Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    If they do, at least the high elf debate will finally be over.
    No it wouldn't be. High Elves are on the Alliance side. You can bet this would just start up different arguments.

Btw 2h frost fans... We at least had a glimpse of ''hope'' with Bolvar going full 2h that got once again destroyed by Sylvanas..

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    "Leveling, Class Designs, Talents, New Abilities, Class Identity."

"Shadow Priests having Heals. Prot Paladins having Hammer of Wrath and Exorcism. All Warriors being able to Shield Block."

Towelliee telling us to tune into the Deep Dive.

"Everything you are talking about right now, just watch the Deep Dive tomorrow."
    It’s funny how this is sold as revolutionary when it was normal until Legion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Let's talk about lore, I think this Expansion will recontextualize Arthas as the Lich King. Here are som interresting points to take into consideration for big Lore nerds

-Lich King was a weapon created by The Legion -> The legion skiped / avoided the Shadowlands by regenerating their dead with Argus soul -> They have insight into it's powers and could cheat it?

-Icecrown Citadel was contructed either as an extention of "Torgeth, Tower of the Damned", or the other way around (Proberbly not the latter?)

-Icecrown Citadel have big engins and machinaries that drives on Souls. Picture above ( Borrowed blueprints from the "Jailer"?) (could arthas have been his ally?)

-Icecrown Citadel as we know it was NOT contructed while Lich King was under control of The Legion -> Connection to Torgeth, Tower of the Damned came after Arthas betral with Legion? -> The influence from the Maw and Jailer )

-The Undead's from Warcraft III obviously borrowed powers and archetecture from "Maldraxxus, the Necrolord Covenant"

-Im not concluting anything - just speculative details

This thread is impossible to keep up with. Been reading the hype for the last week.

I can see why some would be disappointed with the initial announcement. Hit with yet another approach to class design and a features trailer that was seriously lacklustre. However they have been burned before for putting too much in.

Overall it seems like it’s more of a QoL expansion bringing a lot of systems (character customisation, alt levelling, less grind) up to the standard that everyone expects these days. I can guarantee things like this will allow new players to stick around longer.

Story wise I feel like they have left the door open for some really epic stories but again.. there is always the chance we’ll be left underwhelmed.

Either way I just pulled out my 30days from my CE Rag box and resubbed for one reason and one reason only. Solo endgame!!

How much you want to bet Mal'ganis is going to help us and end up being the final boss of the expansion?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    How much you want to bet Mal'ganis is going to help us and end up being the final boss of the expansion?
    Absolute 0 because that is the dumbest shit I have read in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It’s funny how this is sold as revolutionary when it was normal until Legion.
    A lot of this is putting things back that got taken out (that players wanted) or removing things that were added (that players didn't want). Seems to just be fixing problems Blizzard made for themselves by not listening to what players actually found enjoyable (rather than Blizzard telling us what we should enjoy).

Disappointed that no new class as that is always something different for me but it may be a price worth paying if the game becomes more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That'd make literally no sense whatsoever.
    Way to many people seem to be missing the part where the Jailor has been there for ages

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    -Lich King was a weapon created by The Legion -> The legion skiped / avoided the Shadowlands by regenerating their dead with Argus soul -> They have insight into it's powers and could cheat it?
    Demons do not go into the shadowlands, they regenerate in the twisting nether naturally.

The legion exploited Argus to anchor the demons to the planet as well as increase their regeneration time.

Formerly known as Arafal

So Panderan + AR get their own unique DK starting area

Old races still have the original scenario that isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Demons do not go into the shadowlands, they regenerate in the twisting nether naturally.

The legion exploited Argus to anchor the demons to it as well as increase their respawn time.
    They might go if killed in specific places, like inside the Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    WoW even George is impressed?

It all sounds great. I'm just sad about no world revamp.
    Yeah same.

The Jailer is basically confirmed (per blizzard site) to be muehzala.

Arbiter is probably gonna be the end boss or something.

I have a hard time speculating where they will go next, and really want more information because while the endgame stuff sounds good i want to know if they are increasing the character cap on accounts (coz really i have almost 50 lvl 110+ and will likely want to experience the stuff again)

Sad to see the dragon lore wasnt more featured.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2019-11-01 at 11:24 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    So Panderan + AR get their own unique DK starting area

Old races still have the original scenario that isn't going anywhere.
    Boooooo!

At least let the existing races pick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Can we expect cross play at this point :/? They said nothing about it

While I'm mostly positive about the whole thing, I have one question though. Why the fuck would destroying an item the Legion made to house a soul shatter the bounds of reality when destroyed? In the most show off way possible as well?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Time to spam Cata & Legion & Pandaria over & over & over again because fuck wod leveling and bfa
    WoD imo has the best questing.

Boooooo!

I'm pretty sure the website promises a new leveling experience for EVERYONE, so I just think it's not implemented yet.

I just question the whole thing though, if now we're getting just this, where did all the art time that was moved away from BFA go?
    I would've at least expected a set of new allied races if we weren't getting a new class.

I hope someone questions them about their choice to skip a new class, I think the theme of Shadowlands is cool and all but idk, I feel really bummed by there not being something new to play around with.

Boooooo!

Better yet, let existing DK's take a refresher course :P
    I wish I could see such lore first hand with a character I already have tbh.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.