Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    So here's confirmation Corruption is not a system continuing in Shadowlands.

For all those who thought we would get it in Shadowlands.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas
    Corruption is a test for what other systems they can do if they want to replace Titanforging. Corruption itself as a specific mechanic wasn't going to carry over, its a 'thing' that is connected to N'zoth. Makes little sense to have it in the Shadowlands.

But hey, I suspect he would also say Artifact Power and Azurite are not the same thing, despite being very similar.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Corruption itself as a specific mechanic wasn't going to carry over, its a 'thing' that is connected to N'zoth.
    There were some posters who literally thought this though. And probably some who still do that haven't watched that video.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    alpha/beta is just a demo change my mind.
    After the alpha release, this thread will have a fight of "is alpha!" vs " is beta"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Corruption is a test for what other systems they can do if they want to replace Titanforging. Corruption itself as a specific mechanic wasn't going to carry over, its a 'thing' that is connected to N'zoth. Makes little sense to have it in the Shadowlands.

But hey, I suspect he would also say Artifact Power and Azurite are not the same thing, despite being very similar.
    "New: Jailed items"

But i'd agree that artifact power and azerite aren't the same thing. Azerite is lore. Artifact power is what you use to empower your artifacts, including the Heart of Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post
    After the alpha release, this thread will have a fight of "is alpha!" vs " is beta"
    I intend to go with "pre-beta".

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It should be like this:

Alpha is where you "form" game, give it to few players from all spectrum to get specific feedback.

Beta is where game is (more or less) complete, you invite much more people. At this point feedback is useless - too much noise - but large sample is great with finding bugs.

That's why BfA launch (season 1, first days weren't so bad) was horrible, they started Beta when game was still going through serious changes (member massive class changes like month before pre-patch?) and didn't put enough focus on bugs.

We will get something instead. How much it will be similar to corruption, it depends from their feedback. Personally I think they'll keep "you can use only few empowered items" part, but bonus will be smaller than corruption.

For sure there is no going back to old gearing. People would love it, get their bis and have 0 reason to play until next patch. Just like Classic. Unless they would massively nerf drop, so you would get items as often as titanforge, but in most cases, instead of "normal" item - nothing.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-02-12 at 10:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For sure there is no going back to old gearing. People would love it, get their bis and have 0 reason to play until next patch. Just like Classic. Unless they would massively nerf drop, so you would get items as often as titanforge, but in most cases, instead of "normal" item - nothing.
    They should make it similar to Azerite gear with Residuum. There's specific pieces you can buy at a premium currency if you don't happen to get it from running m+ for weeks.

The point they talked about m+ allowing you to choose from 6 available options is another step towards it.

I don't think we have to go back to old Classic style gearing, but they definitely need to taper down the amount of RNG with itemization currently.

Go back to allowing certain professions to make sockets too, again have it require either lots of premium currency or something.

If Classic-Wrath can be considered the most deterministic gearing while BFA considered the most RNG, they should find a happy medium in between.

So what's the general consensus on alpha/beta date?

Yeah, it will be called something different but the concept will likely stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Sooooooooon™

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "New: Jailed items"

But i'd agree that artifact power and azerite aren't the same thing. Azerite is lore. Artifact power is what you use to empower your artifacts, including the Heart of Azeroth.

I intend to go with "pre-beta".
    In case you didn't notice.. "Artifact Power"-> "Azerite Power"-> "Anima Power" = "AP"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    In case you didn't notice.. "Artifact Power"-> "Azerite Power"-> "Anima Power" = "AP"
    We don't even know how Anima is going to work in gameplay yet. If there's one thing about Azerite, it doesn't feel terrible like Artifact power.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We don't even know how Anima is going to work in gameplay yet. If there's one thing about Azerite, it doesn't feel terrible like Artifact power.
    lol.. uh... yeh.. uh.. okaaaayyyyy dude. That's like.... your opinion maaaaan. Artifact power made way more sense lore wise than Azerite and azerite power. And gameplay wise .."Can't wear this piece of gear because you didn't level your azerite power".
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-02-13 at 01:27 AM.

Then you probably missed more things than you realised, which would explain why you think there's no secrets.
    And i have no idea why you should stop participating. But you should realise that it won't be remotely challenging, and there isn't much Blizz can do about that because people like you will and have thrown a tantrum if they try.
    Blizzards lazy ass solution was to add blanket scaling to all world content. Thus removing the RPG aspect of getting more powerful with gear.

Of course bad players are going to cry. There is someone in this thread claiming they still find WQs challenging, to this day.

There are other ways to solve this problem. Really simple ones. Too bad they don't want to put the effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    As much as I dislike WoW, you do realize you can do more than just "fly around" the world, right? Cause the newer zones and shit have exploration and all. Besides, "boring as fuck quests" is basically the norm. It's always been. Since 2004. WoW Classic proved this to you guys.
    What exploration is there in 2 zones I've already fully explored before?

There are garbage little "world events", dailies, chests and rares. That's it.

I'm actually quite excited to see more of Shadowlands.

The story isn't that particularly appealing to me. Heck, the transmogs hold more interest than that. But I'll take anything over more Horde vs Alliance.

No, I think it's the visual design that I have high hopes for. It may be nostalgia running, but it really feels like a designer just went:

"What if we merge Outland and Wrath of the Lich King?"

And I'm kind of looking forward to that. Familiar thematic things to the Scourge, but on floating alien landmasses like Outland. That may just be a winning formula.

I do wonder what their storytelling will be. The Saurfang-style cinematic team made some amazing stuff in BfA. Unfortunately, if they pick that approach again, it'll be with Bolvar. And I don't like him at all, due to him being a total dick with what he made the DKs do in Legion. After having the Silver Hand and Wyrmrest attacked, I feel they ruined him as a lead character to follow the journey of. Besides cinematics and one pre-book, BfA felt kind of light on extra content. No free stories. No animations after the Warbringer ones. I hope we get a little more to bring an alien world like the Shadowlands alive. Some stories or comics diving into the covenants could make for some great world-building.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not really correct, though. Nothing refers to "Azerite Power" in the game, Azerite rewards still give you "Artifact Power." Artifact Power is the progression system for your Artifact.

As far as we know, there's no plan to bring Artifacts forward into Shadowlands.

And if they stick to what they said at Blizzcon, anima is going to work more like a weekly-capped currency than an endless progression system.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Some are claiming it could start as late as early March. I hope not.

Well, you clearly missed that we're still getting Artifact Power and Azerite Power isn't actually a thing.

We also already know that Anima (not Anima Power) works differently since it has a weekly hardcap on how much you can spend on power progression and is thus actually functionally different from the other two.

lol.. uh... yeh.. uh.. okaaaayyyyy dude. That's like.... your opinion maaaaan. Artifact power made way more sense lore wise than Azerite and azerite power. And gameplay wise .."Can't wear this piece of gear because you didn't level your azerite power".
    Try to stay with the times. That hasn't been a thing since 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Blizzards lazy ass solution was to add blanket scaling to all world content. Thus removing the RPG aspect of getting more powerful with gear.
    You mean the aspect you were just now complaining about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yeah, it will be called something different but the concept will likely stay.
    I don't believe so. The whole concept of corruption is kiss/curse items. They're saying the system is not continuing.

What you're essentially saying is they'll do another "Artifact Power to Azerite Power" in which case:

1) They never stated Artifact Power and Azerite Power were different, and in fact said it was the same thing.

2) You don't believe Corruption system is staying as an 8.3 feature (essentially saying Ion is lying here).

- - - Updated - - -

They've already stated Anima has a weekly cap. That already differentiates it from the two previous APs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm actually quite excited to see more of Shadowlands.

The story isn't that particularly appealing to me. Heck, the transmogs hold more interest than that. But I'll take anything over more Horde vs Alliance.

No, I think it's the visual design that I have high hopes for. It may be nostalgia running, but it really feels like a designer just went:

"What if we merge Outland and Wrath of the Lich King?"

And I'm kind of looking forward to that. Familiar thematic things to the Scourge, but on floating alien landmasses like Outland. That may just be a winning formula.

I do wonder what their storytelling will be. The Saurfang-style cinematic team made some amazing stuff in BfA. Unfortunately, if they pick that approach again, it'll be with Bolvar. And I don't like him at all, due to him being a total dick with what he made the DKs do in Legion. After having the Silver Hand and Wyrmrest attacked, I feel they ruined him as a lead character to follow the journey of. Besides cinematics and one pre-book, BfA felt kind of light on extra content. No free stories. No animations after the Warbringer ones. I hope we get a little more to bring an alien world like the Shadowlands alive. Some stories or comics diving into the covenants could make for some great world-building.
    I'm very excited as well.

Also, I think it gives the developers something else: time to let Azeroth breathe. They've quickly had so many things happen on the world of Azeroth without really changing much since Cataclysm. I think they're also looking to kind of come back with some recharged creative energy for Azeroth after taking a crack at Shadowlands - an expansion where basically anything and everything goes.

We've had not much, if any, prior lore here. Therefore there will be lots of new stories/lore to experience. It might actually be the first expansion where I DON'T rush to end-game stuff.

1) They never stated Artifact Power and Azerite Power were different, and in fact said it was the same thing.
    And then decided to ditch Azerite Power entirely and just leave the bar as Artifact Power. The only thing that was even changed is Artifact Knowledge, and that change is mostly visual as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Some are claiming it could start as late as early March. I hope not.
    With Ion saying they're about to talk about more Shadowlands stuff in the NEAR FUTURE (his words), we could very well likely see some news Late Feb.

- - - Updated - - -

And then decided to ditch Azerite Power entirely and just leave the bar as Artifact Power. The only thing that was even changed is Artifact Knowledge, and that change is mostly visual as well.
    Yup. Feels like some people on this forum just need crazy amounts of cynicism to function. So many blanket accusations towards Blizzard, it's getting stupid at this point.

They never lied about AP being AP, whether it was in Legion or BFA. And with Anima they've confirmed that weekly cap, yet still people are like "OH MY GOD GEORGE WE GOTTA DO ANOTHER AP GRIND AGAIN!"