Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    We are still feeling the effects of WoD and Legion gold inflation, and anything blizzard does to improve the gold supply will only make the effects last longer. The best thing they have done is the mounts that cost absurd amounts like the 5million gold mount. Keep making fun, useful products like that and we will destroy our gold for it. That is how you deflate the rich while not affecting the poor at all.
    Exactly right, you want to take money away from the super-rich while not hurting the poor. Regressive vs progressive economic policies.

    The WoW economy is slowly recovering from WoD/Legion disastrous inflation, but many players that borderline exploited gold missions in those expansions like me still have many, many, millions of gold. I already bought the 5 million mount and yet money doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't waste the time to bend over to pick up 1000 gold but we have world quests rewarding 150 gold. That isn't good, because I have zero incentive to play that content. Blizzard needs to get my money out of the economy.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Supply and demand. I sell a lot of leathers (Heavy version, aka Heavy Knothide leather), ppl are to lazy to post it themselfs.

    But it also depends on your realm. My high pop its good to do it...through a lot worse since blizzard ruined mats deposit price So annoying even when you post 20 at a time it cost a lot.
    No new player could pay these high prices for legacy mats which basically says there almost no players in the game who are bothering to level characters the long way. Meaning only established players are in the market. That's getting close to mid way down the slippery slope to oblivion.

  3. #43

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    it is amazing how few people actually try to sell stuff.
    Try sell stuff. Stuff doesnt sell. Relist it. Still doesnt sell. Try again? Still doesnt sell.
    Give up. Buy a token. :P

  5. #45
    they are worst than private servers

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The reason the price hasn't trended down is because almost no one is left playing. There aren't hordes of people out there farming mats.
    This is probably the biggest reason prices are higher. However, if you're a self-sufficient person and just farm your own mats as you need them, now is a great time to farm as there's barely anyone out there farming. Right now, I can even be in non-War Mode and almost always have no farming competition for herbs in Nazjatar.

    I have a friend that typically multiboxes herbs/ore, and he tends to stick to a subscription cycle where he'll sub for a month or two them let the sub time lapse. Basically, he plays to build up gold and plays the new content, and once he's done with the content for the patch cycle I won't see him until just before the new patch goes out. As someone already mentioned, demand for the herbs isn't that high right now due to the current time in the patch cycle, so people that live and breath the AH probably won't move as much product as right around a new patch launch. In terms of effort, even with the higher prices we're seeing right now, it's more cost effective to sell just before and at the beginning of a new patch (and raid content) just from the sheer volume you can move since demand is super high for mats.

    While I don't typically AH much, I tend to focus right at the start of an expansion since all the mats are newer because the time investment to make loads of gold is very minimal. On my server, I was selling stacks of Anchor Weed for 250k a stack at the start of the expansion, and now my gold amount is so high that I don't need to play the AH for the rest of the expansion. My method is probably one of the simplest versions of playing the AH, but the same principle of least amount of time invested to make the most money still applies to the market right now.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Exactly right, you want to take money away from the super-rich while not hurting the poor. Regressive vs progressive economic policies.

    The WoW economy is slowly recovering from WoD/Legion disastrous inflation, but many players that borderline exploited gold missions in those expansions like me still have many, many, millions of gold. I already bought the 5 million mount and yet money doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't waste the time to bend over to pick up 1000 gold but we have world quests rewarding 150 gold. That isn't good, because I have zero incentive to play that content. Blizzard needs to get my money out of the economy.
    You say that they need to get money out of the economy, then say you feel no incentive to do a quest that rewards 150g. Sounds like the system is working to me.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    Try sell stuff. Stuff doesnt sell. Relist it. Still doesnt sell. Try again? Still doesnt sell.
    Give up. Buy a token. :P
    this is the problem. Every single market has a so much higher supply than demand.. because of this stupid scrapbot.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    Try sell stuff. Stuff doesnt sell. Relist it. Still doesnt sell. Try again? Still doesnt sell.
    Give up. Buy a token. :P
    If you can't make gold in this game, it's your fault.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You say that they need to get money out of the economy, then say you feel no incentive to do a quest that rewards 150g. Sounds like the system is working to me.
    I don't even know how to respond to a post like this. Were you making a joke?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't even know how to respond to a post like this. Were you making a joke?
    Just seems kind of weird to me. You say they need to remove money from the economy. Around the same time you say that quests even worth 2,000g seem beneath your notice to do. Don't you, in a roundabout way, remove money from the economy by not doing said quests and letting them expire, therefore ensuring that less money enters the economy. Seems Blizz has found a way to combat the inflation so much, if the people with the most money don't even bother to go out and earn more.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Just seems kind of weird to me. You say they need to remove money from the economy. Around the same time you say that quests even worth 2,000g seem beneath your notice to do. Don't you, in a roundabout way, remove money from the economy by not doing said quests and letting them expire, therefore ensuring that less money enters the economy. Seems Blizz has found a way to combat the inflation so much, if the people with the most money don't even bother to go out and earn more.
    he's saying that he has so much gold that there's no reason for him to ever farm gold or do quests that reward gold.. what he's saying that they should somehow make it so he would want to spend his money or get rid of his money and then would have no way of ever farming as much gold ever again

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    he's saying that he has so much gold that there's no reason for him to ever farm gold or do quests that reward gold.. what he's saying that they should somehow make it so he would want to spend his money or get rid of his money and then would have no way of ever farming as much gold ever again
    While I kind of agree, Blizzard has tried doing this with things like expensive mounts. In doing so, they’ve had loud outcry from players (here in mmo-c anyways) of people crying foul and upset they can’t afford them.
    With the gold already in game, it’s almost impossible for Blizzard to find a way to control itz

  14. #54
    There're significantly less bots.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    he's saying that he has so much gold that there's no reason for him to ever farm gold or do quests that reward gold.. what he's saying that they should somehow make it so he would want to spend his money or get rid of his money and then would have no way of ever farming as much gold ever again
    Yeah, I get that. I was just being pendantic and stating that having so much money that you don't feel the need to go out and keep more is, in a roundabout way, removing money from the economy by virtue of it not being added when it otherwise would be. Apparently he didn't get the joke.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,986
    retail econ is out of control and has been for a long time..
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral Chemii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,085
    The top end have too much gold and can flip the entire AH if they want to. That drives the prices up generally, though I have known people who push it down deliberately, it is very rare.

    That and people just aren't playing that much at the moment. Supply & demand.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    As long as people are buying those flasks for 1k, people will keep selling them for that. End of story. Prices drop when people don't buy things.
    Nah, people just stop selling stuff when it doesn't sell or seems to go for "unworthy" prices.

    Contrary to irl where you NEED income to not starve and pay your taxes, in wow casuals can go on zero income and basically don't bother with AH if the returns aren't lucrative. They can also buy gold. They can also do an emissary that awards 2k gold guaranteed or get paragon box with 3-4k gold instead of dabbling with AH, because the most demoralizing stuff is seeing 90% of your wares go unsold and have to sort your inventory every day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    Try sell stuff. Stuff doesnt sell. Relist it. Still doesnt sell. Try again? Still doesnt sell.
    Give up. Buy a token. :P
    Also remember the longer the items remain unsold, the more gold you "lost" in relisting fees, especially after they fucked up the trading mats deposits, nobody bothers to post obscure mats anymore.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Exactly right, you want to take money away from the super-rich while not hurting the poor. Regressive vs progressive economic policies.

    The WoW economy is slowly recovering from WoD/Legion disastrous inflation, but many players that borderline exploited gold missions in those expansions like me still have many, many, millions of gold. I already bought the 5 million mount and yet money doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't waste the time to bend over to pick up 1000 gold but we have world quests rewarding 150 gold. That isn't good, because I have zero incentive to play that content. Blizzard needs to get my money out of the economy.
    or maybe people could play game.

    im super lazy this expansion . cba to do AH stuff and by just playing game i passively made over 1 mln gold.

    nah - its better to complain.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    As someone coming back into the game, I noticed mats and potions are insanely expensive. 1,000 gold for a single flask is insane. When you realize a stack is 20k, and a stack of potions is 5k gold. I mean I guess if you have a decent geared alt you can farm for the stuff, but I guess with the removal of gold gaining Order Halls in Legion, to me.. 20k is a lot of gold. And being a more casual player, I'm spending my time usually getting gear and doing the emissary every 3 days and you can maybe make 2-3k in that time and pushing some Mythic+ so that's when I normally use the flasks and potions.

    Question is why is this happening? Couldn't blizzard lessen the materials cost to rectify? Or is this how it's going to be with wow tokens and gold selling runs? Or is it just the start of a new raid tier so guilds are buying up mats in bulk? Just curious.
    supply and demand. there are those that inflate the prices because fewer people are farming/making them. put more on the ah and prices will drop.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •