10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    https://imgur.com/yTUQgBd This was pointed out , someone said it was from 4chan and then deleted so dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The concept art from 4chan https://m.imgur.com/yTUQgBd

The guy deleted one of em after and then disappeared completely. First one, the assumed full version of Bastion, was titled Journey's End while 2nd was titled Riftlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Some un-confirmed art

https://imgur.com/yTUQgBd
    As someone who paints landscapes themselves, the one on the bottom doesn't really match the kind of quality I've come to expect from Blizzard's artwork (nor the one above it). I mean, I could pretty much put my own artwork here, blur it a little, and say it's concept art for a revamped Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Not really tbh.
    I see, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yeah, there was this leak:
    https://i.imgur.com/EPpovvf.jpg
    Not how I wanted to start my day...

Bolvar leak was Blizz's way to generate hype, now they'll sit quiet until Blizzcon.

Most we can hope for is a dev to leak expansion details, and that probably won't happen until mere hours before Blizzcon!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    As someone who paints landscapes themselves, the one on the bottom doesn't really match the kind of quality I've come to expect from Blizzard's artwork (nor the one above it). I mean, I could pretty much put my own artwork here, blur it a little, and say it's concept art for a revamped Northrend.
    Someone might have painted the "Riftlands" picture, for sure. But you have to be a decent artist to pull it off within 48 hours of the "Demo leak" being published, cus its matching that description of the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    The chain is too clear.. Too obvious.. Planted by Blizzard as some kind of web play (i dunno what the concept is actually called). But there's this increasingly popular trend by gaming companies to give hints/clues on the internet to drive hype, Blizzard has done it before with Sombra for Overwatch. People in here say Muffinus has read this type of thread before, maybe he got some ideas? He is the secret quest creator after all (for the mounts etc).
    The consistency of details of the zone is where I believe it to either be real or as you say, a massive ploy. It's far too consistent and clear to be fake unless it's one person who has planned the entire thing stretching back to the leak of the map itself. The only reason why I don't believe it's a ploy is because the Reddit post (link at the end) says a LOT about the expansion - if it's real to begin with. There's inconsistencies I believe, things that are worth doubting, but I really can't get over the consistency of the Riftlands across all these leaks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...b8i/?context=3

Fair credit if it's all just one giant fake leak and fair credit if it's a swerve by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone might have painted the "Riftlands" picture, for sure. But you have to be a decent artist to pull it off within 48 hours of the "Demo leak" being published, cus its matching that description of the zone.
    Which demo leak?

Also, I finish most of my paintings in less than an hour. When you're working in a digital medium, it doesn't take that long, especially if you're just trying to get out some kind of concept and not necessarily a finished picture.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or the artwork was created first and then the person first published the demo post and later the artwork
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Which demo leak?

Also, I finish most of my paintings in less than an hour. When you're working in a digital medium, it doesn't take that long, especially if you're just trying to get out some kind of concept and not necessarily a finished picture.
    The guy who made a 4chan thread about him playing a demo at some media event before blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which demo leak?

The 4chan demo leak from the sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Or the artwork was created first and then the person first published the demo post and later the artwork
    Yea it might just be a random guy that has plotted all of this out, even the first leak. But that requires some bad ass dedication to bamboozling people.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, the artwork doesn't match the style or quality of the "Bastion" art. That's plenty enough for me to discredit it, but maybe I'm just an asshole.

me rn trying to solve the Riftlands leaks

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-31 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

guys i am SO READY to hear this music again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    guys i am SO READY to hear this music again
    Travel music while waiting on loading screen between portals?

TBH I'm still pissed they gave us a portal to boralus and not just the boat

Although I don't think the 4chan "leak" is real, there are plenty of examples of uncomplicated concept art from Blizzard. Here's an example from Val'sharah in Legion:

Concept art serves one purpose: To explain an idea or an aesthetic to the developers, prop and/or environment artists. If a 5-minute sketch can do that, it's technically concept art. If a dev gets a cool idea and isn't good at drawing, but wants to explain their idea, it's still concept art.

As I said, the artwork doesn't match the style or quality of the "Bastion" art. That's plenty enough for me to discredit it, but maybe I'm just an asshole.
    Not really a valid argument either. Concept art is made by different people. If anything that proves it isn't made by the same person, thereby increasing the authenticity.
    Last edited by Frood; 2019-10-31 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Travel music while waiting on loading screen between portals?

TBH I'm still pissed they gave us a portal to boralus and not just the boat
    brah, they have fked eeverything up about modern wow compared to what wow used to be back then

5+ Year Old Account
    True. But the artwork also included a larger version of the Bastion art. So if the Bastion art is legit, so is the extended version. If you have access to insider stuff, would you add a fake artwork to it just to add credibility for your fake leak, or would you just leak the real stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    The Shadowlands being just one city and a spirit-y desert would be so disappointing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Just woke up, anything new in the last 70 pages or so?

Which demo leak?

https://imgur.com/a/tv7tS5I

This was a big meme before as well , right ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Although I don't think the 4chan "leak" is real, there are plenty of examples of uncomplicated concept art from Blizzard. Here's an example from Val'sharah in Legion:

I see your shitty official art by blizzard and I raise you even shittier art by blizz