Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Colorful and ethereal-looking dreamscapes dotted with impressive marble-white architecture (as seen in the artwork) and serene little groves with ponds and whatnot. I want to see those floaty soul rivers winding their way through woods and hills under starry skyboxes similar to WoD's Shadowmoon Valley.

...Well, that could perhaps describe one or two zones. I still want there to be some amount of variety in architecture and coloration so they don't feel samey. One zone could be a bit more death-like and gloomy, with outcrops of black rock and a gray skybox. As long as there's enough color in the other zones, I wouldn't mind it.
    Could very well be that the Shadowlands is both heaven and hell, light vs void. In a constant battle against eachother.

Another thing I hadnt really thought about is that if the portal-jumping thing is real, Blizzard is already playing around with it. The next seasons m+ affix is going to be portals you can enter and skip packs through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    That's literally the worst comparison you can make, lol. The EMERALD DREAM is green to a blinding degree. The Nightmare is a corruption which corrupted the dream, aka corrupted the green, thus it became red.
    And the shadowlands is the decay of the regular realm... don't see why its "gray and full of souls"
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Says the -NAME-? SHADOWlands? It's not SUNNYlands. Shadows tend to be ghastly, dark and spectral, not sunny as a desert zone would be.

It just doesn't make sense IMHO, but we'll see.
    Wait a minute, this kids menu isn't even made out of kids!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Wait a minute, this kids menu isn't even made out of kids!
    Then what have I been feeding my dog for the past 2 years!!!!

I very much doubt that we'll be going to the shadowlands as our new continent, but rather be going to them in the same fashion as the new 8.3 visions stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's literally the worst comparison you can make, lol. The EMERALD DREAM is green to a blinding degree. The Nightmare is a corruption which corrupted the dream, aka corrupted the green, thus it became red.
    Still, by your logic, they should've renamed it to Blood-Red Corrupted Nightmare since you think everything has to be interpreted so literally. Is the Silvermoon City silvery? Is Stormwind in the middle of a stormy wind?

wouldn't the shadowlands just be another raid similar to that of the emerald dream?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I very much doubt that we'll be going to the shadowlands as our new continent, but rather be going to them in the same fashion as the new 8.3 visions stuff.
    My original guess as well, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still, by your logic, they should've renamed it to Blood-Red Corrupted Nightmare since you think everything has to be interpreted so literally. Is the Silvermoon City silvery? Is Stormwind in the middle of a stormy wind?
    Crimson is the word you were looking for... So either Crimson Dream (since the emerald nightmare is the dream of the old gods) or Crimson Nightmare

5+ Year Old Account
    Says the -NAME-? SHADOWlands? It's not SUNNYlands. Shadows tend to be ghastly, dark and spectral, not sunny as a desert zone would be.

It just doesn't make sense IMHO, but we'll see.
    It was probaly named that by the living cause you go there when you die. Like how people living in the far east don't call it the far east. Pretty sure nobody alive knows how the Shadowlands really looks, beside a small glimpse maybe. Supposedly when we die and go into that grey-white version of WoW, that is also the Shadowlands. But that's already super different from the Dark Place we see in BfA. There can be many areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Yeah, but its still watered down. Our main foray into that theme was a zone. We will probably never get that as the focus expansion unless it ends up being a poorly received retread. Same as the Black Empire.

Sometimes curve balls arent a good thing and generally people predict rather easily what comes next. People dilly dally with their pet fanfiction, the obvious path happens, repeat ad infinitum.

"All these death based characters are piling up. We have unfinished plot hooks related to it. Sylvanas is the poster girl. There's datamined 8.3.5 Icecrown stuff. She leaves in 8.3 and she implies her plan is soon to the Loyalists. It's going to be Shadowlands. Maybe with dragon subplots."
    "What if its JUST dragons and we totally ignore all the other stuff because I don't like it?"
    "...or it's the Shadowlands."
    "But what if we go back to the Ogre continent that possibly doesn't exist anymore on Draenor?"
    "...or it's the Shadowlands."
    "Hey what if it's ANOTHER time travel expansion, I'd like that--"

And it's the Shadowlands.

Shocked Pikachu.

Every 2 years.
    Heh, punsss

Provided they don't take the SHADOWLANDS literal, which in my mind would be something like Hades' underworld or all the other afterlife areas such as the domain of the lost from GW2, I am sure there is potential for a new and interesting continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Crimson is the word you were looking for... So either Crimson Dream (since the emerald nightmare is the dream of the old gods) or Crimson Nightmare
    I thought Blood-Red sounded more metal...

People complained that they ruined the Emerald Dream by only having it be a shit tier raid. Blizzard said there wasnt enough content to make an entire expansion about the Emerald Dream, now they will use Shadowlands to facilitate both peoples need for Emerald Dreams and other shit at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It was probaly named that by the living cause you go there when you die. Like how people living in the far east don't call it the far east. Pretty sure nobody alive knows how the Shadowlands really looks, beside a small glimpse maybe. Supposedly when we die and go into that grey-white version of WoW, that is also the Shadowlands. But that's already super different from the Dark Place we see in BfA. There can be many areas.
    I went to the land of the rising sun, but the sun set just the same. I want a refund!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought Blood-Red sounded more metal...
    Guess so, but I was going more by the fact that they didn't use lush-green dream or something like that... also the fact that the Nightmare is still technically the dream depending on the perspective

Anyway we'll know soon, literally one day left!!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I think Ruby is more fitting.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Could very well be that the Shadowlands is both heaven and hell, light vs void. In a constant battle against eachother.

Another thing I hadnt really thought about is that if the portal-jumping thing is real, Blizzard is already playing around with it. The next seasons m+ affix is going to be portals you can enter and skip packs through.
    That is a fair point, but if it's fake, there's also the possibility they could've taken that into consideration when they came up with the rift-hopping idea. Makes it seem more credible when it can be attributed to a system that's already in the game.

BlizzCon can't come soon enough...

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyway we'll know soon, literally one day left!!!!!!
    A bit more than one day.