10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    The addition was given to them as part of them being made into Death Knights. It persists even after they're freed:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Eternal_hunger

Specifically, it's covered in Ask Creative Development Round 2:https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_2

(Emphasis added)

There lore regarding the hunger is somewhat sparse, but it seems there's no indication that Death Knights were freed from it after leaving the Scourge.
    This is such a stupid addiction.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Could there be a connection between the DK Rune magic and the ancient Drust magic from Drustvar?

Quote Originally Posted by Aseph View Post
    Forgot about the new 4 horsemen (and woman, right?). I havent played any BFA, have they been mentioned at all this xpac?
    They still have horses according to wowwiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Then it OPENS but it's not the opening ceremony yet, right?
    I believe it's the opening ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Lightforged, beings so infused with the light that it has changed their physiology, becoming Death Knights seemed a bit strange because they had already established within lore
    Go do the OG death Knight campaign. You clearly need your menory refreshed: You're an Argent Crusade Paladin who is mindcontrolled after the Lich King murdered you & made you a death knight. You regain your free will when Morgaine's dad & Tirion Fordring injures the Lich King with Ashbringer & you regain your free will. It doesn't matter at all how strong you personally are with the Light.

My guess is the new DK starting zone will be set at the same time as the rumored Bolvar cinematic: You died & are now becoming acquainted with being one of Bolvar's new death knights, when Sylvanas attacks him, inconsiquencially allowing you to regain your free will
    Last edited by Ersula; 2019-11-01 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Could there be a connection between the DK Rune magic and the ancient Drust magic from Drustvar?
    May I remind you that the Alliance hero use their Rune magic to enter the Shadowlands to find Jaina in BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're arguing lore semantics about something we absolutely don't know yet. They might be new DKs that Sylvanas births from her void womb. The point is its LF Draenei DKs are demonstrably *not impossible*

Also they're coming in 8.3, not 9.0
    4th Gen has existed since Legion when the Four Horsemen were raised.
    They also actively raised new DKs throughout Legion: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Knights_of..._Blade_(quest)

Whether the Death Knights introduced in 8.3/9.0 will be Gen 4 or Gen 5 will largely depend on if there's a noticeable distinction in how lore handles them.

Furthermore, we do not know if the new DKs will be utilized in 8.3, or if the assets are just being added in 8.3 as of now.

Possibly. Thing is, in terms of the DK's we play, the Burning Legion technically invented that sort of magic, or at the very least modified it. Frostmourne was created by the Dreadlords after all, and I don't believe there is anything in lore that shows the Drust making contact with the Legion.

However, Death magic is universal, so it's possible that both the Drust and Legion discovered how to use this rune magic on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Don't worry, they will get a special necklace of auto-erotic asphyxiation, +75 to BDSM state.

Could be. Rune magic is its own thing in in WoW lore and useable by more than just DKs. One of the original Vanilla designers even said they were considering a rune master as one of the original classes.

The Warcraft RPG is not canon but I imagine this is probably what runes are officially: "Those who seek to understand and master runic power understand that the convergences of the ley lines are not the only important part of this power — the patterns formed by the lines themselves are important as well. These patterns, which resemble letters in a strange alphabet, are called runes. Each rune is a reflection of a pattern of energy lines somewhere in the world. Each such pattern creates a certain magical effect when energy flows in that specific formation, though in its natural occurrence, this effect is much too broad and scattered to have a meaningful impact."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rune_magic

So each rune is a pattern formed by ley lines somewhere on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Don't worry, they will get a special necklace of auto-erotic asphyxiation, +75 to BDSM state.
    Well, the kink definitely suits them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Go do the OG death Knight campaign. You clearly need your menory refreshed: You're an Argent Crusade Paladin who is mindcontrolled after the Lich King murdered you & made you a death knight. You regain your free will when Morgaine's dad & Tirion Fordring injures the Lich King with Ashbringer & you regain your free will. It doesn't matter at all how strong you personally are with the Light.

My guess is the new DK starting zone will be set at the same time as the rumored Bolvar cinematic: You're died & are now becoming acquainted with being one of Bolvar's new death knights, when Sylvanas attacks him, inconsiquencially allowing you to regain your free will
    None of what you just said is inconsistent with what I am saying. I apologize if my information did not come across clearly. Lore has established that the Lich King is capable of raising paladins. I am drawing a distinction between Paladins and Lightforged.

Also, quick contingency correction:
    You're a member of the Argent Dawn, not crusade (which is not formed until the end of the Death Knight starting zone.
    The Argent Dawn has members who aren't paladins; while it is possible your DK PC was a paladin in life, it is just as possible they were something else. It doesn't matter and the distinction is arbitrary beyond roleplay purposes.

Again, the sole thing which seemed strange to me was Lightforged Draenei, beings who the light is part of their physiology, being raised into undeath and maintaining the Light as part of their physiology because of an inference that their condition would protect them from undeath. I further acknowledged I had been incorrect in the post you quoted.

Edit: Also for further clarification, strength in the light does matter as a Paladin to an extent. Sir Zeliek maintained his mind, though not control of his body, due to how strong the Light was with him:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sir_Zeliek

Start of the opening ceremony.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    God apt comparison. Calia's such a terrible fucking character. And 100% smells of Writer pet.
    It's funny that after 15 years of people clamoring to find out what became of her, nobody really likes her.

I think Blizzard may have veered too far away from "big dumb comic book" for their own good. They've never excelled at storytelling, but they do iconic characters and cool moments better than almost anyone.

When we're just getting these bits of diplomacy, backdoor scheming and plotting, interpersonal drama kind of stuff, it really tends to fall flat more often than not.

No the opening ceremony is then. I think the con opens at 11am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    He was kind of handsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's funny that after 15 years of people clamoring to find out what became of her, nobody really likes her.

I think Blizzard may have veered too far away from "big dumb comic book" for their own good. They've never excelled at storytelling, but they do iconic characters and cool moments better than almost anyone.

When we're just getting these bits of diplomacy, backdoor scheming and plotting, interpersonal drama kind of stuff, it really tends to fall flat more often than not.
    Blizzard hasn't done anything wrong with it comes to Calia outside of the whole relying on novels. I understand a videogame is different to show what characters are thinking but relying too much on other source materials to show the ingame story...not the greatest(I'm Sure golden is a fine author, I have no issues with her personally).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Russell Wilson

They still have horses according to wowwiki.
    The plot thickens

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I'm not commenting on how I feel about it. I'm just pointing out nothing within the lore has established the DKs are freed from the addiction and the most recent responses from the Devs regarding the Hunger have acknowledged it is a condition which persists after being freed.