Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What type of revamp?
    Mostly lessened/removed restrictions. Some weapon type restrictions have been proven silly with Legion. Allowing more seasonal and quirky items (plenty of silly is already possible, "seriousness" is not an argument).

Unlocking transmog appearances should be unrestricted anyway.

Loosening armor type restrictions is something people want but also more controversial and I don't think something Blizzard is likely to do.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

5+ Year Old Account
    lmao @ all the people who were complaining and now are suddenely positive. Always wait for the whats next/deep dives/q&as before passing judgement.

Sand troll and wildhammer hype

shadowlands page was updated !! lots of info !

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Only issue with customisation options is that racials should really be a bit different for a Wildhammer or Sand/Forest Troll which may prevent them being AR later. Still good though.

Would hope it isn't only for original races though.
    I feel like given what we saw with 8.1 and 8.3 Blizz is moving away from having straight reskins as Allied Races. They want something that is more visually distinct.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    More info on the Shadowlands site
    Apperently, as a new character, you have a new experience from lvl 1-10 and a mini dungeon. Neett
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/shadowlands#opt-in

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not like the classic factions have any relevance in Shadowlands anyway.
    Exactly. I do wonder how they'll justify pvp? Maybe like you team up with spirit garrosh against spirit varian?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just realized what this expansion really reminds me of.

This is WoD 2.0.
    One of the most imaginative and fantastic looking expansions propped up on refining old mechanics and a system that integrates all aspects of your character, from levelling, gearing and even endgame progression.
    It even has the updated player models.

It definitely cannot be as bad as WoD though, given the sheer amount of endgame systems they have in place. But it is interesting nonetheless.
    I agree on this, had the same feeling.

WoD 2.0 is that you?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Time for me to get exicted all again for the High Elves for the alliance side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I wonder if we're not getting a final batch of Allied Races now, or if 8.3.5 still has a chance to add a Worgen/undead set.
    I was really looking forward to Calia-based undead.
    The "no bones showing" customization option for Forsaken might be the closest you'll get to it.

My, my all of you are easily hyped. Funny thing is, i remember people writing "This will be awesome, Blizz finally did it again" after Wod and BfA trailers...
    keep your hype in check people. it may sound good, but it ALWAYS does.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    lmao @ all the people who were complaining and now are suddenely positive. Always wait for the whats next/deep dives/q&as before passing judgement.
    exactly.

I'm excited for tom
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    So were any of the excessively long leaks real?
    Honestly not to be a buzzkill I think people need to raise their bars higher.

So far the things that stick out the most are:

-A functioning character creation that should've existed since like idk 2010?

-Removal of shitty rng design

-A nostalgia-centric storyline

-Finally making alts not shit

I mean what exactly about all this is particularly exciting? They're literally selling to you shit you used to have and marketing it as new. Hell they're literally making jokes about depruning and how shit legendaries were, I'm not impressed. It feels like this entire thing is just Band-Aid: The Expansion, We're Sorry!

The ACTUAL shadowlands stuff like covenants/raid and shit look dope as hell but I already expect them to be minmaxed to irritating levels and be a balance nightmare.

I think the only thing I can say was 10/10 is the art, but that's to be expected Blizzard never puts out bad visuals/art unless it comes to armor models.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I live by my emotions

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, I'll eat my words. Idc. It's not my fault Blizzard didn't sell it in the trailer.

Was not impressed with the reveal at all but the panel saved it for me. A lot of great design choices so far.

So... no classes or races, because this expansion includes major systems overhauls
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I wasn't so sure at first, but this expansion looks legit. Blizz finally not trying to reinvent the wheel here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    When you call the Covenant stuff one of your 2 big new features you know it's gonna be an expansion with the fat trimmed off.
    Tbh thats a good thing. Too much bloat in modern wow. Remove all the meh stuff. Keep the good stuff and make it better.

Im also happy Legendaries are back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seemed like all the fake maps (by ercaro and the original shadowlands fake leaks" use old designs of their map presentations...

#1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread