7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    sometimes, i woNder hOw you all like these vague Cringe riddles. How you all seem to get excIted over Nothing. Even to the point of Shitposting about vaguE things. these Riddles are rIdiculous, Dumb, and Destructive. LikE, what even iS the point of them?
    It isn't that we enjoy the riddles, the shitposting part is what the majority of people in the hypethread enjoys. Just gives us a bit of distraction while waiting for the real thing.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Im going to guess that the character choice system will be fully realized in the new xpac, with players choosing between new sides based on cosmic alignment. Yea death and shadows will be there, but opposed by the light and something else. Arcane maybe? So you get to make choices, all sides can be 'morally grey' because the light can do evil now.

Now both sides can raid together, but questing is still split into two or more mutually exclusive sides lol

The big thing is 'player choice' is emphasized amd you can pick from new, cross faction sides. Now if I'm right i can feel something good about an announcement for a game im not playing lol

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It isn't that we enjoy the riddles, the shitposting part is what the majority of people in the hypethread enjoys. Just gives us a bit of distraction while waiting for the real thing.
    I think I've finally slipped something past the Overlord of Shitposting.

Anyways, leaks season is pretty wet in the WC3R megathread.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes, i woNder hOw you all like these vague Cringe riddles. How you all seem to get excIted over Nothing. Even to the point of Shitposting about vaguE things. these Riddles are rIdiculous, Dumb, and Destructive. LikE, what even iS the point of them?
    No Chinese Riddles?

7+ Year Old Account
    I think I've finally slipped something past the Overlord of Shitposting.

Anyways, leaks season is pretty wet in the WC3R megathread.
    Lol, at first I thought you were just having a seizure or typing on mobile.

Or doing the spongebob meme. Nice one!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Lol, at first I thought you were just having a seizure or typing on mobile.

Or doing the spongebob meme. Nice one!
    No, me typing on mobile isn't nearly that bad.

oR dOiNg SpOnGeTeXt LoOkS lIkE tHiS.

I hate chinese riddles btw. Vague enough that no matter what happens, they'll be correct

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So I'm actually extremely confused with how blizzard has the Titan mythos

So the watchers are Nordic for the most part
    We have Egyptian in uldum
    And the pantheon themselves obviously just from the name Pantheon seems to be based on Greek even with some of the Titans themselves being fairly similar to Greek counterparts for example if you look at the pantheon and I tell you the name Hera you can obviously pick out who it is not just because the fact that it's the only one with the vagina but because of the fact that they have similar powers

Then you also add Hades again very similar abilities the power over death extremely depressed and shunned by the rest of the family

You could say that Ares is also there

And as for the month thing I really really hope that we just get another spec I don't care if it's damaged I don't care if it is reworked to be kick weaving as long as in some way shape or form we get a spec for each celestial because then we can have an excuse to have a cooldown that gives us celestial armor resembling each one because I really really want lightning tiger armor I can make a macro for
    Hades is dead... the only member of the Pantheon not either dead or living in a shadow of their former power currently is Ares, and he's currently in jail

Isnt about time the blizzcon schedule get announced? Last years there seems to be alot more build up for blizzcon they have been silent

Quote Originally Posted by Scourgi View Post
    Isnt about time the blizzcon schedule get announced? Last years there seems to be alot more build up for blizzcon they have been silent
    My thoughts exactly

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be my third Blizzcon and the radio silence has been nervously deafening.

Well you know with everything HK going on.. They don't wanna be in the spotlight.. I'd assume?

I'm hoping they announce the WoW Panels already, gotta plan out my weekend lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

They've been cancelling every recent public event so they're trying to lay low until Blizzcon, where they themselves can control what the cameras/audio shares.

As for what actually gets announced, ever since Void Elves were announced I realised Blizzard could pull anything out of their arses. They could give a lot of people what they want and justify High Elves being on the Alliance if they really wanted to. Lore excuses have gone to the wind.

I wonder if the late announcement is related to the hearthstone controversy. I cant really image a scenario where that messes with the schedule, maybe with the Q&A but those are regulated anyway. Also with Riot announcing basicly 4 games, I hope if blizzcon will leave more inpact than their 6 minute video

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Imo Chris Metzen/Thrall should be shown like coming from the heavens as if Green Jesus has returned (since he has - so far).

Put up some kind of meme about the faction unification - one of those Hordliance symbols that some people tattoo themselves with. Or even when Arnold and that other dude do the extremely muscular handshake flex.

I enjoy the start! But when I look back to the 8.0 hype train there's so much soul and callouts to all the speculation peeps as well as some of what was speculated.

You gotta have Marlamin in it f'sho!
    I have that exact tattoo!
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just for giggles, and if memory serves me well, it was only blackrock, frostwolf and warsong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/9/9c/Banners_of_the_Clans_at_the_Citadel.jpg?version=3324a44c1caee1466ad1df36d1f99a5c
    point still stands though, it don't matter much at all, they would not make a sword because of one shady orc clan that don't rly exist anymore.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-17 at 05:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    point still stands though, it don't matter much at all, they would not make a sword because of one shady or clan that don't rly exist anymore.
    Yeah, agreed there.

Just a reminder that this is still happening:

8.3:
    -Vulpera and Mecha-Gnomes.
    -Ends with an assault on Ny'alotha.
    -Sylvanas makes herself the scapegoat to unite Horde and Alliance against Old God threat.
    -Sylvanas absorbs the essence of N'Zoth and is killed, to send it to the Shadowlands. It is weakened, but returns.
    -Azeroth the Titan appears at the end of the final raid to save us from crumbling Ny'alotha. Very unique model.
    -Ny'alotha is within the planet. A Titanic plain where the Old Gods attempt to corrupt the Titan. Lovecraftian.

9.0+ Next Expansion:
    -Untitled Black Empire expansion. All zones updated for 2020. Some zones merged. Void theme, but also rebuilding.
    -Updated Quel'thalas' new look is a favorite.
    -The team is much bigger than during Cata. No invisible walls to remove. Progress is very far.
    -Guild Updates: Housing, new achievements, mounts, social features, removed guild controls restored. No auction house in guild hall.
    -Guild Halls will be very customizable, with lots of options, combinations, even holiday stuff.
    -Horde and Alliance are merging into one faction in 9.0. No more crossroads.
    -Many Allied Races are becoming customization options of existing races, and more customization options are being added.
    +This includes Mecha-Gnomes for Gnomes, High Elves and Void Elves for Blood Elf and Gilblins for Goblins.
    +Vulpera and Nightborne will be the only races not to become customization options for existing races.
    -All the Old Gods will re-awaken. And now without the limits on their true power. Their seals broken.
    -9.0 will have a lot of Beta invites, for there is much stuff they want feedback on. Also Beta open quicker.
    -One of the patches will be relying heavily on undeath. Something is happening up in Northrend.
    -Titanforging is gone, but Warforging remains. No new Artifact Power grind system.
    -More dungeons than past expansions. Less focus on how the affixes play into the dungeons.
    -The next expansion's graphics are described as absolutely astounding.
    -Gilneas and Silverpine Forest are becoming one zone, with a story about Gilneas' restoration.
    -Future zones will be a bit more sandboxy. Like those in 8.2.
    -The Ethereals join, to prevent Azeroth being destroyed like K'aresh. Expect to go K'aresh in the expansion.
    -Sylvanas dies, but we'll see her again in the Shadowlands.
    -Night Elves will be making Dire Maul (Eldre'thalas) and Feralas their new home.
    -Desolate Council will return to lead the Forsaken. Also more customization for Forsaken, such as no bones.
    -The PvP system is getting a revamp. They hope to integrate it in a way that makes story sense.
    -Level squish will go from 120 to 60. Then level to 70. Alternative for adding further levels sought.

Upcoming Class design:
    -Tinker Class as new Hero Class. Gnome and Goblin only. Strong campaigning may see other races added.
    -Tinker Class is about riding a robot, shooting rockets and stuff, or deploying robot constructs.
    -Classes less pruned in 9.0. More Class specific spells.
    -Leveling system of 9.0 will come with a much more engaging rewards and talent system. Also new class quests.

State of the Game:
    -Not worried about FFXIV. Convinced next expansion will put WoW back on top.
    -Most of the team disagrees with the corporate practices of Activision.

Classic:
    -Layering will only be for the first stages of the game. Launch day would be a shitshow without it.
    -Only if Classic performs well, will they decide on Expansion Servers.

Future:
    -Bolvar was behind the stuff with Vol'jin. Behind her uniting the factions against her. He lied.
    -Plans to bring Azshara back as an ally in the future.
    -They hope to learn from Classic about things to bring over to retail.
    -Less expansion-specific content.
    -Naga and Ogres would be difficult, but are not impossible in the future, as options exist.
    -Pandaren Death Knights under consideration. No other new race/class combos.
    -No plans to stop making expansions, as long as people continue to buy them.
    -They want to stray away from shock value to focus more on development and engagement in the story.
    -Having two factions has been a hindrance in the storytelling.
    -When Arthas returns, he will remain an enemy of Azeroth. No redemption.
    -Kel'thuzad could possibly make a return.
    -With the faction conflict being resolved, more story can go to racial things, including Pandaren leaders.
    -More things being account-wise is being worked on.
    -Blightcaller will be a more independent character in the future, rather than a pawn.
    -Calia Menethil will also show up when the theme of undead rises again.
    -Ruins of Teldrassil will be explorable. Still in early development right now.

Obvious and Extra Stuff:
    -Subscriptions are here to stay.
    -Blizzard isn't going to be changing the word "nagas" despite some people apparently using it like the n-word.
    -California is expensive living.
    -The employee likes their job.
    -3 Million subscribers, last they heard.
    -No plans for Necromancers in 9.0.
    -Female Ethereals will have boobs.
    -No Dance Studio.
    -No cash shop allied races.
    -No plans to return to Outland any time soon.
    -No plans for a return to Draenor, but there is story potential there.
    -No plans for Warcraft 4.
    -No new movie planned right now.
    -Azshara has not exposed all of her city to the air.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    -Untitled Black Empire expansion.
    It's not still happening.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    14 days and 14 hours, 14 minutes, 14 seconds until blizzcon, poggggggg

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Just a reminder that this is still happening:

8.3:
    -Vulpera and Mecha-Gnomes.
    -Ends with an assault on Ny'alotha.
    -Sylvanas makes herself the scapegoat to unite Horde and Alliance against Old God threat.
    -Sylvanas absorbs the essence of N'Zoth and is killed, to send it to the Shadowlands. It is weakened, but returns.
    -Azeroth the Titan appears at the end of the final raid to save us from crumbling Ny'alotha. Very unique model.
    -Ny'alotha is within the planet. A Titanic plain where the Old Gods attempt to corrupt the Titan. Lovecraftian.

9.0+ Next Expansion:
    -Untitled Black Empire expansion. All zones updated for 2020. Some zones merged. Void theme, but also rebuilding.
    -Updated Quel'thalas' new look is a favorite.
    -The team is much bigger than during Cata. No invisible walls to remove. Progress is very far.
    -Guild Updates: Housing, new achievements, mounts, social features, removed guild controls restored. No auction house in guild hall.
    -Guild Halls will be very customizable, with lots of options, combinations, even holiday stuff.
    -Horde and Alliance are merging into one faction in 9.0. No more crossroads.
    -Many Allied Races are becoming customization options of existing races, and more customization options are being added.
    +This includes Mecha-Gnomes for Gnomes, High Elves and Void Elves for Blood Elf and Gilblins for Goblins.
    +Vulpera and Nightborne will be the only races not to become customization options for existing races.
    -All the Old Gods will re-awaken. And now without the limits on their true power. Their seals broken.
    -9.0 will have a lot of Beta invites, for there is much stuff they want feedback on. Also Beta open quicker.
    -One of the patches will be relying heavily on undeath. Something is happening up in Northrend.
    -Titanforging is gone, but Warforging remains. No new Artifact Power grind system.
    -More dungeons than past expansions. Less focus on how the affixes play into the dungeons.
    -The next expansion's graphics are described as absolutely astounding.
    -Gilneas and Silverpine Forest are becoming one zone, with a story about Gilneas' restoration.
    -Future zones will be a bit more sandboxy. Like those in 8.2.
    -The Ethereals join, to prevent Azeroth being destroyed like K'aresh. Expect to go K'aresh in the expansion.
    -Sylvanas dies, but we'll see her again in the Shadowlands.
    -Night Elves will be making Dire Maul (Eldre'thalas) and Feralas their new home.
    -Desolate Council will return to lead the Forsaken. Also more customization for Forsaken, such as no bones.
    -The PvP system is getting a revamp. They hope to integrate it in a way that makes story sense.
    -Level squish will go from 120 to 60. Then level to 70. Alternative for adding further levels sought.

Upcoming Class design:
    -Tinker Class as new Hero Class. Gnome and Goblin only. Strong campaigning may see other races added.
    -Tinker Class is about riding a robot, shooting rockets and stuff, or deploying robot constructs.
    -Classes less pruned in 9.0. More Class specific spells.
    -Leveling system of 9.0 will come with a much more engaging rewards and talent system. Also new class quests.

State of the Game:
    -Not worried about FFXIV. Convinced next expansion will put WoW back on top.
    -Most of the team disagrees with the corporate practices of Activision.

Classic:
    -Layering will only be for the first stages of the game. Launch day would be a shitshow without it.
    -Only if Classic performs well, will they decide on Expansion Servers.

Future:
    -Bolvar was behind the stuff with Vol'jin. Behind her uniting the factions against her. He lied.
    -Plans to bring Azshara back as an ally in the future.
    -They hope to learn from Classic about things to bring over to retail.
    -Less expansion-specific content.
    -Naga and Ogres would be difficult, but are not impossible in the future, as options exist.
    -Pandaren Death Knights under consideration. No other new race/class combos.
    -No plans to stop making expansions, as long as people continue to buy them.
    -They want to stray away from shock value to focus more on development and engagement in the story.
    -Having two factions has been a hindrance in the storytelling.
    -When Arthas returns, he will remain an enemy of Azeroth. No redemption.
    -Kel'thuzad could possibly make a return.
    -With the faction conflict being resolved, more story can go to racial things, including Pandaren leaders.
    -More things being account-wise is being worked on.
    -Blightcaller will be a more independent character in the future, rather than a pawn.
    -Calia Menethil will also show up when the theme of undead rises again.
    -Ruins of Teldrassil will be explorable. Still in early development right now.

Obvious and Extra Stuff:
    -Subscriptions are here to stay.
    -Blizzard isn't going to be changing the word "nagas" despite some people apparently using it like the n-word.
    -California is expensive living.
    -The employee likes their job.
    -3 Million subscribers, last they heard.
    -No plans for Necromancers in 9.0.
    -Female Ethereals will have boobs.
    -No Dance Studio.
    -No cash shop allied races.
    -No plans to return to Outland any time soon.
    -No plans for a return to Draenor, but there is story potential there.
    -No plans for Warcraft 4.
    -No new movie planned right now.
    -Azshara has not exposed all of her city to the air.
    Is this an old leak you're reposting or...?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!