Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Not everyone
    Show me the mass of fans of Warfronts and Island Expeditions.

3+ Year Old Account
    Man, I am just completely deflated. I had modest expectations going in, but seeing Sylvanas just ruin our boii without even getting hit, no new features apart from a rep grind for some transmogs. No new spells or revamps. 5 questing zones and that's that...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I just wanted a fun World of Warcraft.

Yes, the Shadowlands logo is the best looking one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Islands are only relevant cus of the BFA-system Heart of Azeroth. Islands would be one of those, touch 1-time kind of thing in an expansion without AP.

Warfronts is the same shit, terrible content. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Why would they need new talent trees?

Each class gets to pick one of these four covenants to modify their gameplay, with unique class abilities. So you get 48 different options. Actually 144 when factoring in specs.

I'm not saying there is a ton of depth to these covenants, but they each bring unique abilities and class abilities, and you pick on of four.
    The covenants bring ONE ability, which is likely to be something akin to artifact abilities. That is cool, but its not SPECIAL. The other abilities are just regular run of the mill class abiltiies that have nothing to do with the covenant you chose. None of this is going to truly impact how your class feels to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Let's say you're level 45 right now, when the level squish hits and 120s become 50, all you need to do is this calculation

45/120*50 = 18.75

You are now level 18 with 75% of your xp bar filled towards level 19

Easy peasy lemon squeezy
    Okay, and how about mounts? Do you suddenly lose access to riding mounts? How is THAT going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    You calimed everyone here hated bfa or the new features added in bfa.

If even one person posting disagrees with you as i do that nullifies your claim.

That's the problem with using hyperbole to exaggerate your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    So the level squish is 120 onward.

You level 1-120, then you get squished to 50 to level to 60.

hurrrrray?
    That doesn't sound like it to me. "Every level is meaningful" refers to level 1-50. Otherwise it's not a leveling revamp. Just a level revamp.

Although I wonder what will happen with people between level 50 and 120. We'll have to wait for the panel I guess.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The covenants bring ONE ability, which is likely to be something akin to artifact abilities. That is cool, but its not SPECIAL. The other abilities are just regular run of the mill class abiltiies that have nothing to do with the covenant you chose. None of this is going to truly impact how your class feels to play.
    Do we know if it is one only, or if it is one right now and you gain more later? Because I mean its not like people have had a lot of time to spend with this at this point.

If Kyrians become playable I'm maining them. That's it. (I'll excitedly make alts of all the other covenants)

Even Tinker boys wishing this was real right now

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Okay, and how about mounts? Do you suddenly lose access to riding mounts? How is THAT going to work?
    What? Why would that happen. You just learn Riding at like Level 10 or whatever.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean if you want perfect balance you should be advocating for more pruning. All the game needs for perfect balance is one glowing button that does 100 damage, 100 heaing, or 100 threat.
    Well agreed with that.

But since it isnt happening and we get all these new systems each expansion and buffs and changes to talents...
    M+ is really fun however excluding certain speccs and classes because they dont have the optimal toolkit... is just bs.

Covenants sound like they will have different benefits per covenant and maybe even class related ones.
    If i can chose what to play in terms of covenant i also dont want that choice to exclude me from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It's like Persona Social links. Inside the covenants are people you can form links with & earn their special abilities. Like the Kaelthas link will give you blood & fel themed abilities. I think this is better because it has a lower cap, then you can form a new link & then go back to your maxed-out link whenever you need too
    But heres the catch.

Even if this is the case, and lets say it is, is it truly going to change how your class feels thematically and mechanically? Is it going to feel like a new class or a new spec?

Not likely at all.

And then, because its all through the covenant, we can expect it to be gone in the next expansion, just like a lot of legion stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Not much of a tinker boi, but nah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Less levels and hopefully less outdated content to get there.

Also oh dang an actual cinematic in the Blizzcon build.
    An ingame cinematic? Which stream was it on?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

actually im just glad at this point we didnt get it >.>

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    If Kyrians become playable I'm maining them. That's it. (I'll excitedly make alts of all the other covenants)
    Kyrians honestly are the one I might pass on.

Those Vampire-Worgen and Dark Fae, however....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Glad there's no Warfront or Islands continuation. They're failed experiments that just consume dev resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    An ingame cinematic? Which stream was it on?
    Lapi /10chrs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    sorry that you hated suramar but its one of the best zones in WoW's history
    I agree. If its anything like Suramar I will be happy.