Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Oh you may be right, I read that as the "Tarragrue is repeatedly alerted" not "repeatedly dying alerts" so I took that to mean you sped the creature up everytime you died. Well that means you could just sit on bubble/heroism/ice block CDs and make sure you can not die every run ...okay I guess that's gonna be slow runs waiting on lay on hands =\
    You could in theory do that, but considering there are bosses there which should be more difficult than the average medium ot large pack of enemies i don't see how it is a viable tactic to rely on long cooldowns for every single pack and then still expect to defeat the boss at the end of each level.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

A Blue dev is going crazy posting about Torghast.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...of-the-damned/

Confirms that the Vitality feature that was mentioned in datamining (akin to a time limit) is not in yet or is not even planned to make it in. Also double confirms Tarrague only spawns if you constantly die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel like that would be a bad idea, mostly because it would cause players to endlessly farm Torghast hoping for that one perfect run and generally causing stress and anxiety over potentially having wasted your chest, that feeling being amplified seeing as you would have caused it yourself.
    That's a solid argument.

I do think that limiting the amount of resources you could get from it would be a good idea though. Would mean that if you fail once you can just go back in and keep trying until you have gotten all the resources you can get for that week.
    This would create the pressure to run Torghast as many times as is required to reach cap on all available resources, though... I guess it could be solved by some kind of additive cap, where each week adds a said amount to your overall cap - if you met your cap in previous weeks, you can only get as many reagents or resources as the weekly increase, but if you couldn't/didn't meet that cap before, you have a bigger cap.

For instance, let's say you can get 3 legendary reagents per week. During the first 4 weeks, Joe collected 3 reagents every week and on week 5 he can only collect another 3 reagents, but Mike collected only 2 reagents per week so far and thus on week 5 he can get 3 (from the weekly) + 4x1 from unused previous weekly caps = 7 reagents, so at the end of week 5 if =Joe and Mike collected their maximum reagents, they'd both be at 15.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess wowhead datamined the plot to Revendreth and hoooooo boy.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    A Blue dev is going crazy posting about Torghast.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...of-the-damned/

Confirms that the Vitality feature that was mentioned in datamining (akin to a time limit) is not in yet or is not even planned to make it in. Also double confirms Tarrague only spawns if you constantly die.
    Guy also said "Soon (no tm)" of when Torghast is coming. So either for sure this week or if something fucks up then next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It seems like my initial guess that the Anima problem will be "fixed" by the end of the first raid is correct.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    That's not what it says at all. It says the Tarragrue is making it's way to the end of the dungeon slowly and if it sees you it'll attack you. If it beats you to the end or kills all of your team you're done.

Translation: It's moving slowly and if you die that'll give it time to catch up (most likely some kind of rez at corpse system that delays your rez like a spirit healer where ever you die). Die enough and it's on you like pineapple on pizza and you gonna die.
    But then it has a timer. The timer taking the shape of a slow moving Mob rather then a number on the screen doesn't matter. It would still be a timer.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's not exactly surprising. What IS surprising is that Kaelthas isn't a part of leveling so he's likely part of the post-launch questline with the other big lore figures after you help the locals

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like my initial guess that the Anima problem will be "fixed" by the end of the first raid is correct.
    Well the anima drought sure. Though the implication at the end there says we may learn why the Jailer is such a big spooky threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    But then it has a timer. The timer taking the shape of a slow moving Mob rather then a number on the screen doesn't matter. It would still be a timer.
    It's a timer that only starts ticking after you've failed a few times, though. Instead of a timer that starts the moment you zone in.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's not exactly surprising. What IS surprising is that Kaelthas isn't a part of leveling so he's likely part of the post-launch questline with the other big lore figures after you help the locals
    Uther doesn't appear during lvling either, does he?

Except that one time he talks to Disciple Nikolon.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Uther doesn't appear during lvling either, does he?

Except that one time he talks to Disciple Nikolon.
    I guess they could be a part of the covenant storylines, yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnomes were a mistake.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    mechagnome pic

Lmfao. It won't even look this good. The helmet will be twice as big and the shoulders will be smaller. It'll look terrible.
    Last edited by Redzonetode; 2020-04-14 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    <Mechagnome Pic>
    Kill it with fire!
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

To me, it sounds as much as a timer as enrage timers on bosses.

Alice in Wonderland references in Revendreth too, for what's it worth.

Sword named Vorpalia

I know that and you know that, but doesn't mean that Blizzard wouldn't try to sell it as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Lmfao. It won't even look this good. The helmet will be twice as big and the shoulders will be smaller. It'll look terrible.
    It's just a flesh wound...

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Good god people can't read.

Terragrue ONLY appears if you have died repeatedly.
    The mechanic is meant to end your run when it assumes that you can't continue it anymore.
    While giving you a last ditch chance to get out before it actually ends.