De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    There are more chances that we are going to get after Shadowlands the Necromancer class with 4 specs (1 for each covenant) teaching us that its not just decay and undead, but afterlife and resurrection, repenteance and inmortality and hope with purpose.
    Wouldn't that make them on par with Druids, since they also have 4 specs?
    I could see Kyrian for tanking, Venthyr for dps (spellcasting?) , Necrolords for physical dps/ maybe also a 'pet spec?' (they'd have an undead pet), and Night Fae for healing. Not sure if they'd make it a Hero class, maybe no because we have DKs?

Ahmanét, daughter of Bwonsamdi
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Also as much as some hate to say it, bfa is still performing better than wod. Even befor every one was shut in. That's not me saying bfa is good, just that theres more people logging raids and far more guilds around than there was at the end of wod. Which generally points to a healthier playerbase. But its like comparing cow shit to dog shit, both shit but at least one dosnt kill your plants.
    Yeah this is truth. Whoever thinks BFA is worse than WoD is not understanding just how bad it got for the WoW dev team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ce_by_players/

That shows a bit of their status at the time, before Legion was out.

I highly doubt they are making a class, but if they did, it would probably be the dark ranger.

The recent quest in Tirisfal that had Calia take a bunch of rangers with her could easily be the catalyst for that. The only reason I thought that could be the case in this super unlikely scenario is there's a blood elf amongst the group who leaves with Calia too.

I'm more inclined to say they were just setting up new customization options for Belf/Nelf, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I highly doubt they are making a class, but if they did, it would probably be the dark ranger.

The recent quest in Tirisfal that had Calia take a bunch of rangers with her could easily be the catalyst for that. The only reason I thought that could be the case in this super unlikely scenario is there's a blood elf amongst the group who leaves with Calia too.

I'm more inclined to say they were just setting up new customization options for Belf/Nelf, though.
    Calia in Tirisfal with dark rangers? What quest is this?

I do think there is something we don't know about. Doubt its a class though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I do think there is something we don't know about. Doubt its a class though.
    It’s got to be connected to the covenants in some way

I suspect weapon models

they are just lazing off "homeworking"

I am worried about the quality of Shadowlands tbh. Sure they can get it done, but there wont be nearly enough opportunities for feedback from other devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I believe this was made by @ro9ue and confirmed by himself? Unless I'm mistaking, but this is definitely fake and was made by someone on MMO-C who admitted so.
    Yeah, fake.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    That's just regular maintenance, isn't it?
    EU patch day is Wednesday?
    Yes, Wednesday. That one specific Wednesday.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Preach just said theres a really high chance a new class will be coming with Shadowlands after all.
    He can't say anything about it and we have to wait for Blizzard.
    On stream???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How would creating a new class work logistically though? We would have to assume that Blizzard is going to use the Covid-19 as an excuse to pad out development time just so they can instead use the time to create the assets and coding for an entirely new class. Creating something lije that is just not feasible on the fly.
    What if the reason why we saw barely anything at BlizzCon is because they were trying to hide whatever would be used with the new class

What if it isn’t a decision that they just now made but a decision that they’ve been working around since the announcement and they want to ring it out as a big deal and a big surprise and totally fuck us with it on April Fools’ Day jess for it to turn out to be real

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    On stream???
    Only in Hyrja's wet dreams.
    Come on guys, as if blizzard wouldn't use a new class to pad them sweet sweet pre-purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Only in Hyrja's wet dreams.
    Come on guys, as if blizzard wouldn't use a new class to pad them sweet sweet pre-purchases.
    This.

If Blizzard announces a new class just now it's solely because Shadowlands pre-orders have been abysmal and they needed to create something within a few months to salvage Shadowlands overall. Nobody in their right minds would think they were working on a class for more than a few months and then not reveal it during the Blizzcon announcement.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

We're not going to get Tinkers anyway, purely because they blew their wad on that with Mechagon, and it's "too late to be thematically appropriate now."

Same could be true of a dragon-inspired class and all the dragon empowerments the HoA has had, although a trip to the Dragon Isles might change that.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Maybe they messed everything with level squish

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Maybe they messed everything with level squish
    I doubt that. I think 8.3s poor reception to core systems of Shadowlands made them do a 180 in regards of Torghast and "Corruption 2.0" so they had to go back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    I doubt that. I think 8.3s poor reception to core systems of Shadowlands made them do a 180 in regards of Torghast and "Corruption 2.0" so they had to go back to the drawing board.
    What makes you think that ? Especially since corruption 2.0 was never mentioned for Shadowlands , Corruption was just a test of what they can do with items without TF/WF which was a good test to know what works and what doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    What makes you think that ? Especially since corruption 2.0 was never mentioned for Shadowlands , Corruption was just a test of what they can do with items without TF/WF which was a good test to know what works and what doesn't
    Corruption makes sense in regards of a new item progression system. It fits the Shadowlands, e.g. the longer you stay in one zone the more affected you get by that. Maybe each zone has a specific kind of corruption type. Or corruption is the progression system going on in Torghast. The higher you climb the stronger you get but with downsides. Most "final patch game mechanics" made a return sooner or later as the final patch is a testing ground for new stuff. Crucible was later part Azerite gear part Essences and Soulbinds look too much like Crucible 2.0 as well. In one way or another corruption was planned to make a comeback.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    Horrific Visions was a test for Torghast and Corruption a test for whatever RNG Shadowlands will have. They said that during blizzcon. HV were received okay. Corruption split the community right in half, so it makes sense that they iterate on the ideas and change things. Same with Covenant Abilities, those were pretty hated on during Blizzcon and afer the reveal of the DK abilities. So they had to iterate on that aswell, this is speculation, sure, but it fits right into the delayed Alpha. COVID-19 might be a factor, but nowhere near as big as people think. They try to work in a lot of Feedback from 8.3 and Blizzcon.

I would say Corruption 2.0 could just be the craftable Legendaries (slapping corruption effects on an item and bam) but who knows tbh. When alpha drops next week we will know for sure.