Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mechagnomes for the horde :)

Would be nice if blizzard did this, it reminds me of the nightborne, we get two related races meeting a version of the original that's been modified, but like the nightborne had obvious night elf related history being from the famous night elf suramar, and looking a lot like night elves, that didn't stop blizzard from giving them to the horde.

i would trade Vulpera for Mechagnomes. Or at the very least, Mechagnomes should be neutral

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Would be nice if blizzard did this, it reminds me of the nightborne, we get two related races meeting a version of the original that's been modified, but like the nightborne had obvious night elf related history being from the famous night elf suramar, and looking a lot like night elves, that didn't stop blizzard from giving them to the horde.

i would trade Vulpera for Mechagnomes. Or at the very least, Mechagnomes should be neutral
    or you know, as was obvious from the start, the night elves DID NOT LIKE THEM AT ALL while the blod elves were able to relate with them massivly.
    there is no such thing for the mechagnomes, they closer mesh with the gnomes who were willinjg to help cause.. .related, while the goblins just want tech and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Or, you know, since they're not even a race, why not just make them additional customization for gnomes?

You can have the disgusting little mutilated things for all i care.

Give me Sethrak.

These kinds of ideas have been around since the first introduction of the concept of allied races.

It didn't happen with any of the previous allied races (like people were suggesting Mag Har orcs will be Alliance), and won't happen with the incoming ones. Their allignment will be painfully obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Or, you know, since they're not even a race, why not just make them additional customization for gnomes?
    Not a race? You mean in the same way Void Elves are just a variation of blood elves? Highmountain are just regular Tauren with Cenarius’ blessing? Mag’har orcs are just orcs from another reality? Zandalari trolls are just trolls.. from a different tribe?

Do people like you even play this game?

Anyway yeah, as long as we actually get Mechagnomes, I don’t mind what side they’re on. They’re awesome.

Ha, looking at the way Gazlowe and Overspark behave, I'd not be surprised if Erazmin chose Horde over Alliance

I don't see why anyone would want them. I foresee them being less popular than Kul'Tirans, even if they don't require to be unlocked.

Pretty much this.

A mechanically enhanced gnome is still a gnome. They should be a customization option for gnomes and are on a fringe allied race wishlist compared to some others that are waiting in line since WoW's earliest days (looking at you, ogres).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-07-31 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or you know, as was obvious from the start, the night elves DID NOT LIKE THEM AT ALL while the blod elves were able to relate with them massivly.
    there is no such thing for the mechagnomes, they closer mesh with the gnomes who were willinjg to help cause.. .related, while the goblins just want tech and stuff.
    That's silly, I seem to remember the night elves in 7.0 fine with them and working together with them, encouraging us to help them. Then next patch we got Tyrande not being the nicest, so next patch we get Mekkatorque not being nice and we can say the gnomes don't like the mechagnomes, because Mekkatorque wasn't nice. It's possible.

So it's a total lie that the night elves did not like them at all. Perhaps you need to revisit the Suramar quest lines from the start, meet VAlewalker Farodin, the Moonguard, the refugees, and others - maybe you mean Tyrande?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    These kinds of ideas have been around since the first introduction of the concept of allied races.

It didn't happen with any of the previous allied races (like people were suggesting Mag Har orcs will be Alliance), and won't happen with the incoming ones. Their allignment will be painfully obvious.
    Well we got nightborne, although i badly wanted Eredar or Lightforged Draenei, so there is a chance it could happen again. Fingers crossed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You can have the disgusting little mutilated things for all i care.

Give me Sethrak.
    But Sethrak are too much of a horde cliche.

- - - Updated - - -

And how would you do that? intorduce 100 more sliders? Or create 2 tabs, one for gnome, then one for mechagnome ? If they make them a cusotmization for gnomes, then the horde won't get them.

They shoudl do what they did for nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't see why anyone would want them. I foresee them being less popular than Kul'Tirans, even if they don't require to be unlocked.
    So the horde gets mechagon

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMon View Post
    Not a race? You mean in the same way Void Elves are just a variation of blood elves? Highmountain are just regular Tauren with Cenarius’ blessing? Mag’har orcs are just orcs from another reality? Zandalari trolls are just trolls.. from a different tribe?

Do people like you even play this game?

Anyway yeah, as long as we actually get Mechagnomes, I don’t mind what side they’re on. They’re awesome.
    They're not a race, sorry. They're the exact same gnomes we have now, but they've sawed off their limbs and bolted lenses onto their faces. Void elves were changed by cosmic energy, and Highmountain at least have a feature that seems to pass genetically, but they shouldn't have been an allied race either.

Mag'har and Zandalari are progenitors of the originally playable orcs and trolls, but if you're seriously trying to tell me Zandalari are Darkspear would be indistinguishable if they shared a posture, I have to ask if you even play this game.

Mechagnomes are literally, pound for pound, the same gnomes we have now down to their faces and skin colors.

- - - Updated - - -

And how would you do that? intorduce 100 more sliders? Or create 2 tabs, one for gnome, then one for mechagnome ? If they make them a cusotmization for gnomes, then the horde won't get them.
    If they make them playable, even as an allied race, they're going to have to do that anyway. They have all the same traits the already playable gnomes have now, and then their extra mechanization. The only thing they're missing is earrings.

Considering how little customization gnomes have right now, making junker gnomes a separate allied "race" would just be silly.

Of course, I think that's exactly what they'll do, but even so I'll still think it was the wrong call unless they're planning a big expansion of core race customization later.

They're not a race, sorry. They're the exact same gnomes we have now, but they've sawed off their limbs and bolted lenses onto their faces. Void elves were changed by cosmic energy,
    Very flimsy logic. There's no difference here. One used "technology" to modify their bodies for new capabilities, the other used "void magic" to modify their bodies for new capabilities.

Mechagnomes are not part of the Horde of have any history with them. What puts them very low on the allied race list compaired to other races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much possible,Gazlowe was more friendly to mechagnomes than Overspark.
    Its sick to think that horde has any chances in war VS all these Modifications (by void, by light , and then mecha), while they have brown orcs and moose taurens that even didnt have moose face options like :
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's silly, I seem to remember the night elves in 7.0 fine with them and working together with them, encouraging us to help them. Then next patch we got Tyrande not being the nicest, so next patch we get Mekkatorque not being nice and we can say the gnomes don't like the mechagnomes, because Mekkatorque wasn't nice. It's possible.

So it's a total lie that the night elves did not like them at all. Perhaps you need to revisit the Suramar quest lines from the start, meet VAlewalker Farodin, the Moonguard, the refugees, and others - maybe you mean Tyrande?
    no, 7.0 the night elves were not fine with them and wrking together with them, the moment they did start workign witht hem it was only to reclaim the city, not to save the people, as they could give little shit of it.

and the mechagnomes already are fsar favoured to the gnomes...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Very flimsy logic. There's no difference here. One used "technology" to modify their bodies for new capabilities, the other used "void magic" to modify their bodies for new capabilities.
    Sure, fair enough. I just wish they had something more unique about them, you know? I think allied races can be better than this, and junker gnomes are so far the worst offender to me because they don't even have distinct skin tones or faces. You could put all their customization in with regular gnomes and nothing would be worse for it. Gnomes have so few options as it is, so spinning these things off into an allied race just seems like a disservice to me.

Sure, fair enough. I just wish they had something more unique about them, you know? I think allied races can be better than this, and junker gnomes are so far the worst offender to me because they don't even have distinct skin tones or faces. You could put all their customization in with regular gnomes and nothing would be worse for it. Gnomes have so few options as it is, so spinning these things off into an allied race just seems like a disservice to me.
    At the end of the day it's a trade-off. You either get more unique allied races a la Zandalari, but fewer of them, or you get a bunch of "alternate" races like most of the others are. Personally I think the second is preferable, simply because it's more options. If there's only a handful of allied races and you hate them, you're out of luck, with the current approach it's likely there are at least a couple to be interested in.

As customization options you also run into issues of inconsistency. I don't mind Mechagnomes as an allied race, they've grown on me and I think their cutomization is actually kinda cool. But as someone with a lot of Night Elf characters, I would be pretty tilted if they handed gnomes a bunch of brand new hairstyles, and three completely new customization sets of hands, feet and headwear... when all I got was one skintone with dark eyes. It's much harder to justify dropping all of that customization into an existing race, because if you're upgrading an existing race there's a sense that you need parity. How do you justify so many new options and goodies for one (low population) player race when pandaren or undead get nothing at all?

Much less fuss if it's an entirely new alternate race though. Because it doesn't feel like you're being ignored while other people are getting a bunch of stuff, an entirely new choice that is neither yours nor theirs is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, 7.0 the night elves were not fine with them and wrking together with them, the moment they did start workign witht hem it was only to reclaim the city, not to save the people, as they could give little shit of it.

and the mechagnomes already are fsar favoured to the gnomes...
    And yet it was a Night Elf that helped them with their addiction problem by planting and growing the Arcan'dor.
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergy View Post
    And yet it was a Night Elf that helped them with their addiction problem by planting and growing the Arcan'dor.
    A single night elf growing a tree...
    man i guess night elves love orcs too, because an undeads has helped the orcs at one point.

It makes no sense. You can’t just make up “lore” to fit your agenda. The Nightborn are outcast and not liked by the Night Elves. You can’t compare Mechagnomes to that. You might want Mechagnomes for the Horde because of your own selfish reason but your “arguments” are very desperate.