Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    2-4 hrs? If we get alpha, I'm p sure it won't be right as they go to work.

I'd say give it 6-8 hrs.
    BfA and Legion both dropped at ~02:00 GMT, so you have 12ish hours if SL is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I want to see all the cosmetics, not just back slots, but general transmog, not just from covenants, but from levelling and dungeons. Maybe even the first raid if we are lucky.
    Blizzard will definitely have to prove themsleves with this expansion if they intend to keep doing only 1 armor set per type. Doesnt matter terribly to me as a hunter, but in general BfA started great in that regard and then ended horribly, unless Shadowlands starts strong then i don't think Blizzard will manage to keep along with the criticisms.
    Oh yeah for sure, most sets in BFA were so incredibly boring and quite frankly just ugly. Going from Legion to BFA in terms of armor sets was a MASSIVE leap backwards. The only set that I really liked from BFA was the alliance plate warfront set.
    From what we've seen so far the plate sets have looked incredible from the covenants, mainly the necrolords one. I guess we'll see, plate sets rarely dissappoint though in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    Oh yeah for sure, most sets in BFA were so incredibly boring and quite frankly just ugly. Going from Legion to BFA in terms of armor sets was a MASSIVE leap backwards. The only set that I really liked from BFA was the alliance plate warfront set.
    From what we've seen so far the plate sets have looked incredible from the covenants, mainly the necrolords one. I guess we'll see, plate sets rarely dissappoint though in my opinion.
    I don't think the sets themselves were that bad. Some of them i do like, though being a hunter i am already used to the feeling of getting the scraps left over from when the set designers are done designing the other sets.
    The problem i have with BfA is that we didnt get more than a single set from 8.3, which is an absolutely massive step back. The initial dump of Warfront and Uldir sets were nice, and just about managed to be as varied as they could ahve been even with class sets, then 8.1 just about managed to scrape by with the Warfront and BfD set. After that it all went downhill fast, with 8.2 at least managing to conjure up a second levelling green quality set outside the raid, with the Gladiator set having to be a recolor of hte raid set again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Where would I submit account flagged info so that dataminers might access it
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-04-06 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Where would I submit account flagged info so that dataminers might access it

- - - Updated - - -

https://tinyurl.com/flagged-account-data
    marlamin@marlamin.com holla @ me

7+ Year Old Account
    Good morning to you all at the start of a workweek just like any other workweek. No rumblings here.

I've been nothing but disappointed with the raid sets of BfA. They're either horrible as far as Hunter fantasy goes, or they're literally designed for Shaman.
    The T3 Warfront sets have been amaze, and I love some Mythic sets from BoD, but other than that I'm really REALLY hoping they return to class-based sets in SL... Especially for Demon Hunters, loads of chestpieces etc were adapted and looked different on them during Legion. In BfA? Nothing. Everything covers them up like on a Catholic beach in the 1910's...

Also, let's not forget that Eternal Palace sets were more or less a return to Cataclysm armor in terms of advanced details and 3D features... SO disappointing.

Towelliee is saying today is the earliest it can happen, pack it up its not day

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Marlamin says the plan is for today.

7+ Year Old Account
    ? Their offices aren't even open yet/they're just getting opened up and about to start their day lol wtf

Datamining is all I'm looking forward to anyway

The plan is for today. Plans change and things can happen.

We're still probably 2-3 hours before we can see anything, at the earliest.

Ion just went online...

Ion just facetimed me...

Quote Originally Posted by Itshappeningyes View Post
    Marlamin says the plan is for today.
    Add in few rounds of Murphy's Law and the Alpha will be on the servers on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've been nothing but disappointed with the raid sets of BfA. They're either horrible as far as Hunter fantasy goes, or they're literally designed for Shaman.
    The T3 Warfront sets have been amaze, and I love some Mythic sets from BoD, but other than that I'm really REALLY hoping they return to class-based sets in SL... Especially for Demon Hunters, loads of chestpieces etc were adapted and looked different on them during Legion. In BfA? Nothing. Everything covers them up like on a Catholic beach in the 1910's...

Also, let's not forget that Eternal Palace sets were more or less a return to Cataclysm armor in terms of advanced details and 3D features... SO disappointing.
    I am willing to accept a few of them.

The levelling set for mail in Kul TIras was good, especially if you wanted to make a Kul Tiran infantryman set.

The dungeon set for Kul Tiras as well was pretty bland, and given i can only remember a single mail dungeon set my hunter would actually wear i almost wonder if they even have a dedicated team for that one.

Levelling and dungeon set for Zandalar was far too gaudy to be used for anything but extreme niche sets were you need a specific color and nothing else.

Alliance warfront Mail set was great, and one of 2 raid-quality sets i would actually wear as a whole set.

Uldir set was nothing special, but also not ugly. Just kinda boring. At least some pieces from it works great with other transmogs.

BfD mail set might be the nadir of set design. Never before have i seen a set so completely devoid of creative intent. I am not even sure there was one. It looks like it was designed by taking the pieces from otehr sets that didnt look good neough and combining them into one. Like the shoulders were supposed to be the Plate set until it was deemed too ugly, and the robes were part of the Necromancer cloth set until the designers put more effort into it.
    The only redeeming part of it was that the gloves fit into certain transmogs where you want ot have bones. But other than that i don't think Blizzard will ever make a set so incredibly ugly again, i will be shocked if they even come close.

The mail Darkshore warfront set was okay. It looked a bit too gaudy, but i will give that a pass. If we had gotten an alternate color scheme with more grays and muted colors i might put that far higher on the ranking of gear.

Nazjatar set was not great. But perfectly satisfactory given what it was supposed to be. It is possibly the set that best exemplifies how many of the Mail sets would look better if you simply redesigned the helm.

The Eternal Palace set was pretty good i found. I would definitely argue that the Antorus set was far better. But as a naga themed set it definitely could have gone way worse.

Finally the Ny'alotha set is simply designed for casters and not at all for hunters. So it almost feels like i am missing the point if i shit on it for being awful for hunters. More than anything i was just disappointed that set was the only one you could get from 8.3. No outdoor content set, no PvP set. Not even a recolor of a previous Warfront set.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not even 8am in California, have some patience.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Add in few rounds of Murphy's Law and the Alpha will be on the servers on Thursday.
    Dammit, Murphy. You had your fun with COVID-19. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Dammit, Murphy. You had your fun with COVID-19. Enough is enough.
    I mean, consdering the amount of slowdown with Covid-19. We have already been delayed by the pandemic, and Blizzard has had weeks to acclimitize to the new work enviroment and decide when to give releasing the Alpha a shot.
    What could possibly happen to make the situation worse?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Instead of complaining about waiting for Alpha, I've got RP stuff to work on! Like menus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, consdering the amount of slowdown with Covid-19. We have already been delayed by the pandemic, and Blizzard has had weeks to acclimitize to the new work enviroment and decide when to give releasing the Alpha a shot.
    What could possibly happen to make the situation worse?
    I think they're in a pretty good spot, I'm guessing the servers are already up and they've deployed enough encrypted 9.0 builds to get most if not all bugs out of the deployment process. Then again, that's from a purely outside perspective. There could be all sorts of internal things that go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Instead of complaining about waiting for Alpha, I've got RP stuff to work on! Like menus!
    I'm going to take a nap.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2020-04-06 at 02:56 PM.