Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Gotta save Bolvar, he is the only decent character left in this cast! Plus he bought me my first epic mount!
    hasn't he been on ice longer than arthas was? lore-wise.

i'm sure he could come out of that if he needs to, and if he did there'd be no need to save him from sylvanas. he's at least comparable to malfurion in strength, and malf tanked sylvanas' special death blast and only lost a pinch of health while sylv was nearly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    the info on a cutscene involving Ra Den wasn't up till tonight though
    He didnt say cutscene, he said story moment.

Which, judging from HFC where we had a questline introducing the various bosses, or Antorus, where we had a questline introducing various bosses, and most zones, where we have questlines introducing various bosses, I dont see why Ra-den, who along with Wrathion and Nzoth is the only non-rando boss wouldnt get an explanation.

Looks like quite a lot happened while i was sleeping.

The N'zoth cutscene is interesting though, and i would think that we definitely don't defeat him fully here. It would be highly unusual to have a low-quality in-game cutscene like this to cap off the boss, especially when Xal'atath still hasnt been used, my predictions for that are still on Wrathion stabbing N'zoth with the blade, N'zoth laughs maniacally then seemingly dies/is absorbed into the blade.

Nice to see people coming around to Razorpax not having a genuine leak though. He certainly got a few things right, but not exactly by arguing specific story beats.
    Still waiting for him to actually say what is supposedly happening on Wednesday that is such a massive shakeup, i wondered whether he was going to say a PTR but it seems we got that early, so i guess he can't fall back on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    He didnt say cutscene, he said story moment.

Which, judging from HFC where we had a questline introducing the various bosses, or Antorus, where we had a questline introducing various bosses, and most zones, where we have questlines introducing various bosses, I dont see why Ra-den, who along with Wrathion and Nzoth is the only non-rando boss wouldnt get an explanation.
    Vexiona also got introduced previously through quests (a questline for the first essence you get, when upgrading it to higher ranks)

And Il'gynoth isn't random either.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    What I'm hoping we'll get in little over a week from now:

- Races no longer tied to factions.
    - Revamp of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.
    - Level squish to 60.
    - Dynamic world content everywhere.
    - The story has somehow been reset, for example with a catastrophic event in which lots of people die, civilizations crumble, and so on. We're adventurers, Jedi in exile if you will, seeking to restore the world.

What I fear we'll get:

- sYlVaNaS iS tHe LicH qUeEn
    - tHe WoRlD wIlL bE sLowLy UpDaTeD zOnE bY zOnE
    - yOu CaN nOw TaLk tO tHe OtHeR fAcTiOn In rAiDs
    I mean, they literally said this was their plan in the beginning of BfA. Expecting anything different at this point is your own fault

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Vexiona also got introduced previously through quests (a questline for the first essence you get, when upgrading it to higher ranks)

Hopefully the questline will be closer to the HFC questline, still the gold standard in building up raid bosses for me.

We also get introduced to the cultist lady before the raid. If we count Carapace of N'zoth as part of N'zoth, then most raid bosses in the raid aren't randoms.

And we had some small pieces of information about the Mantid Queen (Grand Empress Shek'zara) supposed to take over Shek'zeer in MoP I think, right ?

"Revamp of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms."

I really hope the next expansion isn't another Cataclysm. Cataclysm sucked. So much time sunk into re-designs.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    And we had some small pieces of information about the Mantid Queen (Grand Empress Shek'zara) supposed to take over Shek'zeer in MoP I think, right ?
    Yeah, it's actually a big payoff because the Klaaxi tell you back in MoP that while they're working with you now, when the Old Gods return they will serve their masters.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Yeah, it's actually a big payoff because the Klaaxi tell you back in MoP that while they're working with you now, when the Old Gods return they will serve their masters.
    Technically we already had the payoff with the Klaxxi paragons being a boss fight in SoO because of Y'sharrj, but it is nice to see that they didnt backtrack and make the Klaxxi allies again for some contrived reason so they could appeal to nostalgia.

Yep, that's good to see Blizzard didn't forget about them and their alignment in this whole Titan vs Old God stuff.

Too bad there isn't any build-up though, she's one boss in the raid and gtfo, Klaxxis never to be seen ever again

Kinda makes me wish the Nerubians we helped in Wrath came back as enemies during this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yep, that's good to see Blizzard didn't forget about them and their alignment in this whole Titan vs Old God stuff.

Too bad there isn't any build-up though, she's one boss in the raid and gtfo, Klaxxis never to be seen ever again
    Is she the boss in the rain

I might be wrong because I only looked over to the journal a couple times specifically to see if we have the new il'gynoth model in yet that looks like a love child between immerseus and dr. Ooze

it does make sense though if we are fighting the big bad of the black empire that all of his forces will have some representation

However I think that it is very very unlikely that old God is dead

yeah I know we blast them with a Kamehameha I get that I've seen the cinematic but not only is it a work in progress it also doesn't really show us anything I mean it can be summed up as hey we're being mind-controlled no wait we're not being mind-controlled anymore okay we're going to blast you and the azurite blast looks very weird at least from my perspective and then nothing because the next cinematic happens

And until we see that cinematic there's no reason for us to think that he's done and as far as I can tell right now the gift that he gave us doesn't give us any new whispers so we would have to wait until after the raid to see if there's anything new or maybe during the raid

while blizzard has definitely dropped the ball when it comes to story in battle for azeroth one can certainly not say that they are inconsistent this expansion

my personal thought is that we weaken the old god with that blast because there was a line that was State of mind where broadcast text says that he will not be defeated by a tool of the Titans or a toy of the Titans and I think that is when he's defeated with the dagger

also we have to keep in mind the void elf leader for some reason after the old God is vanquished is now hearing even more whispers from the void we don't know what she does in this raid

Then you also take into account the fact that all of The whispers from last expansion have come true in one way or another here and so these whispers from the new raid would probably come to pass in the next expansion

and a lot of people have wondered what the six mouths at the high table means and what the boy King serves at the master's table means personally I think that the six mouths that will have one devour all are the dragonflights where the idea is that the twilight dragonflight will devour all because that was the plan with them was they would go around and turn each and every dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From what i remember it was Dragon isles with death theme and dragons as teh subplot, artifact was linked to the dragons. There would also be a partia lworld revamp.

What made it stand out was his claim that there would be 4th specs for several classes including DK and Mage, and also a new hero class called Talon Guard based on Wrathions bodyguards.
    Huh... 4th spec Dark Ranger for Hunters and Necromancers for Warlocks would be sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s no way we will see 4th spec for multiple classes. That’s just too much to balance.
    Although the class team has been MIA the whole time during BFA we might see some major reworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    There’s no way we will see 4th spec for multiple classes. That’s just too much to balance.
    Although the class team has been MIA the whole time during BFA we might see some major reworks.
    IIRC they said after Legion the focus would be shifted on classes instead of specs, so adding a 4th spec seems a little bit strange
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2019-10-22 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    IIRC they said after Legion the focus would be shifted on classes instead of specs, so adding a 4th spec seems a little bit strange
    We’re gonna see a Death Knight rework, a Sub and maybe Outlaw Rogue overhaul, some new Demo Lock (because why not? It’s tradition by now) and hopefully some Arcane Mage changes

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    We’re gonna see a Death Knight rework, a Sub and maybe Outlaw Rogue overhaul, some new Demo Lock (because why not? It’s tradition by now) and hopefully some Arcane Mage changes
    Let's not forget Enhancement shamans

Edit: anyway their plate seems already quite full, I wouldn't try my lack in balancing 12 more specs

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Really torn on this topic. Would like a fourth spec for every class way more than a new class. On the other hand I don't see blizzard putting that much work into classes. Same with world revamp. Would love it, but highly doubt it will ever happen (dear devs, please prove me wrong!).
    A fourth spec wouldn't contradict them shifting more focus on classes in my opinion.