Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
It's just that someone in Blizzard back in Cata thought that having two factions with both good and bad things in each was too hard to write or too complex for marketing issues, who knows - and they turned the Horde into a Saturday morning cartoon villain, a real parody of their WC3/early WoW self. The opposite happened to the Alliance, which was progressively whitewashed and bleached until it became the bland, self-righteous, homogeneous and squeaky clean blob of today.

As for the bolded part, it would be essentially the same situation of today but with inverted roles. I wouldn't like that either tbh.
And it's not like we did not have some warmongers in the Alliance and some people who strive for peace in the Horde. They are just ignored by Blizzard when it's inconvenient for their narrative of the impeccable Alliance and the bad Horde. If I would want that, I would be playing LOTRO or SW:TOR. The big appeal of WoW for me was always the ambivalence of both factions, a light and a dark side in both, even in every one of their races, sometimes splitting even families, like Jaina and her father. Solidifying races and factions on one side of the spectrum robs the story of many interesting things, and at some point, it stops being a story at all. Then we just have a war simulation. And I am not here for that, either.