Thread: Merged threads

Merged threads

When threads are merged together only the OP of that thread has the original title attached to it while anyone who replied to that thread has nothing to indicate what thread they originally replied to.

It makes the now merged thread sometimes confusing to read as quotes are removed and we have no idea exactly who is replying to who.

If possible please include post quotes from the original merged thread and/or include the original thread title as a header in each post from the original thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    An admin will need to address the thread title in the header, but I can state that merges don't remove post quotes. If a post doesn't have one, they never quoted the post they were replying to anyway. All a merge does is put the posts from one thread into another thread in chronological order.

In general, we try to only merge smaller threads that don't have a lot of replies to make this easier. If a thread is very long with a lot of posts, we usually just close the thread and point people to the other one, as merges can end up being disruptive to the flow of conversation and cause people to be lost. Obviously there are exceptions (it sounds like you found one) but these should be infrequent.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Thanks for the heads up, I guess the particular thread i'm thinking about just coincidentally didn't have anyone quote the OP.

Either way the thread headers would help a lot as the mega threads tend to have a lot of smaller threads merged into them and can make the discussion confusing to follow.