10+ Year Old Account

New to Resto Druid

As the titles states I am new to playing a Resto Druid.

I have a build from Icy Veins and a basic understanding so far but was wondering if anyone has any advanced tips or maybe trinkets to look out for. I am still trying to figure the essences and just got Bursting Seed of Life
    and im not really sure of it's use yet.

But yeah any help or tips would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I didn't get that essence because it's a little lackluster compared to others. I've also been playing moonkin this patch because paladins do my job better than I do at the moment. If you're still learning, I would definitely use Lucid Dream as your major essence, with Well of Eternity and/or Ever Rising Tide as your minor(s). This set up let's you cast without ever worrying about going oom (great for progression). Throw in a Living Spirit and you're going to feel pretty good in the mana department.

If you feel like you're finishing fights with tons of mana left, switch Ever Rising Tide to your major and practice casting that 5-10 seconds before big raid damage to take advantage of its buff. It's easily the best essence for lots of healers, with a steep tradeoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    I didn't get that essence because it's a little lackluster compared to others. I've also been playing moonkin this patch because paladins do my job better than I do at the moment. If you're still learning, I would definitely use Lucid Dream as your major essence, with Well of Eternity and/or Ever Rising Tide as your minor(s). This set up let's you cast without ever worrying about going oom (great for progression). Throw in a Living Spirit and you're going to feel pretty good in the mana department.

If you feel like you're finishing fights with tons of mana left, switch Ever Rising Tide to your major and practice casting that 5-10 seconds before big raid damage to take advantage of its buff. It's easily the best essence for lots of healers, with a steep tradeoff.
    Thanks a lot. I will keep the setup that gets you more mana since I am still having mana issues. Im not going oom but i get close and I know with practice I will get better on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I personally run with Major Ever-Rising Tides and Seeds as Minor since I practiced managing my mana usage to comfortable level. My suggestion if you are having mana issues during the fight is to go full mana azerite traits (Major Memories of Lucid Dream and minor Ever-Rising Tide), You could then swap them around and try to learn how and when to maximize the usage of Ever-Rising Tide.

Seeds is really a nice additional "free" healing, and if you can get it at rank 3 then it really will help you even if if the ticks are kinda low. My seeds which is only rank 2 heal for 350k to 850k so far depend on the fight.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

check https://www.dreamgrove.gg/ for more information

i would also recommend to follow the restoration druid discord channel
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Do timewalking while it's still up! Free 395+ items.

Play around a lot in LFR while you are still getting your keybindings sorted out. If you have not make sure that you have either mouse over macros or an healing unit frames addon that does a similar idea. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by going to ICY Veins. As someone above mentioned definitely check out the discord. If you are even semi competent you will shine as a healer (I am always shocked when I put stuff how bad many other Resto druids are meaning if they had just spent 5 minutes reading ICY Veins they would be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    check https://www.dreamgrove.gg/ for more information

i would also recommend to follow the restoration druid discord channel
    Beat me to it! Dreamgrove is amazing...we have a phenomenal class community