Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

PSA: Do not buy Wolfenstein Youngblood.

In Short they stripped out everything that has made the last two games great. Replaced it with RPG shit and microtransactions in the hope that you spend money on it.

They went full EA/Ubisoft on the game and it shows. Everything that is enjoyable about the series is locked behind a level requirement and the grind is fucken boring. The side quests are dull and have you repeating area's over and over. Even on the most easy setting if a enemy is a few levels above you they can outright 1 shot you.

Currently you can only buy Cosmetic's with the gold bars but even the steam page shows that in the future you will buy power with the MTX's.

Its a fucken shame cause I love this series but to see it in such a bastardized state is depressing.

Fuck Bethesda for ruining another title.

I was legit hyped for this series and now I'm depressed to see it in a bastardized state. I want the series to live but if this is how its going to be then I rather they take it out back and put a bullet in it.

Edit: Also the AI is trash, This is the worse AI I have seen in a game in years.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-07-29 at 08:15 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Given the direction the company has followed over the past few years, I am no longer interested in TES6.

"Come at me, you white-ass nazis!" - said a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Given the direction the company has followed over the past few years, I am no longer interested in TES6.
    Doom Eternal is my glummer of hope but I"m not holding my breath at this point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Doom Eternal is my glummer of hope but I"m not holding my breath at this point.
    Doom is not made by the same studio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    But it has same publisher and it has some power to change things.

Just to get you the general idea why this game is kinda bad:

Metacritic Metascore: 7.6
    Metacritic User Score: 2.7

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Doom has the same Publisher and they own the company...

- - - Updated - - -

I rarely agree with a review fully but Delrith hit the nail on the head in this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what?

The games are not made by the same game studio in any capacity, just the same publisher. It literally has nothing to do with TES6. Morrowind was great. Oblivion was great. Skyrim was great. No reason to believe TES6 won't be great, too.

TES is Bethesda Game Studios. Wolfenstein is ARKANE and machinegun. Couldn't be more different.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom has the same Publisher and they own the company...

- - - Updated - - -

I rarely agree with a review fully but Delrith hit the nail on the head in this one.

I actually just got through watching both that one and the Jimquisition one. Definitely staying away from this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Lol, what?

The games are not made by the same game studio in any capacity, just the same publisher. It literally has nothing to do with TES6. Morrowind was great. Oblivion was great. Skyrim was great. No reason to believe TES6 won't be great, too.

TES is Bethesda Game Studios. Wolfenstein is ARKANE and machinegun. Couldn't be more different.
    @Jtbrig7390 already laid out why we should be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    And Arkane/Machinegun is owned by Zenmax/Bethesda and lets not forget Bethesda made Fallout 76.

If Bethesda says jump Arkane/Machinegun says how high. Bethesda isn't shying away from how money hungry they are and all of their recent games is showing this.

Can't wait to see what MTX's is in Doom Eternal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I actually just got through watching both that one and the Jimquisition one. Definitely staying away from this game.
    Ya I was hyped for it cause I love the series (bought the VR spin-off as well). Really sad to see how shitty this game was handled.

Wish players would flat out stop supporting these practices, not buying. But as long as there's 'whales' about they'll keep doing it...

They hype the game so much with all that marketing to pull this off in the end, sickening. Glad I didn't bother with the game.

But there'll be the DLC Horse Armour v3.0 !
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-07-29 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wish players would flat out stop supporting these practices, not buying. But as long as there's 'whales' about they'll keep doing it...
    After this if I want to buy a game with Zenmax or Bethesda's name on it I'm buying it used or not at all.

They won't be getting a dime from me anymore, seeing how they are not shying away from how money grabby they want to be.

I doubt it, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I doubt it, but okay.
    Well history is showing Bethesda is trying to milk as much money as they can.

Why would TES6 be any different. Oblivion started the MTX shit with horse armor, If you don't think TES6 will be riddled with MTX's your in denial.

Stop buying that shit. But people apparently want it, or they wouldn't buy it. Jimpressions showed you can buy gold for skins... who gives a shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Well history is showing Bethesda is trying to milk as much money as they can.

Why would TES6 be any different. Oblivion started the MTX shit with horse armor, If you don't think TES6 will be riddled with MTX's your in denial.
    I doubt they made much money off Horse Armor. Syrim had what, expanisons and that was it? The horror! None of the Fallouts or TES serie had much in the way of actual MTX outside of FO76 which is some type of MMO/FPS hybrid thing.

Sorry, but I will buy and play a game that has greedy moneygrabs if the game itself is good. I don't really mind micro-transactions as long as they aren't required to make the game fun. I won't spend a fortune on cool hats. I love the wolfenstein franchise, and I will play this game if that was the only thing wrong with it. I haven't read any reviews yet, so we'll see.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    S doubt they made much money off Horse Armor. Syrim had what, expanisons and that was it? The horror! None of the Fallouts or TES serie had much in the way of actual MTX outside of FO76 which is some type of MMO/FPS hybrid thing.
    You are comparing current Bethesda to games they made nearly 10 years ago.....

Current Bethesda is as bad as EA,Ubisoft. They made FO76, Elder Scrolls Blades (p2w mobile shit fest) and now Youngblood is in the shit state its in.

If you don't think they will MTX TES6 to death you are in denial. TES6 is the perfect setup for any MTX you can think of.

History has shown Bethesda doesn't want some of the money they want all of it. Hell ESO itself is riddled with MTX's. Games being MMO's or somehow MMO's (like FO76) do not matter.

Hell they even said they would never add P2W MTX's to FO76 and yet they did. The higher ups at Bethesda are as bad if not worse than EA/Ubisoft.

That is a fact and it does not matter if u like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Sorry, but I will buy and play a game that has greedy moneygrabs if the game itself is good. I don't really mind micro-transactions as long as they aren't required to make the game fun. I won't spend a fortune on cool hats. I love the wolfenstein franchise, and I will play this game if that was the only thing wrong with it. I haven't read any reviews yet, so we'll see.
    Its not, read what I put in the OP its the long short of it. They stripped everything out that made this franchise great.

You are comparing current Bethesda to games they made nearly 10 years ago.....

Current Bethesda is as bad as EA,Ubisoft. They made FO76, Elder Scrolls Blades (p2w mobile shit fest) and now Youngblood is in the shit state its in.

If you don't think they will MTX TES6 to death you are in denial. TES6 is the perfect setup for any MTX you can think of.

History has shown Bethesda doesn't want some of the money they want all of it. Hell ESO itself is riddled with MTX's. Games being MMO's or somehow MMO's (like FO76) do not matter.

Hell they even said they would never add P2W MTX's to FO76 and yet they did. The higher ups at Bethesda are as bad if not worse than EA/Ubisoft.

That is a fact and it does not matter if u like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not, read what I put in the OP its the long short of it. They stripped everything out that made this franchise great.
    You cannot cite "history" and then say "but that was 10 years ago!"

'The whole series of events connecting something" is a general definition of history, so yes, I can and should compare those things. All other Bethesda games outside of FO76 (which isn't the same sort of game) didn't include MTX... except horse armor? Okay. History would say we are safe.

You are comparing yet another MMO (TESO) to a game of the Elder Scrolls series, which aren't the same.