOU care a lot about the MDI. But for the game it is more important to make more players roll anything but Belf on the servers the game is actually played on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Yes, everybody and their grandmother was and still IS maining Belf on Horde. Are you intentionally trying to seem ignorant? This game currently is ~80% Horde in ACTIVE players. Of those 80% the biggest portion plays Belf. All of those players who go Nelf for MDI would not touch Nelf outside of the MDI, because they don't give a fuck about the racial at all. The racial is COMPLETLY IRRELEVANT outside the MDI.

The Nelf racial gives you and edge in a timing competition against equally skilled players. Which is NOT what M+ is usually about. Usually it is about clearing the highest keys possible or clearing low keys as fast as possible. And for neither the Nelf racial is anywhere near the best racials in the game. Arcane torrent on the other hand WAS clearly the best racial for all of these cases.

Now i'm sure YOU care a lot about the MDI. But for the game it is more important to make more players roll anything but Belf on the servers the game is actually played on.
    That is not what it is about. You claim everyone is still blood elf, well that's because it is aesthetically pleasing at this point and not more OP. So if they cared about fixing balance they would have at least started with High elves instead of Void elves. You defend shadowmeld by saying it wouldn't help the faction imbalance as if Blizzard cares about the faction imbalance. And if no one plays night elf in game why would a shadowmeld nerf for the health of the MDI effect you at all?

IDK call me crazy, but the point of things like MDI is to enjoy watching players better than myself compete in m+ runs, and that becomes stupid when a team of 5 night elves just runs from boss to boss dropping all the mobs with shadowmeld. And according to you no one plays alliance and the racial is irrelevant outside MDI so why can't it be fixed for MDI?
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2019-09-07 at 09:48 PM.

Imagine posting about pvp in a thread about racial abilities in m+ and what justifies ones nerf vs the other in regards to its use in m+.
    Why would you be upset about its use in pve? Are you the leader of the npc collective bargaining union?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Arcane torrent is barely nerfed at all.
    Just instead of an AoE silence with mana recovery you have an AoE dispell with mana recovery.

As for shadowmeld.
    Its just a combat escape, and used as such.
    You are using a very specific scenario that barely ever happens at all to complain about it.
    did...you really just say an aoe silence change to a dispel is barely a nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Why would you be upset about its use in pve? Are you the leader of the npc collective bargaining union?
    As stated above, I enjoy watching MDI and it is incredibly unhealthy and boring to watch an OP racial ability trivialize whole dungeons as groups of Nelf run from boss to boss dropping all the trash with shadowmeld.

So instead of doing a death run and skipping the same half dungeon by sacrificing a battle rezz and 25s they play Nelf. Makes for a better MDI in my opinion. /shrug