Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb New character models choice solution suggestion

So since the playerbase seems to be split almost fifty fifty on this topic, those who are saying no are simply saying it because they do not wanna look like something they did not have a say in choosing themselves. What if we get to choose 2 looks at the same time, one for the classic models and one for the modern models at the same time?

This system is already in place and there is no need to spend any resources on it by the dev team other than making some tweaks to it. We see it when creating a Worgen/Human combination.

Would you guys like to have this feature implemented on classic character creation at the start of classic? They still have time to squeeze this in.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    So since the playerbase seems to be split almost fifty fifty on this topic, those who are saying no are simply saying it because they do not wanna look like something they did not have a say in choosing themselves. What if we get to choose 2 looks at the same time, one for the classic models and one for the modern models at the same time?

This system is already in place and there is no need to spend any resources on it by the dev team other than making some tweaks to it. We see it when creating a Worgen/Human combination.

Would you guys like to have this feature implemented on classic character creation at the start of classic? They still have time to squeeze this in.
    Someone responded to this post via a private message saying that new models do not belong to classic..etc. Well, the overall world itself can be toggled between classic and retail, why not do the same for player/npc models too?

10+ Year Old Account
    50/50? I don´t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    50/50? I don´t think so.
    Either way..it'd be optional. And those who choose retail graphics would obviously be OK with their animations otherwise they can always revert to classic models for players/npc graphics.

Either way..it'd be optional. And those who choose retail graphics would obviously be OK with their animations otherwise they can always revert to classic models for players/npc graphics.
    so why do retail fans get to invade classic and make all sorts of changes but we can't change retail to appeal to classic fans?

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    so why do retail fans get to invade classic and make all sorts of changes but we can't change retail to appeal to classic fans?
    Because retail is classic with the result of additions.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    by that logic retail shouldn't get to invade classic at all.
    we've seen what happens when you make additions to wow. subs have been declining for how long?
    meanwhile the game saw constant and clear growth throughout all of vanilla and bc.

by that logic retail shouldn't get to invade classic at all.
    we've seen what happens when you make additions to wow. subs have been declining for how long?
    meanwhile the game saw constant and clear growth throughout all of vanilla and bc.
    Nobody is invading anybody else lol...what kind of logic is this!

As far as I'm concerned, it is the same game. All we really are doing is time traveling to another era of WoW. Let players enjoy this with modern graphics please and you enjoy your classic graphics. Win-Win.

The only ones forcing their ways onto others are the NO sayers.

Nobody is invading anybody else lol...what kind of logic is this!

As far as I'm concerned, it is the same game. All we really are doing is time traveling to another era of WoW. Let players enjoy this with modern graphics please and you enjoy your classic graphics. Win-Win.

The only ones forcing their ways onto others are the NO sayers.
    sure. as soon as you start making changes to retail to appeal to old school fans.
    you want to change classic, to appeal to those who like new.
    well make changes to new, to appeal to those who like classic.

contact me when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Rich retail players are spending millions of gold on CLASSIC TEXTURED GEAR SETS in retail, using them as permanent xmogs. The idea of textures not fitting in with each other is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Rich retail players are spending millions of gold on CLASSIC TEXTURED GEAR SETS in retail, using them as permanent xmogs. The idea of textures not fitting in with each other is just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    if retail is so dang great, why is it bleeding subs?
    if retail is so dang great, why are people calling this the worst or second worst expansion ever made?

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    The #NoChanges brigade will be spinning around in circles flapping their arms and making quacking noises after finally going mad.

sure. as soon as you start making changes to retail to appeal to old school fans.
    you want to change classic, to appeal to those who like new.
    well make changes to new, to appeal to those who like classic.

contact me when it happens.
    Propose good ones and I'm sure only a (vocal) minority will object.

if retail is so dang great, why are people calling this the worst or second worst expansion ever made?
    Kind of beside the point, but first and formost, fatigue. The game has been running for 15 years. There are millions of people on this planet who have never lived in a world where WoW doesn't exist.
    Retail has plenty of issues, mostly with the lore currently, but it is still leagues better than vanilla ever was. The only thing vanilla had that was inarguably better than retail was a sense of novelty, and the scale of the world itself. An argument can be made for talent trees.

Not here to argue or look down on anything or anyone...just trying to peacefully make a suggestion lol...

The game was “bleeding subs” in vanilla, TBC, and WotLK as well. People leaving the game isn’t a problem as long as more people are joining. The question is why aren’t new players wanting to start playing a 15 year old game, and the answer is right there; it’s an old ass game for a genre that has relatively low appeal nowadays.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How do you know it's bleeding?

Cranky's are gonna crank. Vocal minority, silent majority and all that.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Propose good ones and I'm sure only a (vocal) minority will object.

Kind of beside the point, but first and formost, fatigue. The game has been running for 15 years. There are millions of people on this planet who have never lived in a world where WoW doesn't exist.
    Retail has plenty of issues, mostly with the lore currently, but it is still leagues better than vanilla ever was. The only thing vanilla had that was inarguably better than retail was a sense of novelty, and the scale of the world itself. An argument can be made for talent trees.
    the game isn't 15 years old though. if it was still played like Vanilla it would be 15 years old. but current wow isn't even close to vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The game was “bleeding subs” in vanilla, TBC, and WotLK as well. People leaving the game isn’t a problem as long as more people are joining. The question is why aren’t new players wanting to start playing a 15 year old game, and the answer is right there; it’s an old ass game for a genre that has relatively low appeal nowadays.
    it had more subs incoming over what it was losing during vanilla and bc. wrath it was more or less breaking even. since that point it has lost more than it gained.

as long as I'm able to use to old, true models, I'm fine with it

Sure, I really don't see the issue with new models being there as an option, even if it would look out of place in a world with old lighting etc.

People used third party software that altered your model (for you only, so there was no real in game consequences for using this "bot"), so I assume people who really want cool new models will get them anyway. I knew a guy who was race chaning his Night Elf to Draenei like this way into MoP.

And if a LOT of players use this software to alter models then Blizzard would eventually have to add new models to Classic sooner or later.