10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    A lot of people love to throw around the words filler expansion. Shadowlands is a new place entirely with 5 zones (no one here is counting the maw?). A new mode that looks to be great, remains to be seen if they pull it off. M+ and wqs will stay. Covenants is basically 2 new abilities, three new shorter talent trees (soulbinds). And yet you call it "like wod", oh my. I dont know if you played WoD, but it had nothing except for the Garrison and the ring legendary questline. Not even comparable!
    People will call any expansion they don't like "a filler expansion." It's completely lost its meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, its the best-case scenario in a nonworld revamp world. I would rather have another Cataclysm, but this is fine for now. Still, think they are doing it soonish though.
    So we kind of have to take into account that once again we are leaving our world

Maybe there is something new but without any patch content in the old world The scourge invasions and the aftermath might change the world in a way or us releasing the jailer I mean what if the old God really wasn't killed but we ended up just leaving everything to them

The dragon skeleton missing from dragonblight means that there's a possibility that he has risen again and maybe he's not an idiot maybe he's actually really smart so after he rose he just kind of disappeared slowly gathering his strength

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    We have to stop calling anything that tries to create new lore a filler from the getgo, that's how we get to go BACK TO OUR ROOTS for the fifth time in a row, which is the real filler.
    Preach.

Blizz is already notorious for milking established lore, and that's when you get actual asspulls like WoD and BfA's faction war cuz 'member BC/faction conflict???'

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    C'mon man, don't pull a Nyel.

They're not gnna end SL prematurely. BfA is enough proof of this. People need to accept WoD was the exception.

Regarding the premise, remember they made entire expansions of Pandaria and AU Draenor, whereas Argus, Emerald Dream and Ny'alotha (fan favorite xpac concepts in the past) ended up as either patch zones or instances.
    I'm sure Shadowlands will be fine in this regard.
    What makes me think this is if the expansion releases in late November early December (which htinking about it is a terrible idea, all the devs are on holiday instead of preventing bugs)
    If this happens the entire expansion comes late. Meaning we won't be getting 9.1 until at least April/May, 9.2 would fall somewhere around Semptember/October and 9.3 would not see the light of day until somewhere mid Q1 2022 at best.

Unless Blizzard is planning on generally moving the expansion release windows to mid to late Q4 instead of Mid to late Q3 then releasing Shadowlands in December would mean corners have to be cut somewhere.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2019-11-03 at 11:00 AM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Release late September

They still need to give at least two weeks then raid launch with 3 weeks for the race and mythic release

Then BlizzCon

Sept 22/29 of 2020 calling it now

This gives the January raid about 8 months of breathing room

9.0 in August

Now if they are as behind as the interviews suggest then it will be a release just after BlizzCon which is very detrimental to the hyped events like world first race

They have to give us a mini raid and a new dungeon season

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The dragon skeleton missing from dragonblight means that there's a possibility that he has risen again and maybe he's not an idiot maybe he's actually really smart so after he rose he just kind of disappeared slowly gathering his strength
    Galakronds skeleton is missing?

Where was that shown or said?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    People will call any expansion they don't like "a filler expansion." It's completely lost its meaning.
    Fair point. We will see what happens with Shadowlands sometime in Spring, ending an expansion early is really just bad form, and having more of an expansion is generally a good thing so long as it doesnt delay the next expansion.

C'mon man, don't pull a Nyel.

They're not gnna end SL prematurely. BfA is enough proof of this. People need to accept WoD was the exception.

Regarding the premise, remember they made entire expansions of Pandaria and AU Draenor, whereas Argus, Emerald Dream and Ny'alotha (fan favorite xpac concepts in the past) ended up as either patch zones or instances.
    I'm sure Shadowlands will be fine in this regard.
    You see the thing is with the shadowlands and people are overlooking this but it is 100% unknown in terms of lore we have no idea what is going on here we have no idea what the four zones would technically be other than maybe that's all we know maybe the maw is one section of it maybe there is an opposite version of it maybe there's hidden zones just out there we have no idea how any of this works

who was the entity that took Odin's eye in exchange for him being able to see into the shadowlands

where did the soul of arthas end up and who is the jailer or the chained figure that sylvanas now serves or works together with similar to Queen azshara

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

There is a datamined map

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that.

Sharding will easily deal with the problem.
    Well, i know sharding is there but it has a limited capacity per server. So we might end up with crashing zones and WoD garrison like issues.

I am still not sold on sharding and layering. Because it creates a lot of stress on the servers during launch events.

There was a map of Dragonblight someone datamined that had all the major landmarks removed. No Wyrmrest temple, no dragon sanctuaries (or whatever they were called) and no Galakrond.

7+ Year Old Account
    This.

HFC was pretty much just BRF meets mountain dew, and all new models were Legion demons. They pretty much decided post-launch to funnel the remaining WoD devs to Legion.

Loa are wild gods, so that's Emerald Dream and Ardenweald stuff. We do get to see The Other Side as a dung (Bwonsamdi's pocket dimension).
    Exactly, they even said that the shadowlands predate the TItans so we could also get a titan themed zone with Argus and other souls sargeras destroyed in it.

They seemed to have tried to make the statement with the shadowlands that it is an almost infinite concept with endless possibilities of what could be added, meaning that what we get on launch isn't all of shadowlands.

The first datamined patch is probably gonna contain maps of ideas that were later scrapped which could've also worked for the theme (like BfA had various scrapped island ideas that never made it into the game)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What makes me think this is if the expansion releases in late November early December (which htinking about it is a terrible idea, all the devs are on holiday instead of preventing bugs)
    If this happens the entire expansion comes late. Meaning we won't be getting 9.1 until at least April/May, 9.2 would fall somewhere around Semptember/October and 9.3 would not see the light of day until somewhere mid Q1 2022 at best.

Unless Blizzard is planning on generally moving the expansion release windows to mid to late Q4 instead of Mid to late Q3 then releasing Shadowlands in December would mean corners have to be cut somewhere.
    Releasing BfA in august was them cutting corners m8.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a datamined map
    Do you have a link?

Oh great Dataminer!
    I call thee, oh great one!
    I call thee forth.... @Marlamin
    Bless us with information!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean why would the Titans lie about it. What point is there in lying in how the universe came about? Certainly not for no reason. As I said to someone else, I hope Blizzard isn't turning Titans into big assholes, I like the vibe that they are just as flawed as us "mortals."
    I like to think that they believe they are the first but in reality they know they aren't

like how in supernatural which is really stupid for me to say because it's a show you had Angels and demons and they thought they were all mighty and they were the first creations but in reality locked away behind a very very hidden and sealed door were the leviathans

How they worshipped God as the creator of all unmatched in power only to realize that when he said let there be light and there was well the darkness got pissed

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Pretty much, no expansion gets planned as a filler, but wod turned out to be so because it was cut short. (Tho I'm still glad of the evergreen content we got from it, mainly timewalking and mythic difficulty dungeons)
    Exactly! And too many in the wow community dont believe this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Apologies, I re-read what you wrote and missed the "nt" in doesnt, we seem to be in agreement.
    No worries <3

Releasing BfA in august was them cutting corners m8.
    not really I mean the systems all came out how it was it was just that they thought the systems they had in the way they were were okay and figured they could talk the players into agreeing with them by releasing it close enough to BlizzCon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There was a map of Dragonblight someone datamined that had all the major landmarks removed. No Wyrmrest temple, no dragon sanctuaries (or whatever they were called) and no Galakrond.
    It was basically just the landscape of Dragonblight with all the doodads removed IIRC. The fact that everything was removed gives us no idication to Galakgrond specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a link?

Oh great Dataminer!
    I call thee, oh great one!
    I call thee forth.... @Marlamin
    Bless us with information!
    https://wow.tools/maps/2193/689/6/-4.000/4.000

It was this.

I stand corrected from my previous statement since the map is named Galakronds Fall, clearly pointing to him
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

not really I mean the systems all came out how it was it was just that they thought the systems they had in the way they were were okay and figured they could talk the players into agreeing with them by releasing it close enough to BlizzCon
    Ye, cutting corners, that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Exactly! And too many in the wow community dont believe this.
    Definitely do not think anyone in Blizz is activelyplanning for Shadowlands to be a lackluster expansion or anything. what i am saying is taht the comparisions ot WoD are uncanny.

That being said, pretty much impossible that Shadowlands is as bad as WoD. The amount of good content is far higher, and Targhest looks like it oculd carry the entire expansion alone if it had to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    https://wow.tools/maps/2193/689/6/-4.000/4.000

It was this.

I stand corrected from my previous statement since the map is named Galakronds Fall, clearly pointing to him
    Thanks.

Very interesting.

Formerly known as Arafal