Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cause reposting stuff is annoying and nobody wants to bother with it. Also, seems like you are doing price resets wrong and losing a ton of margin, sounds like amateur hour Mr 7 months paid and $250 account balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    4500 was good for Hexweave bags.. Back in WoD.

It's like how Imbued Netherweave bags could sell for 1k each back in BC (Huge amount then), but barely 50g in WotLK.

Move on. Hexweave Bags are extremely easy to make now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont care to make maximum profit, they just want quick money.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

before you act so smart i would advise you to visit some basic economics course

ps higher price is not equal more profit.

maybe you are undercutting them all the f time? I check AH once a day. If someone is doing undercutting everyday after i place my items they wont sell. I dont waste time with that bullshit, after a few failed sell attemps i just do a big undercut.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have undercut in the past for thousands of gold. Not because I wanted to be kind to buyers (I like making money too), but because the other prices were unreasonable. For example, I had a pattern that I posted for 200g. No one would buy it. I picked it up from my mailbox to put it on at 150, and I see another guy has put it up for 3000g. The thing wasn't worth 1/10 of that, so I just carried on putting it on for 150g.

This time it sold instantly. If a buyer sees an overpriced item along with the same item but reasonably priced, they will buy the latter thinking they got a deal, even if that discounted price would have qualified as a normal price for the item in question under other circumstances.

In other words, sellers exploited your prices to make their own look way more appetizing. You had a plan, but theirs was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I have been the primary supplier of Hexweave Bags on my tiny server for the past several years. I have also dabbled in the other easily crafted bags as the expansions have come and gone in order to be involved in the secondary markets. These are not the only things I do/sell on the AH, but it is a large chunk of my profits. I have 18 toons sitting in their garrisons and by my estimates I provide about 60-70% of all the Hexweave Bags on the server. According to the undermine journal I was the #1 seller and the #4 seller, Horde and Alliance sides respectively for Hexweave Bags.

My philosophy for the AH is sell what everyone needs, and everyone needs bags. Seeing as I'm doing this to make gold, I will occasionally buy up and reset when conditions are favorable in order to keep the average price up. My reset price is 4500, which is absurd for a bag yes, but I don't expect them to sell for that price. I just want every Joe Schmoe's auction addon to get that price point in and bring the average up so when then invariably get undercut by people who know nothing about how to make a profit I can at least get some sales in the decent price range.

My beef comes from people undercutting by such wildly random and huge jumps. Say I reset to 4500, within an hour it's already down to 1800, and within another hour it's down to 1000. If everyone stopped undercutting by these ridiculous amounts we could all make a bit more gold. This is like in A Beautiful Mind, the game theory in the bar stuff, if everyone plays nice we all get to get lucky, whereas if we all trip and stab each other we all go home to a date with Rosie Palms.

I can only come up with two reasons someone would undercut 4500 to 1800. Either they don't think they can sell at 4500 and they thing I'm a greedy bastard for posting them that high and they are being all Robin Hood undercutting to the "real price", or their AH addon is set up to post at the "average" price and they just don't care enough about making gold.

I'm just a bit more salty about it of late as all week some rando with 50 bags has been dumping all of his load at once. I would never post that many at once b/c I'm not wasting all that gold on deposits when there is no chance you can sell that many, and I'm not going to buy up that many to reset. I'm obviously in this for the long haul. I have 2 accounts and my wife has 1 that we have not paid for with real dollars since tokens came out. Accounts are all paid for 7+ months and still have $250 in bnet balance. I'm just sitting there the few times I check AH throughout the day flabbergasted at what must be going through some of these people's heads when they are "playing the AH". I feel like I've stumbled upon a toddler who thinks he's playing the big boy game, when in actuality he's just shitting all over the Clue board and going "pewpew" with the revolver while saying Captain Ketchup did it.
    Their mentality is, "Priced to sell" they don't want to play the "AH Game" of undercutting by a copper,reposting, undercutting again. They set their priece low to just move product, or low enough that "AH Flippers" will buy it and play the game.

I am at a point where I don't care about gold, so I just flood the market with 50-80% of value, Blizzard has not enough opportunities to use token. I already own all their games even though I have never played Overwatch or SC2, I just bought the deluxe editions for goodies. Gold is meaningless at this point. WoD with 20 alts getting gold set me for life. If I was a hearthstone player I could use more gold, but I am not so there is no use buying packs with WoW gold. Honestly, I have played WoD exclusively for the garrison, there was just nothing to do and I complained. So I leveled every class on every faction to max and played the garrison game. In hindsight this was pretty great. WoD was a chill gold making expansion for me. =D
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-07-29 at 02:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I generally undercut by 33% of the Avg. Since I like my things to sell quickly.

Honestly I have better things to do with my time than camp the AH in case my things get undercut. You'll have some players there the entire time they're logged on so if you do a small undercut it's instantly undercut by them. So i'll just drop the price, I want my stuff sold for a reasonable price, don't care about making maximum profit possible. Only exception to this is when the item is absurdly low compared to what it usually goes for, then I'll just hold off until it normalises again.

Ah the greedy goblins ! So keen to chant the virtues of irl "Free market regulating itself" and "Trickle economy"! So fast to cry when in game AH isn't played by their rule !

Gold in wow is of very low value. Once you've paid pot/flask/food and the occasional LQE/Mount there is no need for it. Hence why so many players just don't care. They just want to empty their bags of whatever mats/craft they aquired alongside their natural playing.
    You can take advantage of such players but It's all in your little economic game they just aren't playing. So every body is happy. Except you, when you break into a tantrum because you don't understand their behavior through the spectrum of your own logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I have been the primary supplier of Hexweave Bags on my tiny server for the past several years. I have also dabbled in the other easily crafted bags as the expansions have come and gone in order to be involved in the secondary markets. These are not the only things I do/sell on the AH, but it is a large chunk of my profits. I have 18 toons sitting in their garrisons and by my estimates I provide about 60-70% of all the Hexweave Bags on the server. According to the undermine journal I was the #1 seller and the #4 seller, Horde and Alliance sides respectively for Hexweave Bags.

My philosophy for the AH is sell what everyone needs, and everyone needs bags. Seeing as I'm doing this to make gold, I will occasionally buy up and reset when conditions are favorable in order to keep the average price up. My reset price is 4500, which is absurd for a bag yes, but I don't expect them to sell for that price. I just want every Joe Schmoe's auction addon to get that price point in and bring the average up so when then invariably get undercut by people who know nothing about how to make a profit I can at least get some sales in the decent price range.

My beef comes from people undercutting by such wildly random and huge jumps. Say I reset to 4500, within an hour it's already down to 1800, and within another hour it's down to 1000. If everyone stopped undercutting by these ridiculous amounts we could all make a bit more gold. This is like in A Beautiful Mind, the game theory in the bar stuff, if everyone plays nice we all get to get lucky, whereas if we all trip and stab each other we all go home to a date with Rosie Palms.

I can only come up with two reasons someone would undercut 4500 to 1800. Either they don't think they can sell at 4500 and they thing I'm a greedy bastard for posting them that high and they are being all Robin Hood undercutting to the "real price", or their AH addon is set up to post at the "average" price and they just don't care enough about making gold.

I'm just a bit more salty about it of late as all week some rando with 50 bags has been dumping all of his load at once. I would never post that many at once b/c I'm not wasting all that gold on deposits when there is no chance you can sell that many, and I'm not going to buy up that many to reset. I'm obviously in this for the long haul. I have 2 accounts and my wife has 1 that we have not paid for with real dollars since tokens came out. Accounts are all paid for 7+ months and still have $250 in bnet balance. I'm just sitting there the few times I check AH throughout the day flabbergasted at what must be going through some of these people's heads when they are "playing the AH". I feel like I've stumbled upon a toddler who thinks he's playing the big boy game, when in actuality he's just shitting all over the Clue board and going "pewpew" with the revolver while saying Captain Ketchup did it.
    It's just lack of knowledge. You can use this to pretty much take over the market if you have enough capital and know when to buy. It does take some knowledge of course but in the end it's not much different from real life investements and if you know the market better than the other sellers you're in a good spot.

What you're describing here is not a problem for you in the long run, it's a golden opportunity. Use it!

As a final note, be carefull not to own the complete market, every type of item becuase Blizzard will jump in and ruin your fun if you get too much of an upper hand. You might very well have your items and gold taken away without them caring what so ever.

"I try to control the market and sell stuff for ridiculous prices but other players engage in my market and sell their stuff for fair prices"

Oh fuck off, will you?

I don't see what the problem is.

There is no "too cheap" from undercutters. If you think something is too too cheap just buy everything and relist. Easy gold, no? Instead of being happy to get cheap stuff to flip you complain, I really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    As a final note, be carefull not to own the complete market, every type of item becuase Blizzard will jump in and ruin your fun if you get too much of an upper hand. You might very well have your items and gold taken away without them caring what so ever.
    Waow, would you care to elaborate ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I sell them for 950 gold on my server, what are you going to do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

In any case, undercutting with more than 5% is idiotic if you want gold. But hey, not everyone want gold, more to the rest of us. I see people undercut with 1000-2000% myself, and quite often, but then you just buy it and repost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    He probably heard scary stories about people getting banned for buying out the AH in 2008
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-27

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Comes from a couple of things 1 is because it's made from there mats they assume it's 100% profit without thinking of the cost in time it took for said mats.

The second is the want for something quickly. So seeing an auction for 4k gold so in turn thinking "If I list this for 3k it will sell quickly". So really just trying to get a quick turn around.
    The problem with that kind of thinking is not realizing that if someone needs said item they will buy it regardless as long as its cheaper than all the others listed. So if I needed an item and an item was listed for 1 sliver cheaper than the one for 4k I would buy that one. These people are losing out on 1k gold when they undercut so drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    They litteraly won't allow you to own the market completely. Been warned a few times and have had some items taken away. Was years ago though when I had a bit more (too much) time to put into it. It makes sense though and similar restrictions are in place in real life but they aren't as clear in WoW I guess. It's pretty much up to Blizzard to determine if you are going too far or not.

Also, it was easier to manipulate the server economy back then for a lot of reasons.