Hopefully Teldrassil never returns in any form. The burning was a disgrace lorewise, but from a topdown storytelling point of view, bringing them back to their ancestral ways and making their new Capital Nordrassil is much better and thematic for the savage Kaldorei WoW lacks.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    hmmmmmm

Hahahaha

Cladsic troll.

If it would return I at least hope they will make it an actual tree this time, like how it's supposed to look in lore, not just a massive tree stump that looks like shit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So, a question to those with beta access who leveled from 50 to 60.

I did the whole leveling campaign with occassional side quests here and there (basically those which were given by the main characters anyway). After completing the Master of Lies scenario in Revendreth, which is the last leveling campaign quest, I was level 58 with ~20% to ding 59.

How the hell am I supposed to level to 60? Quests in Bastion/Maldraxxus are gray, Ardenweald quests are green. After that I did one side quest in Revendreth, but I saw it gave me like 2% towards 59 only and I gave up. So now I'm stuck with a 58 lev character who completed the main storyline. Any ideas?

Dungeon grinding? But it sounds like a major oversight if you can't reach max level with just the main story line.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Dungeon grinding? But it sounds like a major oversight if you can't reach max level with just the main story line.
    You can still

If you do plenty of side quests and then the dungeon quests you will hit cap just before you get to that final chapter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

I did the whole leveling campaign with occassional side quests here and there (basically those which were given by the main characters anyway). After completing the Master of Lies scenario in Revendreth, which is the last leveling campaign quest, I was level 58 with ~20% to ding 59.

How the hell am I supposed to level to 60? Quests in Bastion/Maldraxxus are gray, Ardenweald quests are green. After that I did one side quest in Revendreth, but I saw it gave me like 2% towards 59 only and I gave up. So now I'm stuck with a 58 lev character who completed the main storyline. Any ideas?
    You skipped a ton of exp

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    You can still

If you do plenty of side quests and then the dungeon quests you will hit cap just before you get to that final chapter
    That is exactly why I said it's a major oversight if can land in such a situation. Option quests are optional. I also would have figured that even with linear leveling they raise lower level quests to your level and they just force the order on you. Seems extremely dumb to allow for such situations to happen.

Finishing earlier is not an issue and I do all quests anyway, but I know for a fact many people don't give a shit about wow's lame quest stories (which is understandable tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    You skipped a ton of exp
    Thanks captain obvious? That much I figured out myself. What I ask is, is it really a must to do every single side quest and bonus objective (an appropriate level range, so cant come back to Bastion on 58) to ding 60? In BfA it wasn't a case.

- - - Updated - - -

That is exactly why I said it's a major oversight if can land in such a situation. Option quests are optional. I also would have figured that even with linear leveling they raise lower level quests to your level and they just force the order on you. Seems extremely dumb to allow for such situations to happen.
    Exactly. You'd think that since they specifically split quests on Campaign quests and simple quests, it would mean that Campaign is required to achieve max level, while side quests are more like bonus gold / bonus rep / maybe bonus item / ding max lev sooner. But it looks like Campaign alone gets you to like 58 and a half level. Making the side quests not really side quests, because they are still required.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    hmmmmmm

Not sure if it's a hint or just a troll
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Exactly. You'd think that since they specifically split quests on Campaign quests and simple quests, it would mean that Campaign is required to achieve max level, while side quests are more like bonus gold / bonus rep / maybe bonus item / ding max lev sooner. But it looks like Campaign alone gets you to like 58 and a half level. Making the side quests not really side quests, because they are still required.
    I'm mostly surprised that scaling doesn't work and won't allow you to go back. Have you tried it with picking up quests or with quests you already had but didn't do?
    Edit: Well you still have green ones, I guess they should give you enough to reach max level then. I don't think every quest would only amount to 2%, that must have been a particular smal (possibly breadcrumb?) quest.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-08-22 at 10:31 AM.

You do the side quests as you level. Or make sure you hit all the Bonus objectives in the zone while questing. Make solid use on rested exp. And kill stuff to and from quests. I did just a handful of side stuff in and a few bonus objectives in Bastion only and had no issues hitting 60 just before finishing up that scenario.

I don't think every quest would only amount to 2%, that must have been a particular smal (possibly breadcrumb?) quest.
    Nah, it was a basic quest of "collect 3 of those, 3 of those and 3 of those".
    I also did a bonus objective, which was a hell to complete because on this level your stats are low and you cant faceroll mobs anymore, and of course one mob gives 2% completition... the objective awared like 10% of the bar, so still low.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You do the side quests as you level. Or make sure you hit all the Bonus objectives in the zone while questing. Make solid use on rested exp. And kill stuff to and from quests. I did just a handful of side stuff in and a few bonus objectives in Bastion only and had no issues hitting 60 just before finishing up that scenario.
    Well thats the thing though. If a bonus objective is neccessary to get to max level, its not a bonus, its a requirement. Same with side quests - they aren't really side quests if you are required to do them anyway.

But oh well, thats why I decided to level on beta anyway, to find out the correct path. As it seems, you just need to do objectives / side quests, especially the ones in Bastion/Maldraxxus. I guess I could also grind some dungeons...

Nah, it was a basic quest of "collect 3 of those, 3 of those and 3 of those".
    I also did a bonus objective, which was a hell to complete because on this level your stats are low and you cant faceroll mobs anymore, and of course one mob gives 2% completition... the objective awared like 10% of the bar, so still low.

Well thats the thing though. If a bonus objective is neccessary to get to max level, its not a bonus, its a requirement. Same with side quests - they aren't really side quests if you are required to do them anyway.

But oh well, thats why I decided to level on beta anyway, to find out the correct path. As it seems, you just need to do objectives / side quests, especially the ones in Bastion/Maldraxxus. I guess I could also grind some dungeons...
    Even without that one bonus objective, I would have reached 60. Never has there been a case where just doing the campaign or main story quest got anyone to level cap. We have always needed a dungeon or few, collecting mats, some PvP, and/or side quests to reach max level. This is really no different.

I would suggest sending feedback to Blizzard as well if you feel this is a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before XP change in resent build I leveled to 60 about 1/3 into Revendreth. I took most of Bastion and Maldraxxus side quests and some Night Fae. I also did like 2 dungeons tied to quests in areas.

I guess with XP change might just need to do side quests in Revendreth too if you want to ding 60 at intro campaign end. Maybe they'll adjust XP again. I think they are trying to make it slower than before which was a tad fast, but maybe they overshot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    After spending hours at the Maw, I am pleasantly surprised at the fact that it is reasonably challenging. Though given I played as a tankadin, I do worry how weak solo classes would fair there. The lack of a mount is VERY annoying, the place is damn huge.
    Similar thing happened in Suramar for fresh chars. Pulling 2 mobs at once was problematic, and I liked that. And regarding no mounts, I laugh in Travel Form.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Not sure if it's a hint or just a troll
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's a hint. I doubt they'd want a burning tree to be in the game forever. It served its purpose at the time. I still think they'll do something with time when we leave SL. Ion shut the theory down but perhaps he's just protecting a future story development.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's a hint. I doubt they'd want a burning tree to be in the game forever. It served its purpose at the time. I still think they'll do something with time when we leave SL. Ion shut the theory down but perhaps he's just protecting a future story development.
    I was thinking that the Winter Queen could 'gift' the Nelves a new tree, since Ardenweald has big trees like Teldrassil was/is
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone who play Beta could tell what's overall reward structure for open world? From what I understand:

- Renown is 'new AP' but with weekly cap, Soulbinds 'new artifacts', conduits 'new relics' (or rather more like essences now)
    - if you play week-to-week only thing to do to cap Renown are 2 weekly quests

So what's the point of doing emissary every day (3 days)? Only reputation? And what all these various systems around Covenants (like puting Anima in different regions or that Venthyr party thing) are for?

I'm sure we are going to see another pass at leveling XP or something else. Even thought they want your first time through the zones to be linear, there's no reason not to scale the zones. What able alts who can do the zones in any order? They'll fix it.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Can someone who play Beta could tell what's overall reward structure for open world? From what I understand:

- Renown is 'new AP' but with weekly cap, Soulbinds 'new artifacts', conduits 'new relics' (or rather more like essences now)
    - if you play week-to-week only thing to do to cap Renown are 2 weekly quests

So what's the point of doing emissary every day (3 days)? Only reputation? And what all these various systems around Covenants (like puting Anima in different regions or that Venthyr party thing) are for?
    You get Anima from Emissaries. You need anima for table, covenant upgrades and anima conductor, which unlocks various stuff in your covenant zone. It's basically War Resources.

I imagine you might not need it anymore, eventually, like with War Resources. Then they'll probably slap on something else there or just introduce a way to burn it. I think conductor is temporary bonus for one.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-08-22 at 12:07 PM.