Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ok well that point is totally irrelevant to the topic....

Orcs and AU Orcs are fairly different with different themes and cultures.
    Yes, which makes them irrelevant when Blizz only focuses on (Green) Orcs and Humans for their whole faction's aesthetics and themes.

But the way they assign afterlives is on individual merits not timeline of origins ie characters who are similar across timelines would theoretically end up in the same afterlife. AU and MU Gul'Dan were pretty similar and likely both would have gone the the Maw. So it doesn't really solve the problem that we should potentially bump into two gul'dans in the Maw.
    Or maybe the infinite shadowlands means that there are infinite similar shadowlands so no AU incarnations meets their MU incarnation.
    WoD is a cesspool of plotholes, thinking about it only makes it worse. Just accept that we will never truly understand what the mechanics behind it is and move on.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yes, which makes them irrelevant when Blizz only focuses on (Green) Orcs and Humans for their whole faction's aesthetics and themes.
    Story potential =/= Blizzards use of the story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or maybe the infinite shadowlands means that there are infinite similar shadowlands so no AU incarnations meets their MU incarnation.
    WoD is a cesspool of plotholes, thinking about it only makes it worse. Just accept that we will never truly understand what the mechanics behind it is and move on.
    I mean at that point there might as well just he infinite Shadowlands for each of the AUs.

But i agree WoD has forever left a mark on wows lore better left ignored.

Story potential =/= Blizzards use of the story
    True. Every race has potential.

And Blizzard never uses any of that.

So it doesn't matter in the end.

But the way they assign afterlives is on individual merits not timeline of origins ie characters who are similar across timelines would theoretically end up in the same afterlife. AU and MU Gul'Dan were pretty similar and likely both would have gone the the Maw. So it doesn't really solve the problem that we should potentially bump into two gul'dans in the Maw.
    Yes, which means individuals from different timelines might be assigned different afterlifes, because it's based on individual merits, not combined multiversal merits.
    There's infinitely many afterlifes, so even tiny differences might get you sent to a different one. And if Arthas is considered an unimportant minor power in the Maw, i'm not sure Gul'dan even qualifies for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    True. Every race has potential.

And Blizzard never uses any of that.

So it doesn't matter in the end.
    We do sometimes get story related to the core races that builds on what we had, like when Gnomes got loads of story and exposure because of the relevance with Mechagnomes.

Problem is just that so long as Blizzard continues to make expansions set in new areas then existing races will continue to get sidelined in favor of the new areas. There is afterall so little plot to work with per expansion that just giving a single race exposure means noone else gets any.

Hopefully we get a world revamp eventually, seeing as that is our best chance at getting stories related to the specific races.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, which means individuals from different timelines might be assigned different afterlifes, because it's based on individual merits, not combined multiversal merits.
    There's infinitely many afterlifes, so even tiny differences might get you sent to a different one. And if Arthas is considered an unimportant minor power in the Maw, i'm not sure Gul'dan even qualifies for it.
    True enough!

Inb4 slightly different Bastion where Yrel time travels into the past of Bastion and gives them Dreani tech.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-04-16 at 12:28 PM.

Crossing my fingers for upright undead posture, it would perfect Shadowlands for me visually.
    Some of the BfA guard postures demonstrate what a huge difference it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Crossing my fingers for upright undead posture, it would perfect Shadowlands for me visually.
    [IMG]
    Ahh yes, keep lowering the uniqueness of the Horde to make them more similar to Humans. It is the same kind of tiny change that happened with Blod Elf skin colors that doesnt seem to serve much purpose other than allow Horde ot pretend they are playing Alliance.

Of course, Blizzard could easily do it, they have shown that the argument of "X is there for you" only really applies when it is something Alliance wants, not the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Suffered a minor heart attack on Tuesday and just got home from the hospital. Has anything happened on the Alpha? Or just the same ol' Bastion stuff?
    Are you okay?

Ahh yes, keep lowering the uniqueness of the Horde to make them more similar to Humans. It is the same kind of tiny change that happened with Blod Elf skin colors that doesnt seem to serve much purpose other than allow Horde ot pretend they are playing Alliance.

Of course, Blizzard could easily do it, they have shown that the argument of "X is there for you" only really applies when it is something Alliance wants, not the opposite.
    I really don't think giving the option to not play a hunchback on which gear looks bad and unaligned (the new Shadowlands pieces look terrible on undead because of it) lowers Horde uniqueness.

If you want to play a purple-skinned elf, the Alliance is there waiting for you.

Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think giving the option to not play a hunchback on which gear looks bad and unaligned (the new Shadowlands pieces look terrible on undead because of it) lowers Horde uniqueness.
    Maybe not, but he's got a sort of point. If you get straight undeads with no bones showing up, and you wear a helmet, you just look like a skinny human. Personally I dont mind the added customization, but it does sort of dilute their uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Maybe not, but he's got a sort of point. If you get straight undeads with no bones showing up, and you wear a helmet, you just look like a skinny human. Personally I dont mind the added customization, but it does sort of dilute their uniqueness.
    Pretty mch, yes.
    It isnt a huge change, but it is something which slightly lowers the uniqueness of Humans being the race that allows you to look like a regular human. With different skintones, and generally looking like a what a regular person is, which is part of their visual appeal. Yes, they do look far better than most who play the game, but that is a small thing compared to how different a Tuaren is from what regualr people look like.
    If Blizzard keeps adding regualr skintones ot Belves, and removes the hunchback from Horde races then we might end up at a point where there are more or less several options for humans, instead of things being on a spectrum of Human-to-Inhuman.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone argues "You can't play X race its low population"

You are forever not credible ever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are you okay?
    Yeah, I'll be okay. I live on a diet of 13 different meds and been recommended to eat an entire pineapple per day to thin my blood out.

And I also shouldn't stress so much so, goodbye M+.

Straight-back has been the ONE thing I've wanted from the new customization. Everything else would just be a bonus after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You can as well argument that interview is coming Friday, because content will be unlock on Friday. Who knows.

Of course Thursday is always more likely for new build, more time to repair stuff before weekend.
    True we still don't know unless a lot of content creators start talking about it likely happening today. That's how it happened last week, it was planned to be up Wed but then got pushed back and a lot of the content creators started to tease about it happening Thursday once they knew.

I think we at least know for sure that if Towelliee is locking in the interview time then it's 99% likely new build with Torghast comes up today/tomorrow.

This argument no longer makes any sense after Saurfang vs Sylvanas cinematic. The flagbearer looked more demonic / nercromancer'y than undead and it's a choice Blizzard made.

"Less undead'y" Forsaken would make perfect sense because a). their visual design is over 15 years old and b). After Wotlk most of the undead are pretty freshly risen. Their posture and bones everywhere made sense for those who were under the Lich King's influence because who knows how long their corpse just lay there before being risen. And since Forsakan race is based on humans... why not look like a skinny human? Not every post Wotlk Forsaken was totally massacred before being risen. And the posture never made sense anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go there, 90% of these new customization options mean fuck all when you are wearing gear. You need some very good and very revealing transmog. And lots of cutscenes featuring the player.