Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It's Blizzard, so probably this.
    When he does the blood moon thing in BfD there's a bunch of ghost wind serpents flying around Dazaralor, and there normally aren't that many in the area. It's no coincidence that he's located near the blood trolls and that there are a bunch of references to Hakkar either.

An archaeology thing even shows that the first Blood Trolls were based off Hakkar.

Can you imagine Hakkar being the boss of Bwonsamdi?
    Just think about all the souls the blood plague must have brought them...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I actually think of Bwonsamdi as more of a mortal troll that ascended into Loahood, rather than a 'wild god'. I doubt the he was created by the Titans.

I've had quite a lot of people argue with me that he isn't, but it just doesn't fit

I still find it curious how Bwonsamdi has a 'blood moon' thing that he does. Is it blood magic, or just something cool that he can do?
    I don't think, that the Blood Moon is associated with Blood magic. Or at least, we have seen no hints for it until now. Blood magic as we see it in WoW usually needs some kind of sacrifice. Also none of his abilites in BoD are based on blood, even his deal with Rastadumb doesn't involve it.

I hope we get to learn a bit about Bwonsamdi in SL. I'd love to hear his origins.

Personally I don't think alpha or a public build is coming today. My bet is on Tuesday/Wednesday if anything at all happens this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Can you imagine Hakkar being the boss of Bwonsamdi?
    Just think about all the souls the blood plague must have brought them...
    I think Bwon may have had a direct hand in spreading the blood plague, as it only benefited him.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    When he does the blood moon thing in BfD there's a bunch of ghost wind serpents flying around Dazaralor, and there normally aren't that many in the area. It's no coincidence that he's located near the blood trolls and that there are a bunch of references to Hakkar either.

An archaeology thing even shows that the first Blood Trolls were based off Hakkar.
    Actually there are quite a few windserpents all around Zuldazar. There camps on the eastern side of Dazar'alor, west of the Zocalo and in the north of the zone, close to Nesingwary's encampment.

3+ Year Old Account

I mean, there are a lot of Pterrodaxxes, but he'd probably piss of Pa'ku of he did that.

Besides, we haven't seen a skeletal Pterrodax, right?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I think Bwon may have had a direct hand in spreading the blood plague, as it only benefited him.
    Inb4 Bwonsamdi was an ancient priest of Hakkar, who spread the plague in his name and got ascended to loahood after dying by Hakkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Inb4 Bwonsamdi was an ancient priest of Hakkar, who spread the plague in his name and got ascended to loahood after dying by Hakkar.
    He is mentioned as predating the trolls though, or at least Troll society, so i find it unlikely he was a priest, unless the implication is that he was the first "sentient" troll and he simply decided to worship Hakkar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    He is mentioned as predating the trolls though, or at least Troll society, so i find it unlikely he was a priest, unless the implication is that he was the first "sentient" troll and he simply decided to worship Hakkar.
    I wasn't really serious. :P

He really seems like a odd man out among the loa. MAybe he's to the trolls what aggamaggan is to the quillboar/ursoc is to the jalgar/furbolg.

Anyways, I'm really excited to (hopefully) learn more about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    I wasn't really serious. :P

He really seems like a odd man out among the loa. MAybe he's to the trolls what aggamaggan is to the quillboar/ursoc is to the jalgar/furbolg.

Anyways, I'm really excited to (hopefully) learn more about him.
    I could see that. The other possibility based on what the wild gods supposedly are is that he like the other wild gods is an ascended troll from when they were still feral.

There is definitely a lot to unpack about his backstory, chief among them being why he is associated with death. Either he is somehow tied directly to Azeroth as a death entity, or he somehow chose to embrace death, which would tie nicely into the Sylvanas story in Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I could see that. The other possibility based on what the wild gods supposedly are is that he like the other wild gods is an ascended troll from when they were still feral.

There is definitely a lot to unpack about his backstory, chief among them being why he is associated with death. Either he is somehow tied directly to Azeroth as a death entity, or he somehow chose to embrace death, which would tie nicely into the Sylvanas story in Shadowlands.
    Dunno.

I mean the problem is that "loa" is such broad church. Trolls basic just call anything they deem powerful enough to be worth worshiping a loa.

There are all sorts of entities that hae been called and worshiped as loa from wild gods, arcane entities and even a cithraxi of an old God. So being called a loa and being worshiped as a loa dosnt really reveal anything about the entities real taxonamy or nature.

Most of the loa do tend to be wild gods, but Bwonsamdi dosnt fit with that, halkar is in the rough shape of a wind serpent and he is associated with wind serpents but we have direct quotes that he is not a wild god and Quetz'lun is the wild god of wind serpents, he is hinted at being something older and darker but also not "old God" void related. There there is gahuun who was an old God artificaly made but called a loa by the blood trolls, and then there's the old god powerful minions that hae at different times been called and worshiped as loa.

Hopefully Shadowlands takes the opportunity to explore Bwonsamdi and hakkar and what they actualy are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I mean, there are a lot of Pterrodaxxes, but he'd probably piss of Pa'ku of he did that.

Besides, we haven't seen a skeletal Pterrodax, right?
    You can buy a ghost one as a mount. If that counts.

Ok so Towelliee just said that there is 0 chance of alpha dropping this week, same as last.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Yeah fuck off. I have given you proof, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
    there was once case in my country when dude saw UFO from a window and as a proof he took a picture of the window, thats how much of a "proof" you gave him

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Ok so Towelliee just said that there is 0 chance of alpha dropping this week, same as last.
    And this would line up with Taliesin 'prediction' of mid march release from a few weeks ago. Next week it is then.

Another week with no expectations then. If we're lucky we get a datamineable build but nothing playable.

Even if he's right (which I doubt), we could still get a datamineable build.

Oh look, Towelliee is moving the goalposts again.

It could drop tonight and he’d be like ‘yeah guys I totally knew it was coming this week’.

He has no clue like the rest of us.

Have Towelliee or Taliesen ever given any credence to their supposed clout with the alpha situation? Ever given any sort of evidence at all that they have insider info beyond just saying that they do?

People say Towelliee has been "right" in the past but what does that even mean? I could say the Alpha is dropping in March, and when it does, that makes me right. But does that give me clout with Blizzard? Give me a break.

These two have blatantly shown behavior in the past they are desperate to become/remain relevant in the WoW community. Towelliee shit-talks tons of other streamers all the time in order to bait them into drama, and Taliesin had an entire stream dedicated to crapping on Asmongold just so he could have drama with him, and benefited from a boost in viewers on Twitch. I don't trust either as far as I could throw them.

All ive seen is slootbag say on stream to paraphrase from memory when asked " we dont know when its coming out but blizzard gives us a general time frame"

and i do genuinely believe influencers do get special info because they get private tours of blizz HQ and events like the classic one.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-03-09 at 02:40 PM.